Using Kbank app to transfer money out to farangland

I read this is another thread:

One very workable option if the cause was insufficient funds in the bank is to use the monthly income method of 65,000 baht per month or more. I have been doing that for going on four years now. You just have to be able to produce a one year bank statement showing that income as a direct deposit. I use Transferwise. This would be the surest solution. I don't actually make that much, so every month I tack on an extra $700 US that I then transfer back to the US along with any other funds that need to go back. So in my case there is $700 tied up in order to go round in circles, meanwhile a deposit of 67,000 baht in a lump sum shows up like clockwork in my bank once a month. Kasikorn Bank has a phone app that very easily and cheaply makes international transfers back to your home country within 12 hours, it comes to your bank as a standard ACH deposit and does not trigger any fees at your bank. 

Has anyone else used the Kbank app to transfer money out of Thailand.

I have been here for over a decade.  Only did two large transfers out with Krungsri.  But that was a nightmare and require lots of paperwork.

Have things really progressed that far.  Can I just download the Kbank app and then transfer baht out to my Australian bank account without and paperwork?

"Has anyone else used the Kbank app to transfer money out of Thailand"

"Can I just download the Kbank app and then transfer baht out to my Australian bank account without and paperwork?"

Yes, I have used the K+ App a number to send funds out of Thailand, I found it to be pretty straightforward provided the transfer met the criteria.

Yes, once you have the app you can transfer funds for a number of reasons, you do have to confirm the reason for the fund transfer. I've only ever used it to send cash to Singapore and Malaysia, though Australia is on the list, whether you can send to your own account overseas I don't know, it might flag up a request for further details, though I don't really know. 

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

"Has anyone else used the Kbank app to transfer money out of Thailand"

"Can I just download the Kbank app and then transfer baht out to my Australian bank account without and paperwork?"

Yes, I have used the K+ App a number to send funds out of Thailand, I found it to be pretty straightforward provided the transfer met the criteria.

Yes, once you have the app you can transfer funds for a number of reasons, you do have to confirm the reason for the fund transfer. I've only ever used it to send cash to Singapore and Malaysia, though Australia is on the list, whether you can send to your own account overseas I don't know, it might flag up a request for further details, though I don't really know. 

Did you complete the documentation? and provide to your branch first? fees seem high

Screenshot_2021-10-20-10-17-22-485_com.android.chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Don't you have to prove that the income is from some form of pension?

In my experience, Immigration do not give a monkey's where the money comes from as long as it shows as an International deposit in your Thai Bank, which sometimes is a bit of a PITA depending on which sender and receiver you use. SWIFT transfers are more expensive, take longer, but guarantee to be shown as International.

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:
19 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Don't you have to prove that the income is from some form of pension?

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

In my experience, Immigration do not give a monkey's where the money comes from as long as it shows as an International deposit in your Thai Bank, which sometimes is a bit of a PITA depending on which sender and receiver you use. SWIFT transfers are more expensive, take longer, but guarantee to be shown as International.

And other peoples experience, mine for instance, they do. It was one of the first things my IO asked for when I first did an income based extension.

Edited by Moonlover

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

And other peoples experience, mine for instance, they do. It was of the first things my IO asked for when I first did an income based extension.

Yes, IOs differ from office to office.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Did you complete the documentation? and provide to your branch first? fees seem high

With the K+ App I did neither, it was pretty straightforward.

Your screenshot seems to be from the website, I previously mentioned the App.

I can’t remember the fees, but at the time I thought them to be reasonable.

4 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Why use the KBank app? Why not use the your own bank app? I am with Krungsri yellow Bank. Can I move money to the UK as easily as I can move move money here?

I have account with Kbank.  I was with Krungsri but had lots of problems with local branch and so closed my accounts.