Retirement Extension Cancelled- What options

If your retirement extension is cancelled, lets say you dipped below the 800000/400000 requirement during the year what are your legit options apart from using an agent to FIX it at this time to get a new visa/extension?

Some years ago, I had a similar problem:  I had B800k in the bank but I had opened a new account that was not within the 3 month time frame.  No argument would crack the "rules".  I had to go to Vientiane for new visa.  Be sure to have money in the bank before you go for visa although with Covid, don't know where you go to do that.

• Like 1

Since stating 'extension' assuming you are using direct deposit, 65k or 40k a month. If shy of that amount, then you need to deposit the full 800k or 400k 2 months prior to extending, to qualify for the extension.  If extending very soon, the IO may give you a 2 month extension, while the money 'sits in bank', and then do your year extension after that time.  Of course that will be 1900 + 1900 ... ????

• Confused 4

11 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I have been pondering this as well. I sort of decided that going back to the mother country once a year to get a new visa was as easy as anything else. Hopefully that option will become easier in the coming months.

OA looks like a nightmare to me. Non stop questions about it on Thai Visa.

Of married, maybe Savanakhet when borders open

• Confused 3

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you do not meet the requirements for the year after you apply for a extension based upon retirement you application for a new one will not be accepted and you might get 7 days to leave the country after paying 1900 baht for a extension.

Can't we just apply for the new Non-O visa without leaving the country?

Count up the costs involved in leaving the country and starting a new application for a visa and the cost of using an agent I think it would be cheaper paying the 14000 baht to a agent no bank statements and learning a lessen this time round

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Not mentioned yet, but possibly helpful. You could currently apply for a 60-day Covid extension.

Thanks for the suggestion, can anyone else (hint ubonjoe) confirm this as a viable option?

1 minute ago, fangless said:

Thanks for the suggestion, can anyone else (hint ubonjoe) confirm this as a viable option?

Depends when your current permission of stay ends.

Your OP refers to "retirement extension cancelled".

Not clear what you actually mean.

Yes you haven't maintained funds in the bank.....

When why was your current permission of stay cancelled?

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your OP refers to "retirement extension cancelled".

Sorry. bad wording on my part.  It should say extension renewal not approved/may not be approved as money in the bank dipped below the minimum requirement!

Please note this is a hypothetical question as I said in my OP; "lets say you dipped below the 800000/400000 requirement during the year what are your legit options".  I am looking at contingency planning options, nothing else!

• Confused 1