2021: What's your favourite beer?

2021: What's your favourite beer here?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/14/2021 at 4:00 PM, clivebaxter said:

None of that lot

Agree. It's all donkey <deleted>. Even worse with the nearly unavoidable ice cubes thrown in it. ???? If hard pushed I would opt for Leo or Asahi. Asahi maybe the best of the lot, a bit stronger actually, refreshing taste, but still very industrial.

Fortunately, better beer can be bought at reasonable prices. The pic is just an example, there are a few others.

20210528_181242.thumb.jpg.4b3ff0c9d699ee2045de0d196bf8719b.jpg

Edited by gejohesch

2 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

there is no substitute to belgian beers...leffe..duval..chimay..but sadly the price is 3 to 4 times higher here..do Leo 8 extra strong.. for now  

Oh yes, there is. I like Leffe (brune) and Chimay, too. But did you ever really taste Weihenstefaner Vitus ? If not it might be a revelation.

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

Agree. It's all donkey <deleted>. Even worse with the nearly unavoidable ice cubes thrown in it. ???? If hard pushed I would opt for Leo or Asahi. Asahi maybe the best of the lot, a bit stronger actually, refreshing taste, but still very industrial.

Fortunately, better beer can be bought at reasonable prices. The pic is just an example, there are a few others.

20210528_181242.thumb.jpg.4b3ff0c9d699ee2045de0d196bf8719b.jpg

I drink riceberry it's a nice tasting beer the other at 4% is too weak, 5% is the limit. 7/11 sell Krung Thep beer from Cambodia which is good, but at 65 baht for a small can it's priced out of the market, Asean seems a waste of time they just tax but call it something else

On 10/15/2021 at 5:43 PM, VocalNeal said:

For taste or because it is 6.5%

I discovered Tapper about 3 months ago and it is wonderful stuff. Only 51 baht (supermarket) or 53 baht (convenience store) a large can 6.5pc alcohol. I have had 2 cans every evening ever since.

If you like the taste of a top quality Scotch malt whisky you will love Tapper. Both made from malted barley (some rice as well maybe in Tapper). The closest and tastiest Thai made alternative to dark/ black beer Laos. 

Just leave some cans in the stores for me to buy!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bolt said:

important point for your belly

97 calories - Singha Light Beer (Thailand)

100 calories - San Miguel Light Beer (Philippines)

103 calories - Chang Light Beer (Thailand)

123 calories - Tiger Crystal Light Beer (Singapore)

130 calories - Singha Beer (Thailand)

135 calories - Tiger Beer (Singapore)

150 calories - Chang Beer (Thailand)

150 calories - Heineken Beer (Holland)

150 calories - Phuket Lager Beer

153 calories - Asahi Beer (Japan)

165 calories - Leo Beer (Thailand)

Thai San Mig Light, how many calories ?

Also Leo 8?

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, Singh Reserve is my current favourite, a shade darker than  standard Singh. 72 baht from 7 Eleven, I've only seen it in large and in 7 Eleven.

It grows on you, i always choose this if available

IMG_20211017_183115~2.jpg

Edited by scubascuba3

BIG Beer Lao IN Laos (40-50 Baht ?) drinking out - like it was genetically paired to my body to have almost no hangover even after 6 BIG 'uns.

I think its the very low gluten and lack of nuclear waste water from Fukushima 2011 like they have in the Thai Beer...( well the Thais have to reciprocate somehow with all the free blag they get off the Japanese.)

Now you know what is in those Japanese container ships coming in...

Edited by freedomnow

20 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, Singh Reserve is my current favourite, a shade darker than  standard Singh. 72 baht from 7 Eleven, I've only seen it in large and in 7 Eleven.

It grows on you, i always choose this if available

IMG_20211017_183115~2.jpg

Is it like someone put an axe through the top of your head after 4+ of them next day ?

My favourite is not available in Thailand. In the summer it is "Fair Jenny's Jig" and in winter "Rabbies Porter" both made on the premises at the Glenpark Hotel in Ayr.

In Thailand. I cannot stand Chang, Leo is acceptable but slightly too sweet, Singha is better and the best of a poor lot is Tiger. It all depends on your own taste. As a highland barman told a tourist the "best whisky is the one you enjoy for yourself."

On 10/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, clivebaxter said:

I drink riceberry it's a nice tasting beer the other at 4% is too weak, 5% is the limit. 7/11 sell Krung Thep beer from Cambodia which is good, but at 65 baht for a small can it's priced out of the market, Asean seems a waste of time they just tax but call it something else

I agree, 4% is definitely too weak. These were just 2 of the few types I have been trying lately, the good news is that there is more choice than just the Leo-Singha-Chang-etc gang!