“My Home is My Castle” - but killing intruders can lead to jail

rooster59

Unlike in the US where almost everyone is packing and shooting an intruder is legal in many states, here in Thailand a foreigner having a gun AND shooting a local, be it an intruder or not, is a big deal, wouldn't wanna be in his shoes right now big headaches and lot of express to defend himself, hopefully cool heads will prevail and the case will be settled according to the local laws and the circumstances...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smedly said:

what has any of that got to do with this case - the foreigner didn't have a gun and didn't shoot anyone, in fact it was quite the opposite 

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rather be taken to trial then taken to the crematorium if some thug entered my home and tried to kill me before I succesfully defended myself and he or she ended up facing their maker either in hell or at the pearly gates.

i have a dog who would in this case protect me and his property, if an intruder would get past the dog then they meet me with a number 7 golf bat

• Like 2

"""One Thai legal expert stated at the time that according to Thai law it was okay to shoot a man who you found in bed with your wife as you were deemed to be “protecting your property!”"""

Interesting this sentence of the Thais law, I would advise the Swiss to change his version (it is always possible with the previous versions they were all to protect his honor) he attacked the intruder without wanting to kill him which was to protect his property.

(The wife's first version coincides with her statement that she was in bed sleeping.)

Edited by BE88
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, smedly said:

what has any of that got to do with this case - the foreigner didn't have a gun and didn't shoot anyone, in fact it was quite the opposite 

Don't you know Foreigners are always in the the sh-- whether we do things right to protect others or not. . That's why so many are dyeing to get here to build Condo's. Ain't life a kick in the pants.

Hold on. I can tell you the Swiss gentleman would be up on charges in many countries (regardless of what I might see as a resealable self defense response). That does not mean he would end up in jail but the onus would be on him/his lawyer to demonstrate that it was not murder/man slaughter.  When another life is ended there needs to be due diligence to assure it was necessary self defense.  This is not up to the police, it’s up to the courts.  

• Like 2

The wife was out, the wife's boyfriend finds that his 300000 is gone after being with her, he doesn't climb a wall but came to the front door wanting his money back. I find it funny that everyone is swallowing this one sided story told by the only one standing,

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Rather be taken to trial then taken to the crematorium if some thug entered my home and tried to kill me before I succesfully defended myself and he or she ended up facing their maker either in hell or at the pearly gates.

yeah its always great when the intruder gets  killed and people whinge that he was  killed, greeted with someone in my house  I would  hold  back nothing, in the dark late at night who the hell  knwos what they have got as a weapon or  not, I mean  what are you  supposed to do give  polite  excuse me are you packing

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Unlike in the US where almost everyone is packing and shooting an intruder is legal in many states, here in Thailand a foreigner having a gun AND shooting a local, be it an intruder or not, is a big deal, wouldn't wanna be in his shoes right now big headaches and lot of express to defend himself, hopefully cool heads will prevail and the case will be settled according to the local laws and the circumstances...

..."here in Thailand a foreigner having a gun "....

So.... better use that very legal meat cleaver ....???? (tongue in cheek said ..)

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, smedly said:

the critical facts are quite simple

was the Swiss man defending himself against this armed intruder at his home - seems he was

once the intruder was disarmed and disabled did the Swiss man then proceed to kill him - seems he didn't, he tied him up.

It would be very difficult to tie someone up unless they were unconscious.

• Like 1