How would you react to this

wtfracing

20 minutes ago, ChrisP24 said:

If the bank / loan company thinks he is not good for it, then I'd be inclined to agree with them.

So, not no but "heck no!"  Seriously what possible good can come of your wife guaranteeing the loan?   If this were your home country and your home-country wife approached you with this idea for a home-country ex-husband, what would your answer be?

And, sorry to say it, but what is her current residual relationship with the ex-husband, and more pointedly why does he think that whatever it is warrants her still being entangled enough to even consider doing such a thing?

Because now he thinks that his ex wife is reach.

Farang build her a house and it's probably without any mortgage.

She could guarantee his loan and probably makes some advances.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Too much "moral hazard." Especially if you are perceived as being financially well off, a default will be rationalized as really only impacting you, not really your wife, and your options for recourse against the brother-in-law were the vehicle to be repossessed would be rather limited. Also, brother-in-law's ability to service the loan is likely dependent on his side business being successful, so you would not only be incurring credit risk, but business risk as well.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Troll post.

But to answer. Once I stopped laughing I would tell her it was a commendable effort but that she'd have to come up with a less ridiculous scenario if she expects me to fall for such a wind up.

Edited by JonnyF
  • Like 2