Survey – 60% of Thai people believe country not ready to reopen to foreign arrivals

webfact

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

More daily smoke and mirrors to support the PM puppet that he is doing a great job!  He doesn't plan to leave the benefits are just out of this world!????

actually, he wants to open.

First suppose to be 100 days after phuket sandbox.

Now delayed for 2 weeks.

With lower infection rate and with more people getting jab, it's now or the next year high season and 12 months wasted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

New cases are not coming down enough, and the Thai population is under vaccinated. Or course they are fearful. Wait to open boarders 1 December.

Remember, many officials have stated that all these plans are conditional on areas achieving a 70 % vaccination rate.  How strongly that will be enforced is to be determined.  It is far from clear who will make the final call or decisions on all these proposed arrival schemes, or who might change or rescind them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Bet they didn't survey the people who work in the travel industry or the entertainment business, or girls who work in bars etc... 

Hopefully not, I would like to think they can broaden their group selection. beyond a biased sub-sector. It does say 1,392 people from various groups across the country. Rather a small sample... but the result does not really surprise me. 

2 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Wouldn't expect the great masses at least until Songkran and if/when the kooky authorities come to their senses - by April/May the majority of the population will have satisfied the vaccine quota. Or not

By Songkran, they would be debating of booster shots and 2nd year shots etc

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Any fully vaccinated person should be allowed in to the country.  If people do not trust the vaccines, but instead want to keep lockdowns, and shutdowns, etc. well.  it is their country. 

well said

could not have summarised it better

• Like 1

The Suan Dusit Poll, by Suan Dusit University, gauged the opinions of 1,392 people from various groups across the country between October 11th and 14th

I thought that with over 1,000 respondents in Thailand the correct term should be Super Poll.

3 minutes ago, Foek said:

open up the country for your own people first. i am sitting here with 2 children annoying the hell out of me. Swimming Pools , waterfalls and other parks and schools should be opened now!

let us hope they can be off to school soon.

5 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

The Thai Welcome Wagon sure could use some more tweaks....sigh...

Just find someone there with the balls to say yes we will take your money-but to be honest we dont want you here..

I'll probably get a negative response to this... But !  "to be honest we dont want you here.." Some of you must live in a different Thailand to me. I've been here permanently over 7 years now. Travelled extensively. Driven over 85,000 km. Lived in a few different places. Mostly up-country. I agree somewhat to your comment if in BKK or Pattaya, but once outside the tourist traps I've always been treated respectfully. I have all the usual dealings with immigration, banks, insurance companies & service providers. I've never encountered a negative vibe. I have excellent neighbours who often drop in to just say Hi & give me their home grown fruit & veggies. I'm wondering if maybe some members have an attitude issue ?

• Like 2

Let's get real, the Thai economy is in shreds, how long do they expect to wait to reopen? 

Thailand started thier vaccine program much later than most, currently there are only 15 countries in the world who have achieved double vaccine status. Just check when these 15 commenced and you may get an idea of when Thailand could achieve thier target. 

1 minute ago, Tonypandy said:

Let's get real, the Thai economy is in shreds, how long do they expect to wait to reopen? 

Thailand started thier vaccine program much later than most, currently there are only 15 countries in the world who have achieved double vaccine status. Just check when these 15 commenced and you may get an idea of when Thailand could achieve thier target. 

Double vaccine of 70% that is 

7 minutes ago, malt25 said:

I'll probably get a negative response to this... But !  "to be honest we dont want you here.." Some of you must live in a different Thailand to me. I've been here permanently over 7 years now. Travelled extensively. Driven over 85,000 km. Lived in a few different places. Mostly up-country. I agree somewhat to your comment if in BKK or Pattaya, but once outside the tourist traps I've always been treated respectfully. I have all the usual dealings with immigration, banks, insurance companies & service providers. I've never encountered a negative vibe. I have excellent neighbours who often drop in to just say Hi & give me their home grown fruit & veggies. I'm wondering if maybe some members have an attitude issue ?

I wont argue that..as I stay in CM...a tourist area, so may reflect my exps, as i prefer to be around some english speakers to have a chat every now n then.....kudos to you on being the golden child with thais..

9 minutes ago, Clarkey611 said:

Even those with the Sino varieties as part of their portfolio?

Why not?   This is part of the vaccination protocol for many Thai people (apologies to Henry123)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Bet they didn't survey the people who work in the travel industry or the entertainment business, or girls who work in bars etc... 

Hear hear, the powers that be only ask the same 1400/1799 people out of ???? Millions!!!! and claim 60% of this or that say.......????????????