Further lifting of COVID-19 restrictions to be decided on Thursday

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A big issue I see is whether or not China, who Thailand has in the first list of 10 allowed to enter double vaccinated without having to quarantine, will allow their citizens to travel here and then return without issues on their end, or whether or not they will still restrict them from leaving the country.

China is restricting its citizens from leaving China for vacation purposes, this is likely to happen well into next year. Thailand can put whoever they want on the list but each country have thier own rules. 

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

From The Guardian this morning;  'To date, 48% of Thais nationwide have received at least a single vaccine dose, while more than 30% have double-jabbed, health officials said Monday.'  (I suspect most of those above with Chinese stuff.)

I speak of the daily numbers of vaccinations they claim to achieve,,,,, some days over a million, but frequently over 700,000. The progress is good, after a late and slow start.

No way I'd book a holiday based on this.

I can easily see us getting locked down and all the rubbish rules put back into place. If this government is good at anything it's intransigence and inscrutability.

Not only that, I bet if you have your plan already booked up and the rules change guaranteed you'll be expected to adhere to the new (old) rules.

Best plan - forget Thailand for at least two years.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

No way I'd book a holiday based on this.

I can easily see us getting locked down and all the rubbish rules put back into place. If this government is good at anything it's intransigence and inscrutability.

Not only that, I bet if you have your plan already booked up and the rules change guaranteed you'll be expected to adhere to the new (old) rules.

Best plan - forget Thailand for at least two years.

Yeah, try Oz instead, Sydney’s on the slops celebrating while 45,000 citizens can’t return home!  To your post.  Rubbish rules, why so? they served their purpose. Get insurance for your flight and trip and yes adhere to the rules. Not too difficult?

9 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

Good news.

Someone has to check the vax certificate. So COE will still be needed.

btw not a big deal, i did it already

Airlines can check vax certificate (as they do for flying to other countries in Europe) . The COE is just another piece of paper that puts people off massively. Mine went ok last December,but imagine a huge uptick in volume- confident with thailand’s record that the issuance will go smoothly and your holiday won’t be ruined expensively? No it’ll put 90%+ off .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Mine went ok last December,but imagine a huge uptick in volume- confident with thailand’s record that the issuance will go smoothly and your holiday won’t be ruined expensively?

I've said that before. Mass tourism drive will kill COE requirements , simply due to embassy staffing issues 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I've said that before. Mass tourism drive will kill COE requirements , simply due to embassy staffing issues 

They are going to have a lot to do at immigration, checking passports, vac certificates, CofE, Insurance,  Covid negative test results AND collecting 500 baht!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

and the detail left out is that most of these got infected locally in Phuket - they did not arrive with covid, they really are good at twisting the truth and blame which is extremely unhelpful

Exactly covid is rampant among the only partially vaccinated and miniscule tested population, not amongst fully vaccinated and extensively tested tourists.

The locals dealing with tourists should face two weeks quarantine and extensive tests.

But Thailand steers away from and often ignores harsh reality......maybe why many of us came here in the first place.????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Vaccinate 100% double doses and stop far#ing around.

and what exactly is going to happen then? Covid will magically disappear? Those vaccinated will not get covid? Keep dreaming, just open everything regardless of the vaccine. If you believe vaccine helps you, fine, go and get it and hope for no longterm effects. But it will not solve anything regarding the number of "cases". As for me, I could not care less, same as in case of the flu.

On 10/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, snoop1130 said:

Numbers aren’t the only factor, however, and if the is a rapid increase in infections, easing of lockdown measures will have to be reconsidered.

If open the country again of course the infections will increase. This is risky to project , many rules can change during a trip in Thailand and you can be stuck. I'm afraid the next high season is allready dead.

24 minutes ago, beeyonder said:

If open the country again of course the infections will increase. This is risky to project , many rules can change during a trip in Thailand and you can be stuck. I'm afraid the next high season is allready dead.

They might go down. If the percentage of fully vaccinated people entering the country is higher than the percentage of people in Thailand who are fully vaccinated, then each new person increases the percentage of the fully vaccinated. 

6 hours ago, falang07 said:

and what exactly is going to happen then? Covid will magically disappear? Those vaccinated will not get covid? Keep dreaming, just open everything regardless of the vaccine. If you believe vaccine helps you, fine, go and get it and hope for no longterm effects. But it will not solve anything regarding the number of "cases". As for me, I could not care less, same as in case of the flu.

No I fully understand Covid will not disappear, and vaccination is not a magical cure.

I'm not a dreamer!!!

My post was in regard to Thailand fully opening with no restrictions.

Thailand expects international travelers to be vaccinated, multi-tested, insured, documented and quarantined while Thailand itself is only at best half vaccinated.

With half of businesses open, half closed, semi lock-downs with some restrictions, no bars, virtually no entertainment, and a curfew people abroad haven't a clue what the hell is happening here.

My post stated get fully vaccinated then open up 100%...  NO RESTRICTIONS

• Like 1

The OP is discussing semi-lockdown restrictions in-country. Why's everybody banging on about China and opening borders??

What's left to ease and what might they be thinking of relaxing tomorrow?

Opening schools?

Relaxing curfew hours?

Allowing alcohol in restaurants (unlikely, but one can dream)

Opening bars (fat chance!)

Mask wearing outside (fat chance)

Anything else they may be addressing?