2021: What's your favourite beer?

2021: What's your favourite beer here?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Does anyone else get absolutely nasty hangovers from Heineken? As bad as Chang.

Especially on tap.

Honestly, I don't drink beer anymore. Few times a year. Scotch and bourbon don't make me fat.

I find it almost tasteless. Almost as bad as Australian beer/lager.

13 hours ago, 2009 said:

What does it taste like?

I have always been out off craft beers cos I am afraid it'll taste like flowers.

Not flowery at all.

It has a darker colour and to me, it tastes slightly caramel with no chemical after-taste. Completely different to the standard Thai beers. 55 baht for a large can.

• Like 1

From beers readily available here I prefer in the order below:

1. Kirin or

2. Asahi depending on the current mood (taste is quite different from Kirin)

3. For special occasions: Weihenstephaner Vitus (high alcohol content and expensive, but probably the best beer you can find)

4. Singha

Prerequisite for all: Ice-cold. I put them in the freezing compartment until just before they would freeze.

Important: Glass. I found out that a very thin glass contributes to the taste. Try the difference.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Second entry,   the best beer I have tasted was  the one someone else paid for.

Hauf  Brau House,(or similar spelling)  on Beach Rd, Pattaya   has  draught  wheat beer,  excellent when Im   visiting Sin City.

Yes, Hauf Brau draught wheat beer is excellent.

In Bangkok I liked to go to the Paulaner brew pub on Soi 24.  No longer there now.  However, there is a Paulaner Garden Srinagarindra out on Chaloem Phrakiat near the Rama IX park.

2 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

In Bangkok I liked to go to the Paulaner brew pub on Soi 24.  No longer there now.  However, there is a Paulaner Garden Srinagarindra out on Chaloem Phrakiat near the Rama IX park.

Is wheat beer the same as weizen?

5 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Was that the beer garden where they served suckling pig on Fridays ? Just across the end of Soi Cowboy ? This one was fun - I really miss that. Has been ages ago. Another time now.

14 minutes ago, snowgard said:

I changend last year from Leo to Leo 8 Strong Brew. 
And this is what I like really.

With you there Bro/brew .   Leo tastes like all the rest but Leo 8 HAS more taste.  Now my local off licence has put the price up and just 9 B cheaper than lotus for a box but when I get a box from the offy I always get a freebie , So far I have got a Leo T shirt , a back pack thing , a bottle opener ,and  a Leo tumbler .  Every little helps.  The nice folk there even put the box in the boot of my car.   

There is an even spread among the different brands. This is what you can expect, because there is no "best" beer under the pilseners.There have been blind tests with beer lovers in which they were not able to determine their favourite beer nor their most disliked beer. The choices were no better than what you can expect by chance. So you just believe what you drink. I love craft beers and IPA, but just one.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Was that the beer garden where they served suckling pig on Fridays ? Just across the end of Soi Cowboy ? This one was fun - I really miss that. Has been ages ago. Another time now.

No.  This is on the opposite side of Sukhumvit down Soi 24 over by the Emporium.  I know the place you're thinking of and that was a fun place too.  Sorry to see it go.

17 hours ago, greeneking said:

Beer Laos IPA.  For a while could even get it in 7-11.

When it first came out it tasted like ipa and was worth the extra but then they changed it to a kind of lemony craft beer taste so I stopped buying it. I drink Leo 8 now 

1 hour ago, actonion said:

Chang is good but  became to gassy  i switched to  singha light (my beer)  after  1 year of comparing the 2  im going back to chang

I think I said before , if Chang is made from 'phant pee, Leo is made from Leopard pee and Tiger from tiger pee what is Mybeer made from ?

On 10/14/2021 at 7:16 PM, BritManToo said:

I drink Leo/Tiger/U-beer.

As far as I can tell those 3 beers all taste exactly the same.

I used to drink Chang but that beer gave be blackouts ..... a period of time where I did stuff but had absolutely no recollection of doing so the next day. A couple of my pals claimed similar effects, so we all started avoiding Chang.

I had a friend who was barred from drinking Chang, he would turn really nasty on it, we called him Bill Chang and his name wasn't Billy 

important point for your belly

97 calories - Singha Light Beer (Thailand)

100 calories - San Miguel Light Beer (Philippines)

103 calories - Chang Light Beer (Thailand)

123 calories - Tiger Crystal Light Beer (Singapore)

130 calories - Singha Beer (Thailand)

135 calories - Tiger Beer (Singapore)

150 calories - Chang Beer (Thailand)

150 calories - Heineken Beer (Holland)

150 calories - Phuket Lager Beer

153 calories - Asahi Beer (Japan)

165 calories - Leo Beer (Thailand)