Which ISP (or 4G maybe)?

ed79

18 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I have followed ALL of those posted with NO ISSUE and see no problem.

You make your own decision.

Well said and I couldn't agree more. The op asked for info and I provided info in the manner that I thought most appropriate.

Interestingly myself and the op have had a very long conversation about these matters in private but as he posted his request in the forum I replied in the forum so that all may benefit but it seems to have ruffled the feathers of one individual to which I would say.....

c'est la vie!

I switched to 3BB (1000/500 MBPS) full fibre to my condo in Bangkok in 2020. Excellent service and speeds. No outages. They supplied a WiFi6AX router which is fast. I pay a year upfront and they give one month free. IIRC it works out about 600 Baht/Month. IMO very good value. Before that I had AIS VDSL 80/30MBPS from 2014 to 2020 which was reliable too but their old pricing plans were more expensive than 3BB fiber. Before AIS I had TOT and you can all guess how bad that was (from 2010 to 2014).

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

Please do not disguise your links; it just looks dodgy.

and the real reason for using Bit.ly; I provide support in my IPTV suppliers forum.

In the forum a client asked for VPN recommendations so I searched for Stacksocial, saw the offer was still on, copied the URL into Bit.ly. Searched for the VpN review, opened the review and copied the url into Bit.ly. Later, I came across the Wireguard review and likewise copied this url into Bit.ly for safe keeping.

There are  2 reasons for using Bit.ly in the IPTV forum:-

i) I was sure this reguest would come up again and sure enought it has so now I have all of the info in one place, I don't have to repeat my search or look in my bookmarks.

ii) Providing support, it is painfully obvious clients do not read install instructions and we finish up having to direct clients to the instruction page. If a client asks for info and I store links in Bit.ly I have an idea as to whether or not they have bothered to read the support info I have provided.

If you think I am going to open the Bit.ly links and then copy each of the url's from the browser instead of just copying the shortened link you have got another think coming!

Anyay, it wasn't you who requested the info so you didn't have to stick your oar in!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 5:13 PM, D2Pipes said:

I just remembered, you are in a condo and, unless things have changed, 3BB will only install fo up to the 4th floor. You need to check this as if you are on a higher floor you may be forced towards the LTE router.

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I'll be on 10th floor.  The condos over 10 years old so hopefully one of the previous residents used 3BB and the wiring's already in place ????‍♀️

I've been trying to think of a reason why I have to pay 1k baht to the condo if I go with 3BB but not if I go with one of the other ISPs.  Just a guess but maybe that's something to do with it.

6 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I switched to 3BB (1000/500 MBPS) full fibre to my condo in Bangkok in 2020. Excellent service and speeds. No outages. They supplied a WiFi6AX router which is fast. I pay a year upfront and they give one month free. IIRC it works out about 600 Baht/Month. IMO very good value. Before that I had AIS VDSL 80/30MBPS from 2014 to 2020 which was reliable too but their old pricing plans were more expensive than 3BB fiber. Before AIS I had TOT and you can all guess how bad that was (from 2010 to 2014).

Thanks, were you above the 3rd floor in that condo and if so were there any problems getting 3BB installed?

6 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

and the real reason for using Bit.ly; I provide support in my IPTV suppliers forum.

In the forum a client asked for VPN recommendations so I searched for Stacksocial, saw the offer was still on, copied the URL into Bit.ly. Searched for the VpN review, opened the review and copied the url into Bit.ly. Later, I came across the Wireguard review and likewise copied this url into Bit.ly for safe keeping.

There are  2 reasons for using Bit.ly in the IPTV forum:-

i) I was sure this reguest would come up again and sure enought it has so now I have all of the info in one place, I don't have to repeat my search or look in my bookmarks.

ii) Providing support, it is painfully obvious clients do not read install instructions and we finish up having to direct clients to the instruction page. If a client asks for info and I store links in Bit.ly I have an idea as to whether or not they have bothered to read the support info I have provided.

If you think I am going to open the Bit.ly links and then copy each of the url's from the browser instead of just copying the shortened link you have got another think coming!

Anyay, it wasn't you who requested the info so you didn't have to stick your oar in!

Thank you for the vetted and shortened URL's--very professional! 

For the scaredy cats, just type a + at the end of any shortened bit.ly link and all will be revealed. For example:  https://bit.ly/3nvYAzV+

Edited by somchaismith
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, ed79 said:

Thanks, were you above the 3rd floor in that condo and if so were there any problems getting 3BB installed?

My condo is on 5th floor of an 8 floor building. I wasn't sure how 3BB were going to get the fibre cable into my condo. I couldn't see how they would thread it through the existing trunking for the copper telephone wires. A 3 man installation crew arrived on time. They started in the hallway where there is a utilities riser shaft from the communications room in the basement. There was already some type of fibre splitter box in the cabinet. The installation team connected to the splitter and then ran the fibre cable through the suspended ceiling to my condo. They drilled a small hole in the ceiling void into my property. Then they continued to run through the ceilnig void to my TV, Phone, Entertainment cabinet. Dropped the wire down the wall discretely and plugged in the new router. 900MBPS/500MBPS real speeds with ethernet cable connection.

• Thanks 1

Please be advised that bit.ly links are no longer allowed on this forum:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. No shortened version urls or affiliate links permitted.

Some posts with inflammatory comments toward other members have been removed.

Topic closed.

• Haha 1