Tourism minister hopes New Year appearances of world famous artists in Thailand will inspire the young and the disabled

webfact

Just to add to this, Perth WA, raised 62 million dollars for handicapped kids just in 1 year

How much has Telethon raised 2021?

Telethon 2021 has smashed a fundraising record with more than $62 million raised for sick children. Donations poured in over the past week, with some big cheques ensuring a major milestone was met

19 hours ago, alyx said:

Not unusual and this has nothing to do with brains. It is a gift.

For a start, learning languages takes hard work and perseverance. Most people who tried and failed just dismiss their failings as others "having a gift". Yes, as with any skill, it is easier for some than it is for others, but in any case it absolutely requires use of the brain. Which brings me to my second point...

Secondly, being "gifted" is usually considered something beyond intelligent. Like a super level of intellect.

So, all in all, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make...

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

For a start, learning languages takes hard work and perseverance. Most people who tried and failed just dismiss their failings as others "having a gift". Yes, as with any skill, it is easier for some than it is for others, but in any case it absolutely requires use of the brain. Which brings me to my second point...

Secondly, being "gifted" is usually considered something beyond intelligent. Like a super level of intellect.

So, all in all, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make...

" Most people who tried and failed just dismiss their failings as others "having a gift": well, in case you are referring to me...wrong door...I speak five languages.

I am not smart ....just gifted: I was eager (I can't be bothered anymore) to mingle with the people and able to pick a language very fast when in a country.

As I wrote, plenty of people out there

Gifted is a sign of intelligence ? not sure about that but this is your point of view

I reckon that in UK, and Us, multilingualism is considered special and unique, showing a form of intelligence, whereas in many other parts of the world, it  is just  a natural part of life. Do you consider Danes, Norwegians or Dutch people more intelligent than the Brits or the French, as the latter do not speak more than their mother tongue usually

As for "the point I was trying to make", I guess you meant "I made", kindly refer to the complete response I wrote. But I am glad it is mind bugling: your challenge of the day ???? 

Have a great day

27 minutes ago, alyx said:

"I am not smart, just gifted" lol okay.

"Do you consider Danes, Norwegians or Dutch people more intelligent than the Brits or the French, as the latter do not speak more than their mother tongue usually"

No. They just focused their brain power on learning the languages. To throw the question back at you... "Do you consider Danes more gifted than the Brits because they speak more languages?"

If no, then your argument is flawed. If yes, then you just have a very odd definition of gifted (which I guess may be the case from the previous quote)

27 minutes ago, JayClay said:

"I am not smart, just gifted" lol okay.

"Do you consider Danes, Norwegians or Dutch people more intelligent than the Brits or the French, as the latter do not speak more than their mother tongue usually"

No. They just focused their brain power on learning the languages. To throw the question back at you... "Do you consider Danes more gifted than the Brits because they speak more languages?"

If no, then your argument is flawed. If yes, then you just have a very odd definition of gifted (which I guess may be the case from the previous quote)

I have a weird definition of it ???? 

• Haha 1