CCSA operations director say detailed announcements on Thailand’s reopening plan to vaccinated foreign tourists without quarantine will come this week

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, stigar said:

Im not going back before earliest late january anyway.Next time 3 months there,and when return to my country will bring my wife with me for 90 days here.Anyway thats our plan now,maybe many things changed before that time.

That is probably when they will have it figured out.  Always best to give 2 month buffers from when announcements are made in Thailand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

eh?  On what or where is vaccination expiration status displayed?  Did you get vaccinated in Thialand?  I recently got the JJ vaccine single jab here in the States.  The CDC vaccination card says nothing about expiration, nor does the more detailed receipt I got from the Pharmacy. 

vaccineInfo - Copy.jpg

THE health authorities in my country decided to mention a date of expiry on the vaccination certificate. not sure how other countries will see it.

Is the Thailand Pass approved yet?

No, it is set to be launched on November 1st.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has also stated that you should apply 7 days before your arrival.

Where is the Thailand Pass website?

The website will be at https://thailandpass.go.th (not online yet).

This means that you should not book your flight before November 7th. Thailand should take care not to complicate the whole thing even more.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

When will the details become law? The PM's announcement was a week ago on the 11th of October.

I'm guessing we are at least another week away from actually being able to apply for a "Thailand Pass", maybe more.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

This means that you should not book your flight before November 7th. Thailand should take care not to complicate the whole thing even more.

Too late - I already booked my flight for November 12 and applied for a COE (waiting for final approval at present.)

The million dollar question no one seems to be able to answer is “will I be able to use my COE (issued in October) to enter in November?”

7 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Too late - I already booked my flight for November 12 and applied for a COE (waiting for final approval at present.)

The million dollar question no one seems to be able to answer is “will I be able to use my COE (issued in October) to enter in November?”

I suspect that you will. The CoE will still be used in certain cases. One Thai newspaper says:

The MFA is expected to start rolling out Thailand Pass in replacement of the current Certificate of Entry (CoE) requirement from 1 November. The CoE will still be required at this stage for medical tourism visitors, land border arrivals, and group arrivals such as cruise ship passengers.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/thailand-pass-to-replace-current-certificate-of-entry-coe-requirement-375851

8 hours ago, freedomnow said:

I think even if it was on the covid test on each end of a flight, they are still in for a shock in how fewer tourists would come.

And China, they are not allowing their people to travel or only under

the most impossible conditions..something like a 3-week quarantine on return to China.

So might as well pivot to Indians with their fake pcr test and fake vaccine paperwork per Sri Lanka's experience so far with them.....

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A

PLAN ?

Indian's with fake PCR tests and Fake covid certificates is going to be a major issue. From experience you have small hospitals there selling of any sort of letter you want. 

How do you patrol this ?

5 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

And I point out that often, several officials kept saying that things were conditional on 70 % vaccination rates being reached.  That 70% is not going to happen by November 1.

If they mean fully vaxed countrywide, It won't happen by Dec 1 either.  Their program is doing much better over the last couple months.  If they keep the current rate going, probably 45% by Nov 1 and 60% by Dec 1.   They might  hit 70% by the end of the year though.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

Indian's with fake PCR tests and Fake covid certificates is going to be a major issue. From experience you have small hospitals there selling of any sort of letter you want. 

How do you patrol this ?

You don't let them in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nkg said:

When will the details become law? The PM's announcement was a week ago on the 11th of October.

I'm guessing we are at least another week away from actually being able to apply for a "Thailand Pass", maybe more.

These types of things don't require legislative approval, especially when most everything is ruled upon by decree.

7 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Some people will come.  I am more than willing and able as I am semi retired and not heading to Thaland looking for a wild two week holiday.  Thailand always was just a great hangout place for me.  Between my contract engineering jobs, I was on the next flight to Thailand while searching and waiting for my next gig.  It was usually easier to fly to Thailand than for me to drive back across the country from California to my home in Florida.   Love walking around.  Always loved the baht bus easy on easy off pickup trucks.  What a great and inexpensive way to get around a city.  Casual daily foot massage, swim in the pool, a little night life now and then. Food from all around the world.  Plenty of company to meet up with during the day as needed. Meditation at the Thai Temples.   I would be content without all the gogos and bars open.  They are a nice distractions and certainly have enjoyed them now and then. Music, cold drink, pretty Thai figured ladies.  stopping into PapaGuyaos on Soi Diana late at night. But I can survive quite fine without them. People watching at KISS open 24 hours.  Love and miss Pattaya.     As vaccinated, make the arrival make sense and they would get my retirement monies. 

