SURVEY: Nov. opening, will it be a success, a good start or a failure?

Scott

SURVEY: Nov. opening, will it be a success, a good start or a failure?  

289 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, overherebc said:

I have a feeling that the 'openly obvious' dare I use the expresion sex oriented bars could be a thing of the past. Very likely the bars with the girls sitting outside may not be seen again. Will they survive with only the 'waitresses' inside and out of sight? I also reckon the pole dancing bars have gone for good. The underlying industry will still be there but in a different form. Can I say more behind closed doors?

Where would that leave places like Nana and Soi Cowboy?

As discussed  on another thread: Go Go bars were already on their  way out before covid. They won't  be coming back.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Quite. Easing entry while restrictions are in place will keep the numbers down, probably seen as a more manageable arrangement than open floodgates.

I know people in the UK that are desperate to get over, the bars being closed is seen as a much better alternative to a second UK winter.

There is no right decision, only the least wrong, which will always be the worst in the eyes of this forum.

8 hours ago, sandyf said:

Something has to take place for there to be a failure. One has to assume you think doing nothing amounts to success.

Tell us what major country allows foreign nationals to enter the country with just a vaccination certificate and pre flight test.

Better to compare apples to apples than oranges.

No surprise you miss out the bit about the post flight test and enforced quarantine of 2 weeks if you test positive.

Where do you wait for the PCR test results?

Airport? For 6 hours plus? Or quarantine hotel for 1 or 2 nights?

Maybe a tracking app.

2 couples i know have postponed their Thailand trip to next year.

18 October and nobody has a clue about the procedures.

You should read Adam Judd's dispatches in the Pattaya News about not booking anything until the Thai authorities have announced their procedures.

Your desperate friends must live in the Outer Hebrides because my part of the UK is mild in the winter.

People will go elsewhere than risk a Thai government that changes the rules by the day.

As far as mongering goes, best of British luck with that. Talk about playing russian roulette as the fifth customer of the day with someone that has got hold of a fake vaccine QR code for 5000 baht.

Even the Pattaya bar owner Nick Dean thinks Thailand might lockdown again Q1 2022.

You must be desperate. 

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No brains no motivation.  This country  was great under Taksin whatever people  may say. There is not a single country  in the world run effectively by military.

Cannot comment on Taksin, I arrived here not long before he was ousted. How many countries in the world are run by the military?

20 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Cannot comment on Taksin, I arrived here not long before he was ousted. How many countries in the world are run by the military?

In a round about manner, many are.  And true to their nature, the most powerful and influential countries are subliminally dominated by militarism and associated consciousness. Their existence is largely based on militarism. 

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

In a round about manner, many are.  And true to their nature, the most powerful and influential countries are subliminally dominated by militarism and associated consciousness. Their existence is largely based on militarism. 

Soldiers and politicians are a very bad mix, if soldiers had more than the average brains, they wouldn't be risking their lives by joining the army in the first place.

There should be an international law of some sort to keep soldiers away from any countries parliaments.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Soldiers and politicians are a very bad mix, if soldiers had more than the average brains, they wouldn't be risking their lives by joining the army in the first place.

There should be an international law of some sort to keep soldiers away from any countries parliaments.

International Law. 

Whatever that is.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

As discussed  on another thread: Go Go bars were already on their  way out before covid. They won't  be coming back.

In the big cities, perhaps. [and I really doubt that]

This is not the case elsewhere throughout the country. 

Need to see the broader picture.

Edited by zzaa09

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No brains no motivation.  This country  was great under Taksin whatever people  may say. There is not a single country  in the world run effectively by military.

Perhaps, you should look a bit more around. For start, at the same time of the Thai military coup another military coup happened in Egypt. And so far, nothing much had been changed on that junta govt in years.  However, the world has never been so outraged by the Egypt junta as by the Thai junta. 

BTW, there had not been many govts (whether elected or unelected) in Thailand without a strong hand of military. And don't you know Thaksin's military (police) background with many of his extended relatives in high military positions.     

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They will reopen on LK Metro and Soi Cowboy within the next year.... whether they last is another matter. 

A post making a reference to the royal family has been removed.  This is the rule:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

On 10/18/2021 at 11:37 PM, jacko45k said:

They will reopen on LK Metro and Soi Cowboy within the next year.... whether they last is another matter. 

I would think they will reopen within the next few months.

A lot of money has been spent on refurbs.

A lot of Sapphire's girls will move over to their sister gogo in LK Metro.

Nick Dean has done some great YouTube videos and discussions on the scene moving back to Soi Bukahow.

Can it survive without tourists and just expats?

6 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Can it survive without tourists and just expats?

I very much doubt that.... the Expat community is made up of mostly older guys who profess to 'never going into a GGB'. Have to wonder who the customers will be for some of the new places on Soi Pothole too. Once the tourists, and particularly the oriental ones, come back, GGBs will have customers. 

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2021 at 7:21 AM, 3NUMBAS said:

just a trickle of die hard  mongers  not enough to  bring stickman out of retirement is my guess

Sounds great to me.  Mr. "all thai sex workers have HIV" can stay in retirement wherever he is, not that anyone cares either way.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Sounds great to me.  Mr. "all thai sex workers have HIV" can stay in retirement wherever he is, not that anyone cares either way.

He was always a bit of a charlatan and not really that knowledgeable -