‘Winter Is Coming’ – Thailand’s cold season to begin next week

snoop1130

I always used to love going up north in the winter and having to put on a sweater at night, and sleep under a couple of blankets or a thick duvet. But I have no idea anymore when the burning starts, seems the haze and smoke starts coming earlier every year. Such a shame, because it’s so beautiful up there in the winter.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

That's what I said ,They Can't Prove it . they say so and Believe it .

It means Nada. Same as Religion , means Nada Also

Maybe you should look into the difference between religion and science a little more…..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

That's what I said ,They Can't Prove it . they say so and Believe it .

It means Nada. Same as Religion , means Nada Also

You are wrong, you just don't like the evidence so you say it doesn't prove anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Had a great afternoon on the beach, air quality was in the green, just had to cut it short due to the rain. But hey, that's what you expect in rainy season.

Capture.JPG

6 hours ago, sungod said:

You do keep some strange hours on this forum for someone who' lives' in the UK.

Besides I sometimes wonder why you like to spend so much time on a Thai forum, especially when you think everything in Thailand is garbage and the UK is so great.

Anyway, off to the beach now, morning haze has gone and the temperature is fantastic. Going to be another great day !!!

More perfect weather for you to enjoy.

9 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This would be a lovely time of the year but unfortunately its also accompanied by the notorious crop burn season.   The Big Choke is coming would be more accurate. ???? 

I think you find it  delayed at least a month this year.

11 hours ago, pkspeaker said:

But where is the observed temperature record?  the Thai Met sin't making it public.. the temperatures in the USA (without adjustments) + growing degree days indicator are all down in the last 10 years.. In thailand this year it has been rain clouds and rain for what is it? 4 months.. constant cloudy skies means heat is deflected back into space and is inconsistent with 'greenhouse gas' warming theory which requires less clouds.. I've been here more than 20 years, ususally October & November are very hot like March & April, this year only rain, cool rain that then leads to a colder cold season.. There is climate change but the 'man made global warming' part isn't there unless the USA & SE Asia isn't part of the 'globe'

The term 'global warming' was coined by an American scientist I think. Unfortunately that just gave the tabloid newspapers the opportunity to print stories and made up pictures of people sunbathing in places like Hull, Grimsby and other places they normally think of as wet and cold. That's in the UK and I imagine other countries had something similar.

This distracted from the fact that although the Earth is warming it disrupts and changes the climate in various ways hence 'climate change'. As an example if the Gulf Stream is affected then that will reduce the temperature in the UK. I don't know if climate change is responsible for any changes in the cool season in Thailand although it is possible. It's a very complex subject. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Curiosity didn't kill all the cats.

Given the question that gave rise to your comment above I am not going to get into a flap in entering into any further discussion on this.  

????

Lets let the rest get back onto their subject!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Maybe you should look into the difference between religion and science a little more…..

Same difference, one can believe what one wants. 

No proof for what is right or wrong.

I don't believe ,someone  else does.

46 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The last 2 decades were clearly both hotter on average than the 1930s and there were 5 years (Including 2020 which is not shown on the graph), that had higher average temperatures than did 1936.

Any graphs available showing the global warming that occurred with the melting of the glaciers that carved out the Great Lakes? This was, of course, before man, thus maybe dinosaur flatulence can be blamed..... Anyway, yes, man has contributed to global warming -- just how much is the key question.