1st Lot of Moderna Vaccine to Arrive in Nov

snoop1130

RBCr028U.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 14 (TNA) – Zuellig Pharma has confirmed that the first lot of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Moderna will arrive in Thailand in November.

Sunaina Kitkasetpaisarn, general manager of ZP Therapeutics Zuellig Pharma Thailand, said the company did whatever it could for the fastest vaccine delivery for Thailand and in November 100,000-300,000 doses would arrive weekly.

A total of 1.9 million doses would be delivered within the fourth quarter of this year and the rest of the ordered doses would arrive within the first quarter of 2022, she said, adding the exact dates of delivery had yet to be finalized pending the vaccine quality control process of the producer.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-803326

tnalogo.jpg

I know on the Thonburi Hospital Group (THG) LINE app there were so, so many people who paid for 1 or 2 jabs of Moderna complaining big time in the FAQ area about the delayed delivery....many were asking how to do a refund....many wanting to sell their paid for jabs since they went and got free govt jabs of AZ/Pfizer/Chinavac/etc. ....many were complaining that THG wasn't answering questions and customers regarding Moderna delivery.   It got so bad that THG LINE app done away with the FAQ section pretty much shutting down public crossfeed of the FAQs....shutting down the comments.

• Sad 1

Yet I'm getting my moderna shot on October 31st (I could have had it by now but I registered late as always and Sunday 31st worked best for me with the dates available).

A big thank you to the French embassy, which is doing more in Thailand than the whole joke of a government.

All of my Thai gf's family bought Moderna at 6,000 baht for 2 doses back many months ago. All of them managed to get Astra in the meantime as things took too long. I'm guessing they lost their money except if it can become a booster shot later at the end of the year.

The audacity of Thonburi hospital group, charging a crazy price and then delivering late while the situation has been dire here is beyond any words I have...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

The audacity of Thonburi hospital group, charging a crazy price and then delivering late while the situation has been dire here is beyond any words I have...

Well, in all fairness, THG is charging the same as other Thai hospitals offering Moderna....and the delay is due to the govt GPO taking so long to sign a contract to buy the Moderna for all the hospitals who wanted to offer Moderna. 

And even though MANY of the complaints from THG customers is about late delivery (i.e., entire GPO order not being delivered in Oct) and little to no feedback from THG about "can I have a refund now....I changed my mine after paying", well, IMO the terms of agreement when pre-paying for the Moderna jabs said a person could get a refund if their jab don't arrive by 31 Dec (for the Oct-Dec delivery contract), they can transfer rights for their jabs to others, etc. 

I just think how THG has now went silent/deleted the FAQ section on their Moderna LINE app regarding Questions & Answers regarding Moderna jabs is not customer supportive.  Basically implying they don't want to hear customer Moderna whines anymore. 

However, I will also say many customer Modena jab questions/whines occurred because the customers did not read the terms of agreement when pre-ordering the jabs and simply changed their minds after placing the order....decided they didn't want to wait to get the Moderna jabs...they went out and got other jabs.  Basically, buyers remorse is occurring and they are trying to figure out a way to recover money paid for their order.   Yeap, self-inflected whines.

• Sad 1

According to today's newspapers, the Private Hospitals Association said yesterday that there would be no refunds for people who cancelled their Moderna orders, but that they could either postpone their vaccine appointment or transfer their doses to other people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Yet I'm getting my moderna shot on October 31st (I could have had it by now but I registered late as always and Sunday 31st worked best for me with the dates available).

A big thank you to the French embassy, which is doing more in Thailand than the whole joke of a government.

All of my Thai gf's family bought Moderna at 6,000 baht for 2 doses back many months ago. All of them managed to get Astra in the meantime as things took too long. I'm guessing they lost their money except if it can become a booster shot later at the end of the year.

Can I enquire where you are getting your Moderna shot on 31 October ?

Also, 2 jabs of Moderna is 3,300 baht in total, I know this because I paid 3,800 baht x 2 for 2 shots in the beginning (June) for me and my wife, and we were called and advised 500 baht each was being deposited into our account as the government had regulated the price.

6,000 baht for two shots, sounds like someone is telling porkies, I would be looking for some answers if no one received the refunded amounts, best get onto it.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Oxx said:

According to today's newspapers, the Private Hospitals Association said yesterday that there would be no refunds for people who cancelled their Moderna orders, but that they could either postpone their vaccine appointment or transfer their doses to other people.

There should also be an option to use one as a 3rd booster too. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There should also be an option to use one as a 3rd booster too. 

I have had 2 Pfizer jabs compliments of the USA.

