Why Do You Stay?

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That would require those in charge to give a <deleted>. IMO they don't.

In the end, IMO they only allowed us to stay because it suited them at the time, not because they wanted a load of old foreigners about the place.

Yet, such a mindset was not consciously contemplated back in the good old days. 

But, back when, Farang were almost considered a novelty. 

The political side kicked in.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 12:31 PM, Jingthing said:

For anyone that really thinks it's always the poor planning of expats that is responsible for people being squeezed out of Thailand or anywhere, maybe talk to participants in Malaysia's My 2nd Home program. That is if they can spare the time as they prepare to leave the country that they were suckered into thinking would be their final berth.

In other words caca happens.

What happens to the houses they all purchased?

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What happens to the houses they all purchased?

Probably nothing. As soon as the changes where announced the pushback made the Government issue a statement they will "review" them (not sure of the outcome but as of right now, you can apply and it's the old rules not the new that where supposed to come into affect a couple of weeks ago).

From an article dated 6 October:

"In his winding-up speech on the 12th Malaysia Plan yesterday, home minister Hamzah Zainudin said existing MM2H programme holders would only be tied to two of the new conditions – a fee increase from RM90 to RM500 a year, and a requirement to stay in the country for a minimum of 90 days each year."

On 10/13/2021 at 3:57 AM, Dart12 said:

Under the government in place., yes he was a criminal.    He was crucified for treason.  This is not disputed in history.  He spoke and fought for what was right, and much of what he did were crimes against the laws of the land.

And that fact does not erase him as the savior.  

If he was around today. He would not be considered a criminal, but exonerated under International laws of Human Rights. The Roman Governor did not consider he had done any wrong, but was only willing to bow to the wishes of the local Pharisees.

The main reason I stay in Thailand is due to the fact that I feel far less miserable in Thailand than anywhere else, such as in places like Luxembourg.

I have been sorely miserable throughout most of my life, until I arrived here in Thailand.

Now, I am so much less miserable that I think this lack of misery makes me feel slightly happy.

I mean, I would really wish to be miserable, if I could.

However, living in Thailand, feeling miserable is just so very difficult, these days.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 8:23 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Interesting post, the miserable people which are not happy don't seem to be commenting. 

I'm convinced most the moaners, complainers, negative posts are coming from those abroad.
It makes no sense to me to see all these bitter, negative comments about Thailand on the social media websites from those that live here.
Surely even a fool would not live here in Thailand if they were so miserable, a complete idiot would choose to live elsewhere if they were so fed up and miserable. 
I'm confused, I can't be living amongst all these pathetic, horrible, delinquents these nasty people that post comments that encourage others to follow with childish comments, constant complaining, whinging and whining.
Like I said earlier, you're alive, enjoy your life, stop complaining, you encourage the weak to follow your negativity. 

Yet, the foolish and miserable still remain. 

The initial inquiry still stands as to why?

• Like 1