CCSA operations director say detailed announcements on Thailand’s reopening plan to vaccinated foreign tourists without quarantine will come this week

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Reports elsewhere would seem to indicate a tracking app will need to be installed.

And if that's the case, something that even visitors to North Korea don't have to use, then there are many dozens of alternative places for tourists to visit where Big Brother isn't tracking your every move.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, freedomnow said:

You don't let them in.

You aren't going to know if the vaccine certificates are genuine though are you ? If you have any experience of India you will know. 

You can literally go to a doctors office there and get them to print you anything for money. 

Makes all this a farce - if you are going to rely on the trust of Indians to have genuine vaccines and PCR tests. 

You can't even get a PCR test in many indian areas. 

I know so many people getting on flights, just getting doctors to do a fake PCR test. Reason being they don't have the capacity to do a PCR, and a quick official looking letter is easy. 

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Indian's with fake PCR tests and Fake covid certificates is going to be a major issue. From experience you have small hospitals there selling of any sort of letter you want. 

How do you patrol this ?

Test on arrival comes into my mind

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Some people will come.  I am more than willing and able as I am semi retired and not heading to Thaland looking for a wild two week holiday.  Thailand always was just a great hangout place for me.  Between my contract engineering jobs, I was on the next flight to Thailand while searching and waiting for my next gig.  It was usually easier to fly to Thailand than for me to drive back across the country from California to my home in Florida.   Love walking around.  Always loved the baht bus easy on easy off pickup trucks.  What a great and inexpensive way to get around a city.  Casual daily foot massage, swim in the pool, a little night life now and then. Food from all around the world.  Plenty of company to meet up with during the day as needed. Meditation at the Thai Temples.   I would be content without all the gogos and bars open.  They are a nice distractions and certainly have enjoyed them now and then. Music, cold drink, pretty Thai figured ladies.  stopping into PapaGuyaos on Soi Diana late at night. But I can survive quite fine without them. People watching at KISS open 24 hours.  Love and miss Pattaya.     As vaccinated, make the arrival make sense and they would get my retirement monies. 

You may be in for a shock. It is doubtful that bars, nightlife and drinking in restaurants will be approved.

11 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

the only thing clear from all this is that thailand is 100% not ready to reopen.

if they were, and by that i mean their people are properly protected, there would be no need for anything more than a vaccine passport and a wai.

They said Phuket was ready.... we all know how that worked out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i was shocked to reveal recently that my vaccined status is ABOUT TO BE EXPIRED SOON !!!

i am 2x pfizer, and it says on my paper VALID UNTIL 1NOVEMBER...now what? will

i be able to return to thailand if i leave soon? and how many more vaccines i will have to take

just to keep my status ?? what a mess !!!

What "paper" ? Toilet paper ?

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It has the date you received the vaccine. Expiration dates are not  fully known or understand. There is no concensus.

Is it not the "use before " date, off the phial, rather than an expiry of validity of the certificate? I cannot read the docs in the photo, too grainy.

I think the title of this post should be "CCSA are coming up with a detailed plan to keep requiring tourists to quarantine whilst they await the result of the test they will need to carry out on arrival, whilst forcing them to buy insurance they do not need, in a country that will not be reopening anytime soon" to more accurately reflect what the detailed plans are likely to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

revealed today

Is it the revelation of the third secret of Fatima or what? 
Why they don't revealed that, for example, in Koh Samui, even if you are from one of the permitted countries and you are fully vaccinated, you still have to make a mandatory prepaid reservation in an SHA just in case, upon arrival in Thailand, you'll be covid positive but, if negative, the money isn't refunded?

11 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

even if they open all now to everybody, with no requirements at all, nobody will come.

might be surprising to them, but regular tourists do not think now "oh gosh, when will i be able to return to thailand at last ???"

I have many friends in the UK who holiday here regularly and cannot wait to get back already to get flights as soon as all the measures for getting back are announced, they want to be here for Xmas. ????????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

my suggestion to the thai government, if they read this by any chance, is to open the country alltogether NOW, to anyone without any requirements, just like mexico does and did .

the worst case scenario will be...well, look at mexico...few more thousand deaths....so what?

the reward will be many more lives who will be saved thanks to the open economy.

Obviously you are immortal so dont have to think about you being one of the deaths. 

• Haha 1

Lets see how they do this  not bash and complain all the time 

i realy hope it works even if u need 1 day in quarantine and yes will have to pay as well

thats ok  if u realy  want to visit   or stay away go somewhere els 

this is the COVID generation  it will never go back to as they say normal         this is normal.

i have done 8 times quarantine this year no fun but i need to be with my family so i put up with it 

1 day quarantine and some documents  is ok 

i know many things dont make sence in Thailand  but it is there country we are guests remember this  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, it is what it is said:

surely everyone needs to have the app, not just tourists, otherwise how would they know who an infected person has come into contact with?

As long as they demand a spy app on visitors phones.

They will have very limited numbers of people coming.

Intrusion of privacy isn't what western people want. Pity that they have so limited understanding of the people they want to attract.

So the Thai economy will continue suffering. Quite sad really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, johnarth said:

I am truly amazed why if you have two jabs you are allowed to rome around  Thailand there is no difference between a 2 jaber and a no jaber they are equal as far as spreading covid 19 is concerned is the bull so thick that people cannot understand that ? 

Your understanding of the effects of vaccination is poor. 

The chances of a vaccinated person spreading the virus are about 10% of an unvaccinated person. 

Your internet friends have lied to you, and have prompted you to post something really ignorant here. I would be angry if I were you, since they knew they were lying to you. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Why don't they just write off this year, get their act together and FULLY open next year?

Yes. Getting everything in place and opening properly restriction free for vaccinated tourists on January 1 would be a good starting point.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

my suggestion to the thai government, if they read this by any chance, is to open the country alltogether NOW, to anyone without any requirements, just like mexico does and did .

the worst case scenario will be...well, look at mexico...few more thousand deaths....so what?

the reward will be many more lives who will be saved thanks to the open economy.

Okay, you clearly don't know what happened in Mexico. The unofficial death count is enormous. The official numbers are low, because most people don't die in hospitals. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Except many of those lives won't be saved because the one's who worked in bars and Go Go joints still won't be able to return to work (you REALLY think they're going to let bars open up again in a hurry after the comments they've made recently about aiming for "quality" tourists?). I suppose, for Thais at least, giving 10 days notice is not last minute. That still leaves just about enough time to get your "Thailand Pass" (a COEwithout the quack - if it looks like a duck etc.) PCR test and result, book an ASQ for ?1, 2, 7 nights, depending how fast the "Swab Hubs" decide to work, and pay a bumped up price (even before the new 500 baht additional tax is added - speaking of which, will they be having photo shoots showing the TAT handing out the money to go go dancers and "happy ending" massuese since the fee is supposedly designed to help those hardest hit y the lockdowns in the tourism industry?) Every time I see the government, or TAT or even the banks stating how many millions of tourists are going to come here I can't help but feel they all bought their calculators at the same back street market stall and there's a delay when you hit the "." button before it prints!