Thailand enters digital age! No more photocopies of Thai ID and House registration necessary

webfact

If this is correct then it means that the citizens details can be accessed more easily than it currently is - it’s already accessible by many people already, so, if accessible by more people, stand by for more problems caused by document fraud and people using other peoples id, etc. the systems in Thailand are already a joke what with their often using windows xp or similar, with the opening of the systems further, it can only get worse.

• Like 1

i have noticed that more and more places have and use chip-readers.   Most of the banks that i frequent have them right on the tellers workstation.. So the staff just partially insert the ID card and the cards’ chip is read and whatever data needs to be verified can be done online or a digital record of the card being presented can also be recorded.

But for the “blue book” i’m not sure how that document can be digitalized as I don’t recall it having a QR code, chip or other alternate means of use. 

but in the end, i applaud any movement towards increasing the use of digital use and decreasing the reliance on paper - so long as the proper safeguards of e-data are in place and there is commitment from all stakeholders agreeing that a digital record carries the same weight as that of a paper record. 

• Like 2

Still have all my Immigration docs copied onto Chonburi Immigration web site from 2019-checked and they are still there.  They never used them and I still can't find the submit button. Chance of Immigration going digital is zero. They like slightly modifying or completely changing year on year. Pity because they have started using QueQ and it works very well. 

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I always wondered where these files and copies were stored, if at all. 

So what does the decision mean? Does it mean theres an online system or copies are no longer need to be seen/stored? I am confused.

Nah it will continue, this is only copies of Thai ID's, the mountain will continue.

Office paperwork.jpg

6 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I always wondered where these files I and copies were stored, if at all. 

They are recycled. If you go to the Immigration office for a visa extension, you will have to sign a paper that you "won't overstay". On the flip side you can see the copied data page and latest visa page of another foreigner.

• Like 2