2021: What's your favourite beer?

2021: What's your favourite beer here?  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, trainman34014 said:

Remember the days when you walked into a Pub early in the evening and the Barmaid looked as Ugly as Sin; but after Ten Pints she looked like Miss World ?

That's how i feel about Thai Beer; when i first came here i thought all Thai Beers were as bad as Khlong Water; but after a few months of drinking it it seemed to 'Improve'.   However; my first choice these days is Beer Lao.

4uck the beer, what about the barmaid?

43 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You can get Chang almost anywhere, why wait for the hangover when you can have one tomorrow.

The Chang available in the UK is reduced strength so it fits with a lower duty bracket - its not the same.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The Chang available in the UK is reduced strength so it fits with a lower duty bracket - its not the same.

I was meaning in Thailand. This is a Thai forum, not UK.

Edited by KannikaP

2 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

I usually drink Singh but yesterday I bough a can of Kopper, just to give it a try.

I had an awakening!!!  It was delicious. Singh for the bar but definitely Kopper at home.

What does it taste like?

I have always been out off craft beers cos I am afraid it'll taste like flowers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

My favourite, commonly available beer is Federbrau, but I'll drink Chang if it's raining and I don't fancy a ride to Tesco.

Used to drink Singha when I first came to Thailand.

For a while Red Horse was my favourite, but, for some reason, San Miguel Thailand stopped brewing it.

Nowadays it's usually San Miguel, or Heineken when out for a beer.

Rogue Brewery Fat Tire Ale. Its what I drink back in the States. I found it served in a Hotel near the airport a couple of years back. Lao Dark I will drink here--- but to be truthful, I drink less beer here because I think all the local beers are <deleted>.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

Rogue Brewery Fat Tire Ale. Its what I drink back in the States. I found it served in a Hotel near the airport a couple of years back. Lao Dark I will drink here--- but to be truthful, I drink less beer here because I think all the local beers are <deleted>.

Fat Tire - definitely gets my vote too!!!! Beautiful beer.

16 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

This would be my personal choice. 

In the good old days used to be available everywhere/anywhere - even delivered. 

The Thai Beer Mafias put a clamp on that, as they found that the popular lager was cutting into their competitive edge. 

..and as draught

14 hours ago, greeneking said:

Beer Laos IPA.  For a while could even get it in 7-11.

It said Limited Edition on the bottle, and now sadly missed. The closest I've found to an English-style beer (maybe not too far removed from Greene King? ???? ). Black Dragon tastes like a watered-down version but is a half-decent substitute.

But my favourites are Tapper, Cheers Extra and Leo 8, not in any particular order. They're all in the fridge and I decide on the day which to have.

Lao beer, of  any type is my favourite, but  at  over 1200 baht a carton, only  buy it  on birthday/christmas, when Im  feeling rich.  The  new Chang Cold Brew  is   nearly equal to  Lao, and  thats what I drink now.,  at 35 baht a carton more  than regular Chang, I can afford it.

• Thanks 1

Second entry,   the best beer I have tasted was  the one someone else paid for.

Hauf  Brau House,(or similar spelling)  on Beach Rd, Pattaya   has  draught  wheat beer,  excellent when Im   visiting Sin City.

• Like 1

I like Leo as a staple when other beers are not available. But from what's available at a 7-Eleven, I really like Huntsman Blonde (one of the cheapest also when buying bulk in Makro), and Chang 25. I also enjoy a Chang Espresso sometimes.

I chose Tiger from the list as my daily drinking beer but there are many nicer ones out there. Last week in Gourmet Market I found the beers called Khun Phaen and Chao Sungthong. The beers actually had some nice flavours to them. 

I'm also glad I learnt more about Thai literature from an alcoholic drink (as we are not even allowed to post a picture). If it was orange juice I wouldn't have bothered to find out who the characters were. 

Edited by alien365

11 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Posts containing photos of beer beverages have been removed as per local censorship laws about posting images of beverages containing alcohol. 

An inflammatory post has been reported and removed.

Oops sorry I keep forgetting.