Thai Prime Minister to consider full details of country reopening plan at CCSA general meeting on Friday

snoop1130

Sorry Russia, vaccinate, vaccinate,  For now enjoy the 7 days ion Phuket first..

I hope my old friend will be able to go in December or January, but he will not pay for an extra special COVID insurance on top of the

regular insurance that he pays for, so for now his plans are up in the air.

Geezer

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So its 24 hours later and its all change again - now he is considering ALL testing at the airport ? Yesterday they said 25 minutes from gate to taxi - now you're going to be spending hours at the airport waiting for your results if this is true ! And if this is true , why in earth do you need to book an AQ hotel for a night or so ? What if i want to stay at my house after a an airport test

1. agree to have a Covid-19 test by the Thai medical personnel upon arrival. They will be allowed to travel to the designated areas only when the result is negative.
  2. present a receipt or booking information of accommodations

It's all nonsense again. Sort it out you silly man, you're destroying any hope of any tourism

hopefully all change tomorrow on another yo-yo or throw of the dice

The test can be done at swampy or dmk and the results fwd to your asq that makes sense. IF they do it right.

My worry is the countries that they are allowing.  The USA is a melting pot.

Also until they open the whole f country including kissing and bars and test it with just Thais partying it will only create havoc if they open the gates and let people in with no booze.

NYE is the biggest one time money maker and draw for hotels and bars.

No booze no tourism

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So its 24 hours later and its all change again - now he is considering ALL testing at the airport ? Yesterday they said 25 minutes from gate to taxi - now you're going to be spending hours at the airport waiting for your results if this is true ! And if this is true , why in earth do you need to book an AQ hotel for a night or so ? What if i want to stay at my house after a an airport test

1. agree to have a Covid-19 test by the Thai medical personnel upon arrival. They will be allowed to travel to the designated areas only when the result is negative.

It's all nonsense again. Sort it out you silly man, you're destroying any hope of any tourism

No where does it say that on arrival means before leaving the airport.. 

Its just as easy to read that and assume the mean on arrival to hotel.. and then you remain in your room until the test result in given. 

I personally think on arrival testing, when you have to present a test 72 hours before arrival, us plain stupidity but thats no longer any surprise. 

• Like 1

He is the last person in the world, who should be heading an important meeting, much less involved in the decision making process. His mind is a jumble of confusion, and all he thinks about is protecting the rich, the elite, those in power, the corrupt cops, and his own. He is useless to the people of Thailand. The sooner they realize the, the better. 

You continue with your daily lies, and you are at a stage where nobody in this nation, other than some of the generals and cabinet ministers take you seriously anymore. You have undermined your own credibility time and time again, with bad information, fake news, broken promises, and terrible leadership. Do you even know what the definition of leadership is? 

True leaders really are in the service of their people. True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people to realize their full potential, and in doing so they inspire excellence. Nobody can demand respect, loyalty or trust, like you constantly do. These things have to be earned. There are no short cuts, no way to cheat the process. Great leaders have integrity and truly value their people. And you do not inspire confidence, as you have never had any follow up in your weak game, you are highly insincere, and grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 7 plus years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

So, if you were a man of integrity, the man you led the nation to believe you were, when you seized power 7 long years ago, you would now say:

I know, I know, I know. I should have reacted when the outbreak happened back in December, and done the right thing by shutting down that area in Samut. 
I know. I should have taken the vaccine thing more seriously.
I know, I should have had a more qualified health minister.
I know, my pathological fear of the optics of a lockdown are causing many more cases than need be.
And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have and could have done better.
Do you want me to resign now? I know what is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do. But, doing the right thing would be so alien for me. I am not sure I even know how to do that. 

WireAP_f2d5e865bde74bae9daa81a5434caea9_16x9_992.jpg

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Another thread with more gossip and more rumour for everyone to get all excited about. 

Why not just wait until the official announcement. 

Why can't the government ministers do just that? Keep their <deleted> mouths shut until they have finalised a decision and it's being typeset a the gazette offices? But of course they won't because:

A. They are all too busy trying to improve their media profile and getting as many column inches and spotlight time.

B. They still haven't realised that by doing all this time and time again they are making themselves look bigger and bigger fools, not only to the Thai population (who they don't give a flying <deleted> about) but also to the rest of the world and therefore are losing what few tourists may have been considering coming here.

For a country so set on attracting rich and "quality" tourists here they really do go out of their way to make the country less appealing as each day goes by.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

They're sequencing genomes from people arriving from every country - when a new one is found it will be attributed to the country where it came from.

Well that's not permitted! It's bigoted and xenophobic to name avariant after the place it originated.  Kind of wierd that the very people who kicked up stink and had the terms China flu, Kent variant and India variant still haven't done anything about Spanish flu or the term lesbian which is unkind to people from Lesbos. So we now have the Alpha variant (Kent variant), Beta variant (South Africa variant), Gamma variant (Brazil variant), Delt variant (India variant). I am utterly shocked that the "anti-racists" haven't kicked of about the variant from the predominantly white country being classed as Alpha ahead of the variants from countries with a high percentage of POC. ???? ????  

