Thailand enters digital age! No more photocopies of Thai ID and House registration necessary

webfact

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess for a nation that has been moving backwards at a pace that could break one's neck, for the past decade or so, any progress is miraculous. So, I guess let us be thankful for the little things in life, as not much more can be expected from the toxic dinosaurs in charge. 

20c2d3ea7ef152c8c1e165237504bcce.gif

Finally.

He recognised me and waived.

Khun farang, love you too mut.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Photocopies make tremendous revenue at immigration, some charging 5  baht a copy !

I can't see that being stopped in a hurry. 

Just wondering about that, since due to hit Samut Prakan Imm. for marriage permission to stay renewal. Tambien Bahn copy has been one of the requirements. Mice if they would unload some of the rest of the junk.

• Like 1

Just last week, I arrived at Phitsanulok imm for visa extension completed with 2 copies of everything, I handed over 2 copies and was immediately given one back - only need one from now-on. 

For interest, the bank book copy was sort of  rejected, it is a foreign currency account upto date the previous day with supporting letter of balance converted to Baht, the prior entry in the bank book was 4 months old as there was no activity during this period- the I O was satisfied that the balance was correct and he had no problem - but asked me to get the bank to update and fill in the previous months, not for his benefit but just in case Bkk office knocked it back, meaning it would need starting all over again - - so back to the bank, luckily 5 minutes down the road - bank issues a letter showing the balance of the past 3 months - all done and dusted and accepted.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Artisi said:

For interest, the bank book copy was sort of  rejected,

I'm going for the marriage extension renewal next week. I'll have the bank letter dated that day, but do I need the passbook updated as well? If so why, when it has the same info as the letter. I normally never update the book because if it fills up the bank tells me I have to make a 1600km round trip to my branch in Bangkok to renew it. And I can't move the account or open a new one with them because I have no work permit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Photocopies make tremendous revenue at immigration, some charging 5  baht a copy !

Just a note. Buriram IO do  not charge for photocopies when doing a Marriage Extension even though the amount they do must be about 20 per individual applicant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I can't see that being stopped in a hurry. 

People at immigration don't have Thai ID cards, but yes, they will never stop that, usually there is a mia noi of one of the officers put  in charge of a private monopolized copy shop. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just a note. Buriram IO do  not charge for photocopies when doing a Marriage Extension even though the amount they do must be about 20 per individual applicant.

Khon Kaen charge 5-10 baht, depending on how naive you look. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess for a nation that has been moving backwards at a pace that could break one's neck, for the past decade or so, any progress is miraculous. So, I guess let us be thankful for the little things in life, as not much more can be expected from the toxic dinosaurs in charge. 

20c2d3ea7ef152c8c1e165237504bcce.gif

"Thankyou. Thankyou. I heard that."????

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm going for the marriage extension renewal next week. I'll have the bank letter dated that day, but do I need the passbook updated as well? If so why, when it has the same info as the letter. I normally never update the book because if it fills up the bank tells me I have to make a 1600km round trip to my branch in Bangkok to renew it. And I can't move the account or open a new one with them because I have no work permit.

BB renew and issue a new passbook anywhere, anytime. Dud one just the other day at local....but not original bank office when the account was opened. 

Just presented old passbook,  passport (all photocopied of course) then a couple of forms signed in blue ink....all done. 

I don't think this is about immigration, is it?

It it not for ampur related issues, like KR2 - I don't thing this is anything new, last March the wife picked up an updated KR2 for the extension, I didn't have any paper in the printer, so she went to the office with her ID card.

The usual procedure is to approach the desk with the ID card and for them to advise you what copies are required, this year they took her ID card, entered her number into the computer and printed off the document, no copies required.

3 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

BB renew and issue a new passbook anywhere, anytime. Dud one just the other day at local....but not original bank office when the account was opened. 

Just presented old passbook,  passport (all photocopied of course) then a couple of forms signed in blue ink....all done. 

I'll ask again when I get my immigration letter from them. I had the same problem when I lived in Bangkok - one branch said no, I had no time to get to my own branch that day before closing and didn't want to make another trip into the city next day. Asked to speak to the manager and he did it. They can if they want to, it seems, but the default answer in any bank anywhere seems to be to say no. Which is why one bank in the UK made The Bank That Likes To Say Yes their slogan.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I would update the bank book, I understand what you are saying  - but TIT - all T's crossed and eyes dotted. 

I would approach your local banks and enquire about a local account, take your wife along and play hard ball - talk with the manager not the junior staff, assume your wife has a bank account, use the same bank. 

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

Just wondering about that, since due to hit Samut Prakan Imm. for marriage permission to stay renewal. Tambien Bahn copy has been one of the requirements. Mice if they would unload some of the rest of the junk.

Truly, not a grammar police post! I love the rodent reference. I know the keys are next to each other, and spellcheck ducks.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I always wondered where these files and copies were stored, if at all. 

So what does the decision mean? Does it mean theres an online system or copies are no longer need to be seen/stored? I am confused.

If they are important they can sometimes become lost and then miraculously found again once your pocket is somewhat lighter.

5 hours ago, Falcon said:

the systems in Thailand are already a joke what with their often using windows xp or similar, with the opening of the systems further, it can only get worse.

No need to worry - Thailand will increasingly switch to the use of Chinese technology, and eventually subcontract the whole process to the mother country..

53 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

People at immigration don't have Thai ID cards, but yes, they will never stop that, usually there is a mia noi of one of the officers put  in charge of a private monopolized copy shop. 

I used to get a non-O visa at the Thai consulate in Melbourne. Used to be a breeze, but the Australian running it retired and a Thai came in. Then, my photo wasn't acceptable, but luckily just nearby was a Thai-owned pharmacy where I could get new ones done. I went there, and there was a long line of people all doing the same thing. Strange, that.

• Haha 2

It's still 5 pp copies at my office for a 90 day report and the last TM30 copy, all signed of course, same if posted. Once was told to copy every single page in pp for an extension. Went the next year with that already done and was told I was wasting the officers time !

• Haha 1