Uk life Certificate ,

harry94

I would like to know if it is possible to down load a life certificate from Uk work and pensions and then fill it in and return ,rather than waiting for them to send me a certificate . The reason being i never received the last certificate and my pension was frozen . Thank you .

Well it's frozen already. ????

I understand my pension was withheld twice because of non delivery of life form.

When it happened the second time I ask them to email me a download of the form which they did.  

Since the pandemic I believe and Brexit I have not been sent a life form. 

So I have been emailing them just in case asking if any life forms have been sent to me. 

They just wrote in replying my pension is still being paid and your last life form has been received. 

If your concerned ring the IPC up.  

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Attached is the blank pdf which the IPC emailed to me in 2020 - the third and fourth pages contain the actual certificate which needs to be completed and witnessed.

Their "impeccable" logic in steadfastly refusing to make it available for download from the GOV.UK website truly beggars belief, I think!

Incidentally, when I contacted the IPC this time last year to check whether a Life Certificate was on its way to me (which it transpired one was ????), I was able to do so successfully by using their electronic enquiry form at https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details . Beats hanging on the phone for an eternity at great expense being "serenaded" with irritating muzak until someone in the IPC can be bothered to take your call any time IMHO!

ipc698.pdf 662.85 kB · 2 downloads

https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details

That's what I've been using to ask if they have sent a life form.

The thing is you best ring if your pension is stopped so they send it.

I used the location given by Kwasaki and Ojas to enquire. 

They sent me a PDF to complete and return - by  post, of course, despite their mail not reaching me, and my telling them of current difficulties with Thai/UK mail.

But it was an informative, helpful reply, and stated that  "the Department has greatly extended the return period for the life certificate so your pension will not be suspended "

If it is any consolation, when this happened to me, DWP automatically pay the missed pension with out being asked..  if you post the form, best to phone and check that they have received it .  Sad fact is; DP do not want to pay your pension.  In their world, you should have died soon after reaching pensionable age.

On 10/17/2021 at 6:37 PM, OJAS said:

Incidentally, when I contacted the IPC this time last year to check whether a Life Certificate was on its way to me (which it transpired one was ????), I was able to do so successfully by using their electronic enquiry form at https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/ipc/personal-details . Beats hanging on the phone for an eternity at great expense being "serenaded" with irritating muzak until someone in the IPC can be bothered to take your call any 

A UK Skype phone number is $22/3 months, phone calls are $10 for 400 minutes.

The calls to government offices are completely free after that.

Makes dealing with UK business very easy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A UK Skype phone number is $22/3 months, phone calls are $10 for 400 minutes.

Is that $22 for 3 months + $10 for phone calls? Seems quite expensive.

I use Skype to phone the UK, but just preload the app with £10, and the calls are very cheap, not much more than 50p for, say, 20 minutes. 

- and are people able to phone you on the UK number?

Edited by Eff1n2ret
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Is that $22 for 3 months + $10 for phone calls? Seems quite expensive.

I use Skype to phone the UK, but just preload the app with £10, and the calls are very cheap, not much more than 50p for, say, 20 minutes. 

If you don't buy the phone number, they know you aren't in the UK.

I like having a UK landline.

No certificate of life required ......... ever.

Edited by BritManToo

40 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

I use the mytello app, it costs me 0.3 Baht a minute to a landline and 1.4 Baht to a mobile.

You pay for a local call, but that is covered by my contract minutes with true.

Me same same, its good and cheap in comparison.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

After quite a long wait, I just now received a mail:

profile_mask2.png

TVP International Queries <[email protected]>

19:31 (3 minutes ago)

cleardot.gifReply
cleardot.gif
to me

Dear Mr Plonker

Thank you for your email.

We have suspended the issuing of Life Certificates due to the ongoing global pandemic. This will not affect your UK State Pension.

Kind regards

Jonathan Smith

Pension Officer

+44 191 2187777

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

So the question is, how will we know when they start requiring life certificates again? 

Thanks for that I was going to email them to ask whether they had sent me  a life form.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:56 AM, BritManToo said:

If you don't buy the phone number, they know you aren't in the UK.

I like having a UK landline.

No certificate of life required ......... ever.

I use a VPN set to UK and Skype-no problems!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cooked said:

profile_mask2.png

cleardot.gifReply
cleardot.gif
to me

Dear Mr Plonker

We have suspended the issuing of Life Certificates due to the ongoing global pandemic. This will not affect your UK State Pension.

Kind regards

Jonathan Smith

Pension Officer

+44 191 2187777

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

So the question is, how will we know when they start requiring life certificates again? 

Well, they certainly had no problem in inflicting this particular example of cumbersome HMG bureaucracy on us this time last year when the pandemic was in much fuller cry than it is now!

Q: How will we know when they start requiring life certificates again?

A: When the next request drops in our mailboxes the day after whatever deadline the IPC have set for the return of witnessed certificates and some itchy finger there has already gleefully pressed the button suspending our State Pension payments.

EDIT: Appreciate this strapline of yours:-

"Why be difficult? With a bit of effort you could be bloody well impossible."

Sums up the IPC perfectly IMHO!????

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Perhaps when you see on the news that civil servants have been made to go back to work.

I just email them twice a year now, whether it will work or not because what was most annoying was that they said a LF was sent when they withheld my pension twice before and then said after calling them we will send you another, I still never got the alleged 1st one sent only the one they sent after phoning. 

Edited by Kwasaki

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 7:41 PM, cooked said:

profile_mask2.png

cleardot.gifReply
cleardot.gif
to me

Dear Mr Plonker

Kind regards

Jonathan Smith

Pension Officer

+44 191 2187777

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

Looks like DWP have now resumed issuing Life Certificates if @delgarcon's report in the following thread of having just received one is to be believed:-

https://aseannow.com/topic/1182035-life-certificate/

Edited by OJAS

48 minutes ago, big dendrobenaes said:

i would phone them and proove your still alive... !!!

They still don't believe until they receive the Proof of life form back. ????

On one occasion they said after phoning IPC and giving proof of ID on the phone, they will resume my pension but will withhold again if they don't receive the Life form back. ????

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Do let us know when and if they answer, hopefully we've been spared this year.

I used OJAS's link on Monday and got an email yesterday confirming that I have not been sent a life certificate.

If enough of us pester them, the penny might drop and they set up a system to check in online as the French and other countries do. A simple extension to the Government Gateway system shouldn't be too difficult. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2021 at 10:22 AM, theoldgit said:

Do let us know when and if they answer, hopefully we've been spared this year.

Yes, I also received a reply stating that no LC was outstanding in my case. Based on the biennial cycle which DWP appear to have adopted we can probably next expect to be pestered from August 2022.

On 11/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

If enough of us pester them, the penny might drop and they set up a system to check in online as the French and other countries do. A simple extension to the Government Gateway system shouldn't be too difficult. 

The solicitors who are currently handling the sale of my house in the UK required me to prove my ID by holding up my passport photo page against my "glorious" mug during a brief Zoom meeting which they had arranged. I accept that it is probably a logistically time-consuming challenge too far for IPC to set up individual Zoom meetings with each and everyone of us in turn at LC witnessing time, but I do think that they should at least offer us the option of making video calls to a suitable number at their end for this purpose.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, OJAS said:

Yes, I also received a reply stating that no LC was outstanding in my case. Based on the biennial cycle which DWP appear to have adopted we can probably next expect to be pestered from August 2022

I've just got a similar response, they added "we are starting with Europe".