Import

overherebc

I really am asking for a friend who is talking about bringing his car from Australia.

I thought they had stopped all import of personal cars to here. Sure I read it on here somewhere. I've told him even if he could do the import duties would probably be more than the value of the car.

Anyone can confirm or deny?

Thanks.

Edited by overherebc

Even for brand new cars.... there's nothing of value from Australia worth importing now, maybe once they start converting those American muscle cars to RHD in Australia, and if they manage to get the operation there to not be considered American origin to get through the Thai-Australia FTA, there might be a market for 20-30 cars a year 

8 hours ago, digbeth said:

Even for brand new cars.... there's nothing of value from Australia worth importing now, maybe once they start converting those American muscle cars to RHD in Australia, and if they manage to get the operation there to not be considered American origin to get through the Thai-Australia FTA, there might be a market for 20-30 cars a year 

Only the really rich can afford to buy a new import as the import tax on a new car not assembled in Thailand is around 300%. That is why a new Camaro or Mustang here is over 3 million baht..............waste of money.

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/ford-mustang-ecoboost-high-performance-bangkok-metropolitan-nonthaburi-rattanathibet/7402072