Paid for Moderna in June for me and the wife, so when they call, wife will get hers and I will put mine back to say March/April as a booster if the data suggests it is necessary for me, that said, if not, I will either sell it/transfer it to someone else or gift it, or even put it back a further 6 months and have it as an annual booster, again, if the data warrants it.

Will see what pans out.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

Excuse time—Moderna won’t arrive in.October as promised.  So now, November, and will come in lots of 100k, and they won’t know about delivery for 1 to 2 weeks beforehand. And they’re desperately trying to source the vaccine from America. But no one takes responsibility for this delay.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i predict chaos when these arrive when people don't want their vaccine as they've had two already

Announced today that those who paid in advance for this vaccine but have since been jabbed with available alternatives will NOT get their money back.  (As if any Thai EVER returns money!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

"You pay already."

"Sorry, delivery late, maybe soon."

"Sorry, no refund."

And so the familiar tunes play on...

If you have lived in Thailand for a while you just knew how this was going to play out....????

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pib said:

The U.S. FDA has just approved  Moderna booster jab but at only "half the dosage" of a normal jab.  Also, the booster jab should be at least 6 months after completing the normal series.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/14/health/fda-vaccine-advisers-moderna-thursday/index.html

Now I will just have to find out if I am in the high risk category, age 61, stent put in over a decade ago, blood pressure perfect along with everything else.

All 19 members of the committee supported authorizing a 50-microgram booster dose -- half the size of the 100-microgram doses used in the primary series of the two-dose vaccine -- at least six months after the second dose, and only for certain groups: people age 65 and older; people ages 18 to 64 who are at high risk of severe Covid-19; and people ages 18 to 64 whose exposure to the coronavirus in their settings or jobs put them at risk for Covid-19 complications or severe illness.
Moderna's EUA request mirrored the groups authorized to receive a booster dose of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine. Third doses of the Moderna and Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines are already authorized for some immunocompromised people.
Members of the committee said they were not entirely convinced the data showed a booster was necessary or that it increased protection.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Announced today that those who paid in advance for this vaccine but have since been jabbed with available alternatives will NOT get their money back.  (As if any Thai EVER returns money!)

Yep that's ok, in the T&Cs but what wasn't included but added later is you can only delay a jab for one month

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Can I enquire where you are getting your Moderna shot on 31 October ?

Also, 2 jabs of Moderna is 3,300 baht in total, I know this because I paid 3,800 baht x 2 for 2 shots in the beginning (June) for me and my wife, and we were called and advised 500 baht each was being deposited into our account as the government had regulated the price.

6,000 baht for two shots, sounds like someone is telling porkies, I would be looking for some answers if no one received the refunded amounts, best get onto it.

You are right, sorry my bad! It was 3k something per person. I just remember the gf doing it but for her and her daughter so it was 6,600 or so. My bad, really and thanks for correcting me.

I'm getting my Moderna booster at Bangkok hospital. I got J&J there back in July. It is arranged solely by the French embassy and only for French citizens and their spouse.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AwwYesNice1 said:

So these are all for purchase only?

Advanced purchase.

These were ordered by falangs like myself in June for over 3,000 baht a dose.

Supposed to get some money back.

Can't travel until my wife gets it.  I've already had Pfeizer.

Just think.  They could have ordered 100 million more doses then and it would been arriving next month.

Short sited idiots.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

Advanced purchase.

These were ordered by falangs like myself in June for over 3,000 baht a dose.

Supposed to get some money back.

Can't travel until my wife gets it.  I've already had Pfeizer.

Just think.  They could have ordered 100 million more doses then and it would been arriving next month.

Short sited idiots.

Exactly the same for my wife and I. We both signed up (with THG) in June through Line. Then I took pfizer instead. Now waiting for my wife to get vaccinated so we can travel.

• Like 2

I’m so glad I couldn’t get through the registration and pay for that Moderna???? Was able to get 2 jabs of Pfizer free and now I understand that there will be NO refunds for those that paid in advance for Moderna???? Even got the vaccine passport from Dept of Health (50baht)

FF18199C-CFC1-4E04-8E01-38E6C3C05110.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uroller said:

I’m so glad I couldn’t get through the registration and pay for that Moderna???? Was able to get 2 jabs of Pfizer free and now I understand that there will be NO refunds for those that paid in advance for Moderna???? Even got the vaccine passport from Dept of Health (50baht)

FF18199C-CFC1-4E04-8E01-38E6C3C05110.gif

No but you could give the jabs away to friends or family... Christmas gift anyone? ????????????????

????

• Like 1