1st Lot of Moderna Vaccine to Arrive in Nov

snoop1130

21 hours ago, bchrisny said:

And we read this already in May. By that should the first lot arrive 1 oktober. 

There has to be one pessimist. 

One month late is not bad, considering the problems they had acquiring it. Try to be more optimistic. 

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now I will just have to find out if I am in the high risk category, age 61, stent put in over a decade ago, blood pressure perfect along with everything else.

All 19 members of the committee supported authorizing a 50-microgram booster dose -- half the size of the 100-microgram doses used in the primary series of the two-dose vaccine -- at least six months after the second dose, and only for certain groups: people age 65 and older; people ages 18 to 64 who are at high risk of severe Covid-19; and people ages 18 to 64 whose exposure to the coronavirus in their settings or jobs put them at risk for Covid-19 complications or severe illness.
Moderna's EUA request mirrored the groups authorized to receive a booster dose of Pfizer's mRNA vaccine. Third doses of the Moderna and Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines are already authorized for some immunocompromised people.
Members of the committee said they were not entirely convinced the data showed a booster was necessary or that it increased protection.

Are you overweight? Do you smoke? 

If not, I'd say not in the high risk, but I am not a doctor.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOAX said:

Exactly the same for my wife and I. We both signed up (with THG) in June through Line. Then I took pfizer instead. Now waiting for my wife to get vaccinated so we can travel.

Maybe you can keep yours for a booster shot in 6 months?

I'm giving mine to grandma (yai).

She's living with us and helps with our two children, 2 and 7.

I hope you and your wife get to travel before its crowded again.

Enjoy your weekend.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, jacko45k said:

There should also be an option to use one as a 3rd booster too. 

That's what I'm planning to do, as a third private purchase dose following two original AZ ones under the government program.

From all indications in the private hospital/Moderna world, that's perfectly acceptable. I originally registered with the private hospital for, and then later prepaid for, a single Moderna dose as a booster.

But the chart the hospital sent me suggested I might/should wait 6 months after my 2nd AZ dose before getting the Moderna booster.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK