Conde Nast Traveler readers honour Thailand with top placings in 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards

Jonathan Fairfield

10 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

No less than three of the 10 places on the ‘Top Islands’ of Asia listing went to Thai islands, with Samui coming in at 7th with a score of 93.33

Note Survey results may have included a disproportionate number of taxi drivers vs regular tourists

2 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Conde Nast Traveler

Please excuse my ignorance but who the hell are Conde Nast? Personally I have never heard of them. According to Wikipedia:-

Condé Nast is a global mass media company founded in 1909 by Condé Montrose Nast, and owned by Advance Publications. Its headquarters are located at One World Trade Center in New York City and The Adelphi building in London. Wikipedia

• Like 1

We know, these ratings are far too subjective...For example, Time Out named the neighborhood of Nørrebro in Copenhagen as the most cool in the world, but, in my opinion, is just a <deleted>hole, nothing fancy about it.Even Sukhumvit soi 11 is better.

So, let's not get too excited about these ratings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drenddy said:

We know, these ratings are far too subjective...For example, Time Out named the neighborhood of Nørrebro in Copenhagen as the most cool in the world, but, in my opinion, is just a <deleted>hole, nothing fancy about it.Even Sukhumvit soi 11 is better.

So, let's not get too excited about these ratings.

But it gives TAT and Thailand something to crow about.