3 years overstay

An agency might be able to fix the overstay without a ban but I cant see them overcoming the scrutiny in issuing a new nonb and a work permit. So if his only reason to stay is he just found a new job as stated, he should just leave and accept the consequences. 

this is definitely a tough one.  i believe there is a limit to the number of land border entries per year so he can't be shown to have used land borders to stay current until covid hit and then be on covid extensions.  i'm fairly sure it is easier to get back dated land border stamps than those provided at airports.  that said, i do believe the various officials are hurting for cash these days so that might be a positive in this case.  money does solve alot of problems here in the kingdom (and many other countries as well !!!).

10 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

The amnesty only covered people who weren't already on overstay/here illegally so it wouldn't have made a difference for this person.

The Amnesty did cover people who were already on over stay, as the reason  for the blanket was the issue of safety.   Go back check the news around April 2020.  

15 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

The Amnesty did cover people who were already on over stay, as the reason  for the blanket was the issue of safety.   Go back check the news around April 2020.  

It only covered overstays that started in March of 2020.

Edit: Topic about it is here. https://aseannow.com/topic/1158542-immigration-announces-latest-visa-relief-measures-on-7-april-2020/

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I only covered overstays that started in March of 2020.

Really, I remember  the post clearly.   It covered back dated overstays.  At this point, the culprit  that was already on overstay a year doesn't  have an excuse.   Each entry point, border or land has it posted in several languages,  and what the consequences will be.  So many people do the right thing, report on time, apply for proper visas, and pay their fees.  There is no excuse  for an honest visitor to not keep their visa current, or proper.   It's not hard to do what one should.