‘Winter Is Coming’ – Thailand’s cold season to begin next week

snoop1130

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Yes but a PM 2.5 has a valve making it unsuitable for  Covid protection mask... and you make my point actually. By regulation we have to wear a surgical type mask, but if it does not handle 2.5, we need both riding our bikes in town. I still got a large bag of them I bought before Covid.

Dont disagree with you, but the chances of me wearing 2 masks outside on the bike are zero.!!!  I would however swap over to a surgical mask if going into a shopping mall for example.

Just now, sungod said:

Dont disagree with you, but the chances of me wearing 2 masks outside on the bike are zero.!!!  I would however swap over to a surgical mask if going into a shopping mall for example.

Me too.... I was actually riding around mask less Tuesday as I absent mindedly set off without one and didn't get an opportunity to stop and don it until out of town, where I couldn't be bothered. What concerns me is when I stop at the Suk/Klang lights with my surgical on, and I start feeling the impacts of all the vehicle exhausts there, as I did last cold/ pollution season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:
14 hours ago, Moonlover said:

The one thing that I really love about the cold season is that I can enjoy a really cold shower. I love them they are so stimulating.

9 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Just use your AC to get the same effect.

Please explain how I can use my AC to cool the incoming water supply.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand is expected to enter the cold season next week and the periods of chilly weather will last longer, 5 to 7 days at a time instead of just 3 or 5 days as in previous years, according to the Thai Meteorological Department.

I'll get the knitted shorts ready.

13 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I'm born above the arctic circle and would have frozen if nobody warned me.

555 - Lived in Yukon over 25 years. Say minus 57C. Minus 40C for weeks at a time

No one told me !!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It's nice to see you're all "tucking each other in" here.  

Oil companies are not drilling so much these days and with the shortages it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.  We are already sure of what will happen this year - next year should be VERY interesting. ????  

I'm still keeping my end-up, I drill every day.

14 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It's nice to see you're all "tucking each other in" here.  

Oil companies are not drilling so much these days and with the shortages it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.  We are already sure of what will happen this year - next year should be VERY interesting. ????  

It's ok, don't fret, the wind and sun will save us all.

1 hour ago, sungod said:

I used look forward to the cold season, now all it seems to bring is haze and high levels of PM 2.5 unfortunately.  Last 2 days in Pattaya have been quite hazy.

Dig out the N95 to go with the woolies

Sounds great.

Add the industrial grade mask to the monsoon rain for the last month and half of Thailand flooding and it kinda spoils the "Thailand perfect weather" myth so beloved by some posters.

Sounds like your living in a zombie apocalypse movie.

Enjoy the haze and crop burning.

Beautiful sunny autumnal weather in my part of the UK this week.

19 degrees and the leaves turning golden on the trees.

Very mild winter expected as well.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit

1 hour ago, pkspeaker said:

But where is the observed temperature record?  the Thai Met sin't making it public.. the temperatures in the USA (without adjustments) + growing degree days indicator are all down in the last 10 years.. In thailand this year it has been rain clouds and rain for what is it? 4 months.. constant cloudy skies means heat is deflected back into space and is inconsistent with 'greenhouse gas' warming theory which requires less clouds.. I've been here more than 20 years, ususally October & November are very hot like March & April, this year only rain, cool rain that then leads to a colder cold season.. There is climate change but the 'man made global warming' part isn't there unless the USA & SE Asia isn't part of the 'globe'

Deny all you want, but unless changes are made to change course, man made global warming/climate change will become irreversible. 

Edited by Bluespunk
grammar
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I'm born above the arctic circle and would have frozen if nobody warned me.

I know you want to joke, fine, but if I may:

Arctic Circle is a word (ok, two). It really matters where on the planet. Scandinavian Arctic places have the mildest temperatures for the latitude. Try Yakutia.

Anyway, what matters is the living conditions. In my experience of travels in cold places, I have usually found warm indoor temperatures. People often wear just a t-shirt inside. Not so in Thailand. What we easily forget is that winter is actually cold for hill tribes and such, and they don't have central heating or hot water.

A night at 5C without proper heating and clothing is indeed harsh.

18 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The ongoing man made global warming crisis is causing climate change, that is why there are changes in weather patterns.

The result is colder spells that are more extreme, flooding is becoming worse, hotter dry spells elsewhere, wildfire seasons are longer and worse. 

Global warming a natural phenomenon.  

28 minutes ago, sungod said:

You do keep some strange hours on this forum for someone who' lives' in the UK.

Besides I sometimes wonder why you like to spend so much time on a Thai forum, especially when you think everything in Thailand is garbage and the UK is so great.

Anyway, off to the beach now, morning haze has gone and the temperature is fantastic. Going to be another great day !!!

Quite the opposite actually. I don't like people who think Thailand is perfect.

Best to be able to come and go as you wish. If you still have the option that is.

I notice the mask, the haze, crop burning  has now disappeared and no torrential rain or flooding. 555.

You gave the game away there i"m afraid but keep up the charade.

Many would believe you, those of us that actually know Thailand know your full of it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Quite the opposite actually. I don't like people who think Thailand is perfect.

Best to be able to come and go as you wish. If you still have the option that is.

I notice the mask, the haze, crop burning  has now disappeared and no torrential rain or flooding. 555.

You gave the game away there i"m afraid but keep up the charade.

Many would believe you, those of us that actually know Thailand know your full of it.

Whats your infatuation with a forum of a country you do not live in and seem to dislike?

Is it because all your 'friends' are virtual as you have no social skills, likely the only attention you get.

How very sad you are., pathetic actually.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

You do keep some strange hours on this forum for someone who' lives' in the UK.

Besides I sometimes wonder why you like to spend so much time on a Thai forum, especially when you think everything in Thailand is garbage and the UK is so great.

Anyway, off to the beach now, morning haze has gone and the temperature is fantastic. Going to be another great day !!!

Looks like you'll definitely need a mask at that filthy beach. 555

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/21/air-emissions-of-pm2-5-dust-particle-reach-unhealthy-levels-in-many-parts-of-thailand-according-to-iqair/

Paradise my ar#e.

Edited by Cherrytreeview
Edit