Thai Prime Minister to consider full details of country reopening plan at CCSA general meeting on Friday

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

SHA required for one night.................

Full information just released by the @MFAThai on the three schemes for entering #Thailand from 1st November 2021.

FCOwh-nVQA4t6pD.jpg.9e093d2d7735f5f536b16a0523bd4b51.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1451197610971172868

So no need for the spy app. GREAT, if his is what they actually will go with. I think I will do 2-3 month in Thailand.  But I'll wait and see what the final criteria will be.

Not getting my hopes up to much yet.

7 minutes ago, DoctorB said:

The country would do itself a favour by cutting back on random testing and focusing on hospitalisation and death rates. 

Not really, they're gathering as much data as they can, if other countries are too dim to see that then that's just hard luck.

Ban travellers from the UK based on slightly more accurate numbers and see how much the British government cares - not much.

They're sequencing genomes from people arriving from every country - when a new one is found it will be attributed to the country where it came from.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So its 24 hours later and its all change again - now he is considering ALL testing at the airport ? Yesterday they said 25 minutes from gate to taxi - now you're going to be spending hours at the airport waiting for your results if this is true ! And if this is true , why in earth do you need to book an AQ hotel for a night or so ? What if i want to stay at my house after a an airport test

1. agree to have a Covid-19 test by the Thai medical personnel upon arrival. They will be allowed to travel to the designated areas only when the result is negative.
  2. present a receipt or booking information of accommodations

It's all nonsense again. Sort it out you silly man, you're destroying any hope of any tourism

hopefully all change tomorrow on another yo-yo or throw of the dice

Calm down! Don't jump the gun! Don't pre-empt problems

I read this as great news. If you read items 2 and 3 from the OP full article it implies the arrival covid test is not a RT-PCR, so hopefully short wait at airport to get result and go ????

2. present negative result of RT-PCR Covid-19 test which must be tested no less than 72 hours before traveling.

3. agree to have a Covid-19 test by the Thai medical personnel upon arrival. They will be allowed to travel to the designated areas only when the result is negative

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Here’s a question that probably nobody can answer:

if I leave Thailand for 2 weeks to go to a country on the approved list of 46 or so, am I eligible for “no quarantine “, or do I need to stay away from Thailand for 21 days?

A three week, according to these supposed requirements, stay would make sense 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Full information just released by the @MFAThai on the three schemes for entering #Thailand from 1st November 2021.

Fair do's to you Bkk Brian for posting that and I hope it turns out to be correct but note the title of this thread states the PM will consider the full details tomorrow - Friday.

• Like 2

this publication, khaosod english, did not give their source

"Travelers from 46 countries will not be required to quarantine upon entry in Thailand starting Nov. 1, the government announced Thursday night..

The low-risk countries and territories are: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Hong Kong."

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/4813209582031269

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

$50K worth of medical insurance? Are they talking about covid-19 insurance?

There will be 46 countries with a reservation at SHA+ hotel for one night and 50k insurance covering corona hospitalization, negative RT-PCR 72h prior to departure and another one on arrival. Whoever got tickets can skip the sandbox. Basically all of Europe but Romania and Turkey is there plus USA and Canada so let's hope everything is Gazetted soon.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VictorInBKK said:

There will be 46 countries with a reservation at SHA+ hotel for one night and 50k insurance covering corona hospitalization, negative RT-PCR 72h prior to departure and another one on arrival. Whoever got tickets can skip the sandbox. Basically all of Europe but Romania and Turkey is there plus USA and Canada so let's hope everything is Gazetted soon.

Lomania, not Romania.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is the official list of countries from which visitors can come to Thailand with no quarantine if they are fully vaccinated from 1 November. Still quite a bit of paperwork and a a negative COVID test needed on arrival.

FCOwFmUVEAM7_CT.jpg.8e77f7bf0e0baab671c93a704b7197e0.jpg

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1451197120518627355

Interesting that Ruski's are not Included, they will be <deleted> as winter is approaching fast!.

7 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Here’s a question that probably nobody can answer:

if I leave Thailand for 2 weeks to go to a country on the approved list of 46 or so, am I eligible for “no quarantine “, or do I need to stay away from Thailand for 21 days?

According to Richard Barrow in his 2nd update.

UPDATE 2: ???? I’m told that if you are fully vaccinated and you fly from Thailand to a country or territory on the list and then fly straight back to #Thailand, then you are still exempt from doing quarantine. This will be good for expats and business people.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So its 24 hours later and its all change again - now he is considering ALL testing at the airport ? Yesterday they said 25 minutes from gate to taxi - now you're going to be spending hours at the airport waiting for your results if this is true ! And if this is true , why in earth do you need to book an AQ hotel for a night or so ? What if i want to stay at my house after a an airport test

1. agree to have a Covid-19 test by the Thai medical personnel upon arrival. They will be allowed to travel to the designated areas only when the result is negative.
  2. present a receipt or booking information of accommodations

It's all nonsense again. Sort it out you silly man, you're destroying any hope of any tourism

hopefully all change tomorrow on another yo-yo or throw of the dice

no . this makes sense .  they are trying to simplify things.  now i like the idea of test at airport.  and makes sense u havve to stay one night in a hotel.   they dont want you running off if they need to find you...........................i think the thais are finally on the right track

5 hours ago, fusion58 said:

$50K worth of medical insurance? Are they talking about covid-19 insurance?

Of course. Medical insurance that covers covid-19. No doubt a few people won't read the small print of some policies and end up without real cover for mandatory hospitalisation for asymptomatic covid. 

One moment it is this then moments later Oh!  I need to check with my bosses in a meeting today.  No Quarantine free to travel but wait fellas, before that happens you need to get insurance don't complain I lower the amount, get tested on arrival before that happens I'm going to make you wait in line for hours to be process with hundreds of others side by side, then to make sure the economy is running I'll hire hundred of buses to transport you to your ASQ hotel for one day.  We surely can't have everyone after testing just hop into a taxi although vaccinated wearing a mask when you get there stay put and don't come out until we tell you too!  That doesn't sound like " no quarantine " that list is just the beginning!  The rules are clear you want to come to Thailand " land of smiles "  you dirty farang by the time I'm done you won't be smiling on the way out!????

And if you are stupid enough to come back next year you will have to pay an extra 500 baht for the privilege of course if you don't like the charge then you don't fit our goal of only having the Ho-So come! 

Edited by thailand49
  • Sad 1

November 1st will come and go and this lot will still be sitting changing their minds every few hours . 
Either man up and take the risk or go back to shutting the country off again and putting the last nail in the coffin of tourism for years , not to mention ruining several million peoples livelihood for years to come and leaving them broke with no help from the government !