You should work for the TAT .

I mean this in a positive way .

Your description of what you like here is more accurate and attracting than all the plump efforts by the TAT ...

46 minutes ago, DonniePeverley said:

How do you patrol this ?

When u have a will of a government everything is possible.

Now back in mother Russia if u google "fake certificate" it leads u to sites which explaining how long u gonna do time. And also fine.

Fake paper certificate are no use. QR code is easily trackable. Ur name is in the base and u need id.

The only problem are hardcore antivaccers. This is what they do to get a legit QR code.

They are coming to hospitals. U need to know a nurse, otherwise it wouldnt work out. Hospital staff are scared of constant undercover police checkings. So if someone unknown asking questions they prolly refuse.

So u know a nurse. U come to her office, she scanning a jab, put it in a system, then flash it away in a sink. 

THEN after 3 weeks u come back and do this again.

The whole procedure is so stupid and so timetaking id rather have a jab for real. 

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Additionally, details on what should be prioritized and considered in terms of how and if the plan will be able to be implemented next month will be available this week and will not be “held off until the last moment”, according to the director.

I think it is the last moment already.. Most tourists book their trip weeks before and with no clear details yetm it can take some time before they will book now. We all know that Thailand change the rules by the day....So untill the last moment...

8 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

Some people will come.  I am more than willing and able as I am semi retired and not heading to Thaland looking for a wild two week holiday.  Thailand always was just a great hangout place for me.  Between my contract engineering jobs, I was on the next flight to Thailand while searching and waiting for my next gig.  It was usually easier to fly to Thailand than for me to drive back across the country from California to my home in Florida.   Love walking around.  Always loved the baht bus easy on easy off pickup trucks.  What a great and inexpensive way to get around a city.  Casual daily foot massage, swim in the pool, a little night life now and then. Food from all around the world.  Plenty of company to meet up with during the day as needed. Meditation at the Thai Temples.   I would be content without all the gogos and bars open.  They are a nice distractions and certainly have enjoyed them now and then. Music, cold drink, pretty Thai figured ladies.  stopping into PapaGuyaos on Soi Diana late at night. But I can survive quite fine without them. People watching at KISS open 24 hours.  Love and miss Pattaya.     As vaccinated, make the arrival make sense and they would get my retirement monies. 

I condensed your post when reading. Bottom line up front.

There is much more chance of an infection from the taxi driver at the airport....10,000+ cases each day...that's the cases reported only and 100 deaths each day......

Travellers to Thailand will need to walk around in a bubble, 'cos it's easy to see where the danger really is...and it ain't the travellers!

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

These types of things don't require legislative approval, especially when most everything is ruled upon by decree.

Cheers for the clarification. Many posters talk about decisions being "published in the Gazette" as meaning that they have taken effect - I'm hoping that this happens soon with regards to Thailand's reopening plans.

When it comes to Thailand " Clear " that is what concerns me the most?   I watch a video yesterday on the English version what might be discussed today to my surprise and announced in a few days if consistent with what I watch and heard there might be some good news but not enough for me personally.

What I got there was zero mention of any Insurance.  But you still need to apply through the Thai Embassy permission C.O.E. Thailand Pass whatever they want to call it? The country they list will not need to be quarantine, those not listed will have to reserve 1 day quarantine at a ASQ certify location take a test and wait for result.

My problem I know I'm falling further and further behind when it comes to technology I don't have a clue as to what to do with all these QR codes I have a good second hand phone from my son he set everything up if not it would be really lonely but personally if the phone doesn't ring I'm in heaven.  Other than do emails and logging on this site I don't do social media I don't like to use my phone other than to talk to someone personally. I shake my head these days when shopping etc..  people using their phones to pay for everything it is scary since the only thing I know is to carry cash. 

That being said I don't have full time internet service other than being a home. The requirements talked about they assume everyone has a top notch phone full time internet service if I travel back to the States based on what I'm hearing I need apply submit my vaccination documents wait 3 days for a response once I get permission prior to departure get a PCR test show it to the airline during check-in that sounds like some progress but the problem it has to be all done on my phone which require service in the States which I don't have a clue whatsoever?????

Is there a class in Pattaya for a old clueless guy like myself?

Edited by thailand49

Please please please 

Come to Thailand 

If you can't use the Internet don't come

Because you need to upload all your money I mean details 

When you get past all the stuff we will welcome you with more checks at the airport 

Both ends 

Then you need your phone because we are going to track your movements, 

So don't think of going for a beer 

Or to a bar and god forbid you think of going for a soapy 

Enjoy your time. 

• Haha 2