Tourism minister hopes New Year appearances of world famous artists in Thailand will inspire the young and the disabled

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Explaining his logic, the minister said he might think differently from people who only consider financial gain, to determine whether a project is worthwhile, noting the 200 million baht price tag for the appearances of the two famous artists.

This man only sees money... pure BS, he doesn't give a rats behind about anything else.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Just how are Lisa and a fat opera singer going to inspire the young and disabled by singing ?

You might want to "google" Andrea Bochelli he's the blind opera singer, his now deceased friend was the rotund singer Pavarotti.

Tourism minister hopes New Year appearances of world famous artists in Thailand will inspire the young and the disabled

Inspire them to do what? Learn Italian while eating Buriram meatballs?

Money well spent then...

Edited by klauskunkel
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You might want to "google" Andrea Bochelli he's the blind opera singer, his now deceased friend was the rotund singer Pavarotti.

I see he might go down well with the visually impaired then but I though it was about encouraging tourists?

• Haha 1

First came the idiotic idea.

Now comes the rationalization, "We're doing it for the children".

Pro tip: open the schools, and maybe a tad less indoctrination.

Many on thai social media are clamoring for the money to be used more wisely, like vaccines.

But 200 mm does buy a lot of lipstick.

Standing out for New Year's celebrations is challenging. Sydney, Dubai, Paris, London, NYC all garner the press. Yes, Lalisa will get a ton of coverage, but will that break through?

• Like 1

Ok, I'm not even going into the discussion about any Artists, no alcohol, no tourists, etc... 

But most youngsters and their parents are living quiet on their limit right now. And the care for the Disabled is absolutely appalling to say the least! 

Put the money elsewhere!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Concerts at year end sort of goes against the words of out great leader re 'keeping your guard up. No alcohol, large groups or parties' etc.

That is without even discussing social distancing and making everyone stick to their 2 square meters.

And all crowds limited to no more than 500 people as mandated.

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Just how are Lisa and a fat opera singer going to inspire the young and disabled by singing ?

Fat opera singer...:? he has lost quite a lot of weight and although he is not Pavarotti ( who was quite heavy). he does have a reputation. As for the inspiration, it might take root in the fact that the guy is blind

Now, I am not saying that he will, nor that the price tag is justified

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Who also speaks 5 languages ????

Not unusual and this has nothing to do with brains. It is a gift.

Not saying the girl is brainless as I do not know her, in every sense of the term

• Haha 1