Thailand Pass starts Nov 1, refunds on COE bookings allowed

webfact

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

…..and the likes of Barrow who loves to be first with the bad news, which others then copy and before you know where you are everyone is making up their own rules again. 

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/61226

It was CAAT themselves who first shared it and as for Barrow, you'll find by far the majority of his tweets and shares are promoting Thailand, its culture and places to visit. Plenty of evidence to back that up, just look at his timeline

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

ok i arrive nov 4.  do i have enuf time to get the thailand pass.  has any one studyed the thailand pass.  maybe its just a computer program and if you fill in the fields correctly it pops out  green  light . and i get the pass?   makes no sense if one is arriving on nov 2, 3 , 4,  5,  6 , ,7.............that they have not the time to get the thailand pass so their will be no arrivals on nov 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

ok i arrive nov 4.  do i have enuf time to get the thailand pass.  has any one studyed the thailand pass.  maybe its just a computer program and if you fill in the fields correctly it pops out  green  light . and i get the pass?   makes no sense if one is arriving on nov 2, 3 , 4,  5,  6 , ,7.............that they have not the time to get the thailand pass so their will be no arrivals on nov 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7?

ok i arrive nov 4.  do i have enuf time to get the thailand pass.....No you need at least 7 days. and the TP won't be ready until nov 1st according to all reports.

has any one studyed the thailand pass.  maybe its just a computer program and if you fill in the fields correctly it pops out  green  light . and i get the pass?, It doesn't exist yet and i doubt anything will pop out lol!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bvor said:

i'm in perth australia waiting for clarity from TIT and oz.  australia is ineligible to access online evisa's and i'm loathe to post my passport to canberra embassy for TR60 visa so it looks like visa exempt for me, but only when oz borderforce allows me international travel AND when i don't have to do 14 days hotel quarantine on my return to perth - what a debacle! 

Permission to leave Australia is relaxing quickly.

Eastern states have cancelled 14 D Quar., for many arrivals.

WA seems to be quite hesitant. Give them time.

• Confused 1

FACT CHECK: The recent infographic posted by CAAT that stated foreign travellers must take out insurance from a Thai company is incorrect. The spokesperson at the @MFAThai  has confirmed, “travellers are not required to purchase health insurance from a Thai insurance provider”.

FCbzzIoVkAQprLx.jpg.abf91ee744d2d0efda6b59e1acc26b6a.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1452115995842146311

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a buddy in the Los Angeles area submit the last document for his COE 2 days ago, he is arriving Nov 11th into the Phuket sandbox.  He woke up this morning to a rejection saying that he is lucky to be one of the 1st to use the Thailand Pass system when it becomes operational.  He's <deleted> obviously.  He's lived in Thailand long enough to know how anything technical is not the Thai gov's forte.  I though you had up to Nov 1st to finish out COE's in process.  Anybody else hear of not finishing COE's at this time?  Thanks in advance.

Have a buddy in the Los Angeles area submit the last document for his COE 2 days ago, he is arriving Nov 11th into the Phuket sandbox.  He woke up this morning to a rejection saying that he is lucky to be one of the 1st to use the Thailand Pass system when it becomes operational.  He's <deleted> obviously after all that work.  He's lived in Thailand long enough to know how anything technical is not the Thai gov's forte and rapidly rolled out programs almost never work as intended at first.  I though you had up to Nov 1st to finish out COE's in process.  Anybody else hear of not finishing COE's at this time?  Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Have a buddy in the Los Angeles area submit the last document for his COE 2 days ago, he is arriving Nov 11th into the Phuket sandbox.  He woke up this morning to a rejection saying that he is lucky to be one of the 1st to use the Thailand Pass system when it becomes operational.  He's <deleted> obviously.  He's lived in Thailand long enough to know how anything technical is not the Thai gov's forte.  I though you had up to Nov 1st to finish out COE's in process.  Anybody else hear of not finishing COE's at this time?  Thanks in advance.

From the embassy website:

From 1 November 2021, website https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ will no longer provide services on issuing Certificate of Entry - COE
From 1 November 2021 onwards, please register for Thailand Pass online at https://tp.consular.go.th/ Thailand Pass QR Code would be issued for the applicant to present to Airlines and Thai Border Control Officials.
• COE approved before 1 November 2021 remains valid to enter Thailand. Please contact your hotel directly to get the refund.

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the embassies will still be approving COE applications right up to Nov 1st.

Edited by fusion58

4 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

From the embassy website:

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the embassies will still be approving COE applications right up to Nov 1st.

