3 years overstay

It is a difficult proposition. As said by BKK traveler three years are not a slight oversite, in addition  the covid situation excuse will not catty water because there were so many amnesties and extensions based on that that your friend failed to take advantage of.

Has covid 19 neen in thailand for over thee years?

If there is any chance,it  would be the agent route.But if it's even possible it would be expensive because they would have to generate a paper trail going back three years, 

But TIT and with enough money, anything  is possible.  

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

3 years aint long, been outside due to covid half that now , chances are he could be back well before thailand gets back to normal  !

If like us, he's still alive at that time. 3 years is a long time to many of us, despite I'm "only" in my mid fifties.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

When land borders were open, there were fixers who could resolve long overstays for less than 50,000 baht (as long as you were not already arrested for the overstay). I assume there are still ways to overcome the problem, but would not be surprised if the cost is way higher than in the past.

Very informative, thank you. If that's the price to pay, it seems very reasonable in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Anything can be fixed in Thailand for the right money, and with the right agent.  Just ask K Boss.

Whether he can find that agent, or afford that money is the question.

I disagree. However by all means post contact details of agent. 

Never say never, maybe there are fixers that can actually fix this, but what are the guarantees and what's the recourse if whatever fix doesn't work as expected?

You can't exactly report them to the police if they claim they can fix it, take your money and then it goes wrong somehow.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

When land borders were open, there were fixers who could resolve long overstays for less than 50,000 baht (as long as you were not already arrested for the overstay). I assume there are still ways to overcome the problem, but would not be surprised if the cost is way higher than in the past.

There was actually  an amnesty  offered that covered and forgave everyone of overstay,  or other ivisa ssues.   This person  really has no excuse.   The writer  says it expired,  and the covid came...  it expired  a year before COVID 19.  Clearly the person of Overstay didn't  care or have any intention of doing what they should have.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

You must not have heard of the foreigners who have caused the violent death of other foreigners in Thailand and been seen a week or two later by several people out and about like it never happened. If you can buy your way out of manslaughter or severe drug charges, a 3 year overstay is nothing. @impulseis correct though, finding the agent and being able to afford the cost is the main issue and nobody is going to post that kind of agent's details on a public forum.

They even let serial killers out of prison  here olny for said killers to do it again.  But thats apples and oranges.   Immigration  is a much worse crime when one is on Overstay!  

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

What is really expensive? 75k?

And how 'fixed' will it be?

No-one would touch him with 3 years overstay...

he's done & dusted in Thailand.

Pay the exit fine and find another country to work in.

1 hour ago, WEBBYB808 said:

There was actually  an amnesty  offered that covered and forgave everyone of overstay,  or other ivisa ssues.   This person  really has no excuse.   The writer  says it expired,  and the covid came...  it expired  a year before COVID 19.  Clearly the person of Overstay didn't  care or have any intention of doing what they should have.

The amnesty only covered people who weren't already on overstay/here illegally so it wouldn't have made a difference for this person.

• Like 2