Further lifting of COVID-19 restrictions to be decided on Thursday

snoop1130

Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-end-quarantine-vaccinated-visitors-133626766.html

Mon, October 11, 2021, 8:36 PM

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries starting Nov. 1, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday, as the Southeast Asian nation tries to revive its pandemic-hit economy.

Visitors from least 10 countries including Britain, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said, according to a transcript of a recorded televised speech provided by his office.

More countries will later be added to the list, he said.

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues to reopen by Dec. 1, 

image.png.213a56205b98d243c3d2963e86e9718d.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

So Thailand is opening for many countries.on 1st November...oh no sorry only parts of Thailand is opening on the 1st November.....very confusing as usual.....

A big issue I see is whether or not China, who Thailand has in the first list of 10 allowed to enter double vaccinated without having to quarantine, will allow their citizens to travel here and then return without issues on their end, or whether or not they will still restrict them from leaving the country.

35 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet the PM just 30 minutes ago said Thailand will be opening up November 1st to those who are vaccinated and test negative on a PCR ATK test from 10 countries with no quarantine of any type.  Sounds like December 1st the bars may become in-play and folks allowed to ring in the new year.

would be nice if ATK cheap test is allowed.  The no quarantine of any type sounds nice, but is that really going to mean no pre paid pre booking SHA for Pattaya?  Time will tell

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

This is October 11. Can we please have clear and specific information about what is happening November 1? Some of us need to plan our travel in advance. 

The reason I first went to Thailand back in 2004 was because it was so easy to go to Thailand.  It required no advance visa, no hotel bookings, etc.  Fly in, get visa exempt on arrival and done.  My contract jobs often started or stopped un predictably so Thailand was great for me and I have returned 15 times.  But of course most people have more long term jobs or lifestyles and need time to plan time away, shift work to fellow employees while they are away, or if a business owner have to make arrangements, etc.

I am supposed to start a gig oct 25.  I am still ready to say no , punch out and head to Thailand.  Heck, I don't need the money really, although one never knows how much they need in retirement, and not taking the job will save me from doing a 3rd state income tax form next year, which by itself is a motivator to just stop working and go to Thailand.  But I just don't trust Thailand's policies just yet,  So I think 6 more months of work for a dosh up

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Thailand to end quarantine for some vaccinated visitors from Nov - PM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-end-quarantine-vaccinated-visitors-133626766.html

Mon, October 11, 2021, 8:36 PM

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will end coronavirus quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors from low-risk countries starting Nov. 1, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said on Monday, as the Southeast Asian nation tries to revive its pandemic-hit economy.

Visitors from least 10 countries including Britain, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said, according to a transcript of a recorded televised speech provided by his office.

More countries will later be added to the list, he said.

Thailand also plans to allow resumption of alcohol sales at restaurants and to reopen entertainment venues to reopen by Dec. 1, 

image.png.213a56205b98d243c3d2963e86e9718d.png

The Thai Enquirer website has a comparable news report posted tonight:

Thailand to open doors to vaccinated travelers from ‘safe countries’ starting November 1

"Thailand will open its doors to vaccinated travelers from a list of ten “safe” countries starting November 1, the Thai prime minister said on Monday.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said in a nationally televised address that it was time for the country to gradually reopen in accordance with his government’s plans.

The United States, the United Kingdom, China, Singapore, and Australia were among the countries mentioned as being on the safe list with more to be announced later."

(more)

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33850/thailand-to-open-doors-to-vaccinated-travelers-from-safe-countries-starting-november-1/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

Richard Barrow has posted a full EN transcription of the PM's speech that has a softer version of the Dec. 1 / alcohol comment, as follows. Note the use of the term "consider allowing":

“By 1st December, we will also consider allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages in restaurants as well as the operation of entertainment venues.”

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/427661562053446

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lolalol said:

do youguys think people will come to thailand this winter and next spring?  

As just came back from Sweden last month. 

Sweden government recommends against travel outside the EU, therefore standard travel insurance is void. 

No direct flights can be made and non are planned. 

Conclusion: no tourists from Sweden for at least six months. 

If I can just get on the plane form the UK - without all the daft Coe's and tests and insurance - and not quarantine on arrival and more testing, I'll be booking start November.

Anyone know if this means cancelling of COE's and insurance ? 

Where do you do the test on arrival ? 

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If I can just get on the plane form the UK - without all the daft Coe's and tests and insurance - and not quarantine on arrival and more testing, I'll be booking start November.

Anyone know if this means cancelling of COE's and insurance ? 

Where do you do the test on arrival ? 

Same here will wait and see about Coe's etc. I think wait until new years 

8 hours ago, lolalol said:

do youguys think people will come to thailand this winter and next spring?  

Young in age or young at heart? Also I can see all these young people lining up with their chinovac vaccine cards waiting to come into Thailand as the door in open. This may not be the right thing to do, don't you think? I need new glasses as I thought he said Young guys, sorry.

Edited by vandeventer

9 hours ago, JCP108 said:

This is October 11. Can we please have clear and specific information about what is happening November 1? Some of us need to plan our travel in advance. 

Some people have gotten really desperate. If I was you I'd let the dust settle before making any move to this place where they are so totally cynical about squeezing money out of dirty barbarians.

So if I was you, I'd get a booster shot, get laid with some Eastern European or Spanish girl over new year and come here in February or March to do so scuba diving. That's how I met my beloved wife some 14 years ago, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to CCSA Assistant Spokesperson Dr. Apisamai Srirangsan, while preparations are being made for reopening tourism in some provinces, a specified proportion of the provinces’ population must be vaccinated and evidence presented to the CCSA committee

Vaccinate 100% double doses and stop far#ing around.

26 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

I don't have a problem with 1 week quarantine in Phuket or Pattaya,I just don't want to ask for COE and buy an overpriced Insurance.To much hassle.

Are you talking about the $100K COVID only insurance policy (which can be got for 6-8k) or the 400K/40K general instance policy (Which can be got reasonably cheaply with lots of deductibles)? 

• Like 1

In the case of the Phuket “sandbox” project, over 40,000 tourists have arrived and 100, or 3%, tested positive for COVID-19

and the detail left out is that most of these got infected locally in Phuket - they did not arrive with covid, they really are good at twisting the truth and blame which is extremely unhelpful

and the whole sandbox scheme has turned out to be a massive failure which they are now starting to realise as the bookings turn to a trickle since the start of Sept after exhausting the number of returning retirees expats and Thais - finally the penny is dropping  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They are doing, and the numbers are impressive, far better than the UK achieved. 

From The Guardian this morning;  'To date, 48% of Thais nationwide have received at least a single vaccine dose, while more than 30% have double-jabbed, health officials said Monday.'  (I suspect most of those above with Chinese stuff.)

• Like 1