I’m going to buy my first Apple iPad – is there any thing that I should know ?.

backstreet

Had an iPad Air 2 for about 6 years and not one problem and use it daily for hours. Apple phones you can keep as overpriced but their tablets seem to be good for the price for basic models.

If you aren’t going to really be taking it out of the house apart from if you are going on holiday then I would just get the 64gb normal ipad for around 11800bht . I don’t think there is that much of a difference from the iPad and the iPad Air on the newest model from what I remember reading apart from price.

• Like 2

Why buy the imposter Samsung (cheap Charlie) products when you can own the original?

Here is Steve Jobs introducing the iPad at one of his epic product announcement stage shows. I miss that guy.

Edited by LarrySR

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Anything you should know?.....

They are overpriced.

They are liable to break and need repairs after a few months.

But you will have the trendy apply symbol on it and be in fashion. 

I absolutely detest Apple and the cult-like fanboy frenzy they generate, but that's their choice.

Overpriced? Oh HELL YES they are!

Liable to break? No, they're just as stable as their Android counterpart.

Trendy Apple symbol? Refer to my opening sentence.

• Like 1

Consider buying the basic model, iPad.  The iPad Air is more expensive than the basic iPad and will probably meet your needs if you’re a basic user.  Check out the specs, look at the iPad and compare it to the iPad Air.  You’ll save a lot of baht!

I use the iPad and it does everything I need.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They are overpriced.

I’ve had an Ipad 3 for maybe 8 years and an Ipad 5 for 5 years….never had to repair anything.

• Like 1

Have used IPads for years. They last a long time but, yes, are pricey. Agree with all who suggest more memory for movies, other video, photos, music. Suggest a trip to macrumours,.com buyers guide to learn when the latest updates are expected. This can either get you a better price on one that is about to be replaced or advise you to wait for one with better features. In the end your choice should be dictated by how you plan to use it. I have had three different models — two still in service —  including a pro because i need a real keyboard for emails. Touch keyboard just doesn’t work for me. Also I spend hours on the treadmill watching movies to fight the boredom, hence the need for memory.   

18 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Consider buying the basic model, iPad.  The iPad Air is more expensive than the basic iPad and will probably meet your needs if you’re a basic user.  Check out the specs, look at the iPad and compare it to the iPad Air.  You’ll save a lot of baht!

I use the iPad and it does everything I need.  

I agree Tracy.

• Thanks 1

Would suggest you purchase (when available in 3/4 weeks ?) the basic but Very well reviewed iPad at ฿11,400.

Free instruction books are available on the Apple Apps store.

Also consider buying a second hand unit on Facebook if you can try first (bought one on Facebook yesterday immaculate looked unused!!)

ENJOY !!!

Have a Android tablet (7 inch ) 12 years old, still working...but..no updates.

Also have several Android tablets now,  one "game" tablet 4 / 256, one for the better half 4 / 256, one with 8 / 512 ( mine that I use every day ) with a 512 SD card and 12 inch screen, Bluetooth KB and case ( this one cost UNDER 1600bt, ). Less than 5000bt for all 3, a hell of a lot less expensive than Apple.

I go back to the Apple - Franklin war days

20 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They are overpriced.

I am on my second one in ten years never had a problem except having to replace the battery.

They are more expensive but for me good value

• Like 1

I’ve had an I Pad since 2011. Found it totally reliable, including the battery life.

Of course IOS updates were ceased, which wasn’t a problem, but in the last two years many apps do now not support the older iPads. Am now after 10 years considering replacing it with another iPad as it is now on its last legs me thinks. 

I've had an iPad since the first one was released, I think they are a fantastic product. I've never had one go wrong but they have one weakness. The only accessory I would recommend as vital is a good strong case because if you drop it (when you drop it, falling asleep on the couch and it slides to the floor.....) the glass breaks easily, a good case with reinforced corners to absorb the shock when your Baht19000 iPad hits the concrete. Its well worth the money.

Don't waste your money. You will be locked in forever to Apples monopolistic policies.

A mid to top end Android will, these days, do everything an iPad can do, and more, for a lot less outlay and on-costs.

I have a Huawei pad, which is superb, and an iPad mini, which is only ok. Apple service is slow and expensive (batteries, etc.,), Huawei,  in Pattaya at least, is quick and cheap.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They are overpriced.

Absolutely rubbish.  I have had mine for over 17 years and whilst now a little bit dated, she does everything I ask of it.  Would strongly recommend it from long time experience.

You are a car geek and like to service them yourself. You buy this lovely vehicle that everyone raves about.  When you come home you find out hat the bonnet has been welded. No modifications and service only where you bought it and at a hight price.

Don't!

Apple have a long history of anti competitive behavior with built in obsolescence. They make their devices difficult and sometimes impossible to repair. Under the guise of security they make updating and upgrading v v difficult forcing you to purchase a replacement when you shouldn't need one. The Apple Store prises money out of you at every visit.

Stick with an android tablet or even better an android laptop. You won't be sorry!