• Haha 1

Richard, once again you make too much sense so for sure you do not

make very good Thai politician material.  I sure do hope that Thailand

really does want tourists to return, and eventually will drop the need for some special COVID 

insurance which is just more money a tourist has to pay beyond the regular insurance

costs we pay in our own countries, to travel abroad.  Why is the Thailand pass or COE needed as well

just more nonsense from the great PM and gang.

Geezer

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

He is the last person in the world, who should be heading an important meeting, much less involved in the decision making process. His mind is a jumble of confusion, and all he thinks about is protecting the rich, the elite, those in power, the corrupt cops, and his own. He is useless to the people of Thailand. The sooner they realize the, the better. 

You continue with your daily lies, and you are at a stage where nobody in this nation, other than some of the generals and cabinet ministers take you seriously anymore. You have undermined your own credibility time and time again, with bad information, fake news, broken promises, and terrible leadership. Do you even know what the definition of leadership is? 

True leaders really are in the service of their people. True leaders act with integrity and in doing so they establish trust. True leaders genuinely value their people and in doing so they create loyalty. True leaders are in the business of assisting people to realize their full potential, and in doing so they inspire excellence. Nobody can demand respect, loyalty or trust, like you constantly do. These things have to be earned. There are no short cuts, no way to cheat the process. Great leaders have integrity and truly value their people. And you do not inspire confidence, as you have never had any follow up in your weak game, you are highly insincere, and grossly incompetent and under qualified for the job. One would think after 7 plus years you have had time to learn. That does not appear to be the case. Prayuth, you are a terrible leader. 

So, if you were a man of integrity, the man you led the nation to believe you were, when you seized power 7 long years ago, you would now say:

I know, I know, I know. I should have reacted when the outbreak happened back in December, and done the right thing by shutting down that area in Samut. 
I know, my pathological fear of the optics of a lockdown are causing many more cases than need be.
And I know, I should have been more diligent with the borders, I should have cracked down on corrupt immigration officials, and kept my promise to fight corruption, and I should have and could have done better.
Do you want me to resign now? I know what is what you are thinking. I probably should. It sure would be the right thing to do. But, doing the right thing would be so alien for me. I am not sure I even know how to do that. 

Which living and active "true leaders" would you like Prayut to emulate?

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

SHA required for one night.................

Full information just released by the @MFAThai on the three schemes for entering #Thailand from 1st November 2021.

FCOwh-nVQA4t6pD.jpg.9e093d2d7735f5f536b16a0523bd4b51.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1451197610971172868

The pink section 2nd from the bottom says Thai nationals are exempt from taking a PCR test 72 hours before travelling . Have I missed something ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karma80 said:

Of course. Medical insurance that covers covid-19. No doubt a few people won't read the small print of some policies and end up without real cover for mandatory hospitalisation for asymptomatic covid. 

Why do you think the small print is there in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Oxx said:

Is this the same United Kingdom that had 52,000 new cases yesterday, 115 deaths? By what possible criteria can the UK be considered "low risk"?

By the fact they are 80% double vaxed with good vaccines. They are unlikely to become infected and symptomatic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

The pink section 2nd from the bottom says Thai nationals are exempt from taking a PCR test 72 hours before travelling . Have I missed something ?

For going into AQ (earlier SQ/ASQ) that is the case and always has been.  Of course airlines might impose their own rules.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I can see you a bit angry, but it's time to accept Thailand being the center of the world with highly recommended experienced polititians and Scientists.

No advices needed. And no need for pesting "I know all better" farangs. ,,,,????

27 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

By the fact they are 80% double vaxed with good vaccines. They are unlikely to become infected and symptomatic.

It's amazing how many people simply ignore that very relevant detail!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

For going into AQ (earlier SQ/ASQ) that is the case and always has been.  Of course airlines might impose their own rules.

As most airlines do in the requirement for a negative PCR test before allowing boarding including Thai nationals. I see no harm in Thailand double checking that on foreign arrivals here despite it being a double standard if Thai are exempt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you advocating his leadership ability? Do you consider him to be a worthy leader? Is he an adequate leader for Thailand, at this time?

No, I am not advocating him as a leader. I asked you which current "true leader" you would wish him to emulate. You have all accross the globe to pick from.

Also, if Prayut did step down, I do not see anyone from this regime who I would be happy replacing him. 

38 minutes ago, champers said:

No, I am not advocating him as a leader. I asked you which current "true leader" you would wish him to emulate. You have all accross the globe to pick from.

Also, if Prayut did step down, I do not see anyone from this regime who I would be happy replacing him. 

Nobody from this regime is capable. The entire putrid pack of dogs needs to be exorcised from the future of the nation. Younger blood like Thanathorn would be what the nation needs to even have a hope of not becoming a desperate, poverty riddled, lower income nation 20 years from now. The downhill slide is alarming. 

Leaders from other nations? Justin Bieber. Mylie Cyrus. Popeye? The three stooges? All an improvement over Cha Cha. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The mug,couldn't win a battle against opponent's using bow and arrows,never mind running a country.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ScotlandtheBrave said:

With the UK infections at over 52,000 a day there is no way that Thailand should allow visitors, should be on the Dark Red List for now. Much as I would really like to see my friends who usually come here for the winter months the risks are too high now.

What part of having to test negative on arrival do you not understand? There is no risk, none at all.