Health insurance

georgegeorgia

Wrong, wrong, wrong you really, but really need health insurance if you want to live here no matter what your age and I speak from personal experience. When you get sick, your brain does not work anywhere close to it would if you were not sick and you make bad decisions when you are under a tremendous amount of stress, especially when there is big money is involved.

Besides all of the other benefits health insurance supplies, it also makes the decision making process very easy when you are at your most vulnerable, you just follow the doctors recommendations and don't worry about the money.  And Thailand private hospitals, for the most part are excellent.

The US health care system is the most expensive in the world, which of course is terrible. But, I have noticed one benefit when compared to my friends from counties that have free health care, which is I am used to paying for health insurance and consider it a necessary evil, or a must have no matter what the cost. My friends from free countries will insure their cars, but not themselves and I just do not understand that way of thinking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i just tried comparethemarket.com and got a quote for you easy, also check gocompare.com moneysupermarket.com try long term stay\backpacker insurance as well as travel insurance

Thanks, I checked on gocompare.com (comparethemarket.com is down at the moment) & you cannot get a quote for somebody over 74 with no pre-conditions.

At 74 (no preconditions) the mimimum quote was around £2,200, quite a chunk of change to add to the cost of your holiday. 

55 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks, I checked on gocompare.com (comparethemarket.com is down at the moment) & you cannot get a quote for somebody over 74 with no pre-conditions.

At 74 (no preconditions) the mimimum quote was around £2,200, quite a chunk of change to add to the cost of your holiday. 

but you got the quote for you? age 62ish? £300-£400?

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

but you got the quote for you? age 62ish? £300-£400?

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I'm 55, live in Thailand & have Health Insurance here but I was looking for something for my 77yr old father & to see whether using it as a replacement for Health Insurance if you were living here 6 months of the year was a viable option. 

It clearly is in your early 60s but once you get to 70 it gets very expensive & after 74 isn't really going to be an option.