How would you react to this

wtfracing

23 hours ago, wtfracing said:

Now he works for a government service

Yet the Finance company or banks won't give him a loan, (any wage slips to show?) GO figure why that is. Jeez my wife's  daughter  got a bank house mortgage and she works for Starbucks.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

Never guarantee a debt in Thailand! The finance company holds the vehicle log book and can repossess if there is a default. Forced sale of a house that is worth much more than the loan is an easy option for them and will be their first choice not last resort. Get a usufruct on the house to prevent this

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 7:48 AM, worgeordie said:

If a Bank wont lend him the money, why should your wife

be guarantee, the risk is just too high. just keep an eye on

her in case he talks her into doing it....

regards worgeordie

If it is HER. Money? Why not?????

Little boy wants a new toy, but can't pay for it. Boohoohoo. Expect a temper tantrum. 

There are plenty of used trucks that beggar boy can buy for a song. The shiny new toys can wait for him to succeed in his new business. Wish him well, and slam the door HARD! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

It's not about money .... it's about been a guarantor ,for 2 million Baht , for 4 years..

did you read the post......????

regards worgeordie

Can't you understand what I replied? Obviously not. If SHE got the money to pay if HE might fail. Why not then. Did you get it now???????

• Confused 1

Well, this post is doing well, isn't it?

Surely even this member of 12 years has the brains to deal with this... but I reckon the post is nonsense!

No one, even a newbie, would be daft enough to agree to this, or daft enough to ask strangers.

Could it be one of those 'attention-seeking' posts that has no truth in it?

On 10/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, Pravda said:

I would not worry as your wife should have already said no and send him off.

Perhaps not, hence why he is bring it here, but you are spot on. If that was not my wife's reaction, there would be a very serious talking coming.

No brainer, OP, grow a pair.

Edited by Straight8

On 10/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, CharlieH said:

Your wife is the answer here, what does she say, because ultimately its her house ! her reaction and how she wants to proceed will also tell you exactly how she feels about you and your relationship.

Hopefully she will ask you and what you think, in which case the answer would be (should) Not a chance in hell ! ????

It would be extremely worrying "if" the wife asks the OP what he thinks about this. In my opinion that would not be a good sign what happens after that. ie. change of mind, perhaps willing to help, something going on behind OP's back etc.

On 10/12/2021 at 3:59 PM, 473geo said:

Thread is not about loaning money is about being a guarantor

You think there's a difference in the situation?

When a wife opens you up to this kind of scam the only way is the highway. You have to pick them right to start with. It can be done, but takes time.

Almost every (who have job) Thai can get new car out whit few thousand BTH and montly pay that to like Toyota! If he works in goverment he can easily get loan from goverment bank. Why have even relationship to ex has to wonder, coz normaly ex huspend's dont ever contact to they ex's even they have kid's whit them! Why you think in Thailand has sin sod "system" if normaly man has something to do whit ex womans!

Edited by 2 is 1

4 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

yes - this story is a prime example of how lending money between friends just does not work out so well. A policeman and his missus ask a good friend to act as guarantor on the purchase of a tractor almost 1mb. Decide they no longer want to make the monthly repayments and the poor friend now stands to lose his house. This is a very common story here in Thailand. The policeman could probably make the repayments but if it affects his daily life too much what the heck! I'll let it be my buddies problem! I have heard/witnessed countless stories like this here. For some reason the average Thai does not seem to have much of a conscience when it comes to reneging on debts/promises (even though it may result in extreme hardship for the other person). Personally it makes my blood boil that people can so easily behave like this. I hope the policeman gets into trouble for his actions.

• Thanks 1