Book a flight with Emirates and get Travel Insurance included.

Gjk7777

Just going to book a flight with Emirates and apparantly you get automatic Covid Insurance, has anyone entered Thailand and had this insurance and it's been accepted? The cover is for $500,000, which exceeds the requirements of $100,000 to enter Thailand. Thanks in advance.

• Up to USD 500,000 for overseas medical expenses and emergency evacuation.
  • Up to USD 7,500 if your trip is cancelled due to contracting COVID‑19 or for other reasons named in the policy.
  • Up to USD 7,500 if your trip is cancelled or cut short if the school year is extended due to COVID‑19 beyond the departure date, and you or a relative is a full‑time teacher, full‑time employee, or a student at a primary or secondary school.
  • Up to USD 7,500 if your trip is cut short due to you or a relative* falling ill overseas, including contracting COVID‑19, and you need to return home.
  • Up to USD 7,500 if you have to abandon your travels for failing a COVID‑19 test or medical screening at the airport.
  • USD 150 per day, per person for up to 14 consecutive days if you test positive for COVID‑19 and are unexpectedly placed into mandatory quarantine while overseas.

some consulates (as I remember canada) said that they won't accept it for ceo. Let's see, if there would be anything in thailandpass rules.

But others entered without problems.

Some say they know people who successfully claimed.

This policy ends in may 2022, can also be cancelled at anytime by the insurer.

As I remember they cover only up to 30 days after flight. So not enough for long term visas and for extensions - unless you trick ceo by getting departure airfare from thailand within those 30 days. But it's a game. 

I will also fly with them, but the only reason is that they are the most reliable airline, with many daily connections from my airports and neighbouring airports as a back up.

I will ask for a letter from them to submit to thailandpass, but I will also buy 1 year covid plan for 15k, to cover me through 1 year extension. This 1 year plan validates only after 14 days,

Edited by internationalism

2 minutes ago, internationalism said:

some consulates (as I remember canada) said that they won't accept it for ceo. Let's see, if there would be anything in thailandpass rules.

But others entered without problems.

Some say they know people who successfully claimed.

This policy ends in may 2022, can also be cancelled at anytime by the insurer.

As I remember they cover only up to 30 days after flight. So not enough for long term visas and for extensions.

I will also fly with them, but the only reason is that they are the most reliable airline, with many daily connections from my airports and  

I will ask for a letter from them to submit to thailandpass, but I will also buy 1 year covid plan for 15k, to cover me through 1 year extension.

It covers you for the length of your stay. Mine is 15 days. Wink, wink. I don't need insurance with my visa. Never have.