Ais Pre-recorded Message

rank stranger

I've been trying to call a friend in Thailand who has a mobile phone and AIS sim card. Today, when I dialed the number, I got the following message: "Sorry, there is no acknowledgment from your requested number." This was preceded by a message in Thai (which I don't understand).

Does this mean that the mobile phone is turned off? Or does it possibly mean that the sim card has expired?

Thanks for your responses.

This does not mean that the phone is no longer active, I get this occasionally and it often works after a couple of attempts, the message afterwards is the call back service which allows you to leave a number

Hope this helps

Mark

Ps it could also be the service provider has a problem

Phone could be off, out of service area, called party could be rejecting or not answering; network could be congested and calls dropped. Maybe send an SMS requesting a call-back or return SMS? When I call Thai mobiles from the U.S. I get through ~ 60% of the time on the first try.

I've been trying to call a friend in Thailand who has a mobile phone and AIS sim card. Today, when I dialed the number, I got the following message: "Sorry, there is no acknowledgment from your requested number." This was preceded by a message in Thai (which I don't understand).

Does this mean that the mobile phone is turned off? Or does it possibly mean that the sim card has expired?

Thanks for your responses.

you do know that all mobile numbers are preceded by 8 since last November? If you called +66 555 5555 before you need to call +668 555 5555 now...