Retirement Extension Cancelled- What options

One very workable option if the cause was insufficient funds in the bank is to use the monthly income method of 65,000 baht per month or more. I have been doing that for going on four years now. You just have to be able to produce a one year bank statement showing that income as a direct deposit. I use Transferwise. This would be the surest solution. I don't actually make that much, so every month I tack on an extra $700 US that I then transfer back to the US along with any other funds that need to go back. So in my case there is $700 tied up in order to go round in circles, meanwhile a deposit of 67,000 baht in a lump sum shows up like clockwork in my bank once a month. Kasikorn Bank has a phone app that very easily and cheaply makes international transfers back to your home country within 12 hours, it comes to your bank as a standard ACH deposit and does not trigger any fees at your bank. 

On 10/18/2021 at 9:30 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, given current situation with borders etc you would need an agent.

I realize you posted "apart from agent" however the only way would be to exit country and start over with a new non O 

I have an 'agent' question. 

Outside of Pattaya, Phuket, and Bangkok, where can you find 'agents' who can do magical stuff for a price? 

5 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Legal, in Thailand is a far less definitive than in the west. Also what was legal yesterday may be illegal tomorrow. 
Corrupt is also a slippery concept and really depends on attitudes that change.

In a western society it’s reasonably easy to say that something is corrupt, in Asia, not so much.

I'm tending to agree in most western democracies a government official receiving a payment to facilitate circumventing the rules on immigration would mean front page coverage and undoubted jail time, over here it seems that the ordinary Thai people accept what westerners would call corruption as part of life and that the rules are written in such a way as to allow a degree of "Interpretation", it is after all a country where a bloke in the army took power from an elected prime minister without a vote being cast (albeit at the barrel of a gun or two). Gunna listen to the Mrs now and sabi sabi