Well they better get the damned thing up and running now ......

image.png.94cf9e078b34dd850950404f8901a790.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

FACT CHECK: The recent infographic posted by CAAT that stated foreign travellers must take out insurance from a Thai company is incorrect. The spokesperson at the @MFAThai  has confirmed, “travellers are not required to purchase health insurance from a Thai insurance provider”.

The Thai government has an Anti-Fake News Center that is quite prolific when they see perceived fake news in the media. But they also really need to focus on information coming out of government departments. It must be clear and factual. Why do we have to fact check it ourselves?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1452120130524102660

• Like 1

4 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

what happens if your 72 hour before flight covid test comes up positive and you cannot fly? Will airlines let you rebook or is it covered by insurance?

That depends on the airline and the ticket you have booked. With Emirates, for example, every rebooking is free and on top you also have Corvit insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I bought a $100,000 Covid insurance from Luma, 3100 baht and booked 7 days at SHAplus Berkeley in BKK from 13 November. Flying from Calcutta 

• Like 1

Just found this:

"The 1-night package of Test & Go program should cover accommodation for 1 night, transportation from the airport to the hotel, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK)."

Just wondering when/how/who is expected to administer the Antigen Test Kit (ATK)?

And does someone have to report the result to the authorities?

Please share your understanding, thanks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just wondering when/how/who is expected to administer the Antigen Test Kit (ATK)?

And does someone have to report the result to the authorities?

• Any traveller experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

2nd bullet, point 9: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:22 PM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Have a look at this head smacker from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand. It mentions in column 2, item 3. Certificate of Entry. Hasn't someone told the CAAT that Thailand Pass replaces the COE? Posted by Richard Barrow in the last couple of hours.  Un-bloody-believable.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1451885689490972672?s=20

FCYiVY6UUAQAf1k.jpeg

On 10/23/2021 at 11:35 PM, Salerno said:

They don't, they just publish misleading graphics.

On 10/23/2021 at 11:39 PM, Kadilo said:

…..and the likes of Barrow who loves to be first with the bad news, which others then copy and before you know where you are everyone is making up their own rules again. 

On 10/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, Bkk Brian said:

https://www.caat.or.th/th/archives/61226

It was CAAT themselves who first shared it and as for Barrow, you'll find by far the majority of his tweets and shares are promoting Thailand, its culture and places to visit. Plenty of evidence to back that up, just look at his timeline

On 10/24/2021 at 10:36 AM, Bkk Brian said:

And when Barrow pointed out the mistake in his "FACT CHECK" tweet, he was castigated by the deputy editor of the paper that cannot be mentioned, for being "Mr Perfect". Because Lord knows, it's waaay beyond the responsibility of a journalist to get the facts right in any story they publish, and when they are challenged on the veracity, it's the fault of the person pointing out the error. The "Fake News" centre clearly a very powerful and useful organ.../s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Salerno said:
  • Any traveller experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (bot detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.

2nd bullet, point 9: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Looks like they have changed the pages announcement as of today for the Thailand Pass.  The MorChana App however does not have the added section I saw yesterday, instead the MorProm app does have an ATK location for entering Info, but it's states "only for service units participating in the project. So I wonder whats going on, and if only the SHA+ or AQ locations can enter the info. 

image.png.72b5fb0c3f8642cea494cd536506e368.png

Screenshot_20211026-121834.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

So everyone onboard flies at the risk of being next to an untested Thai...ridiculous

So, according to this embassy release, when I fly into #Thailand next week, there could be some Thais onboard who weren’t tested first. Why do I have to do an RT-PCR test within 72 hours of flying, while some groups of Thais can board the plane without being tested? Scary.

FCmfp33VUAE-7lR.jpg.3c6263f9cac505ea043d3d2d820df362.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1452867908997042178

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

So everyone onboard flies at the risk of being next to an untested Thai...ridiculous

So, according to this embassy release, when I fly into #Thailand next week, there could be some Thais onboard who weren’t tested first. Why do I have to do an RT-PCR test within 72 hours of flying, while some groups of Thais can board the plane without being tested? Scary.

FCmfp33VUAE-7lR.jpg.3c6263f9cac505ea043d3d2d820df362.jpg

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1452867908997042178

I guess it comes down to a right of return and unlike in the past they get quarantined at their own expenses now.  However, you are right to question such a disparity, especially in light of the flight regulations within the country.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

As it has been since day one.

Yes I'm aware but its not an ideal situation being on a longhaul flight with untested people no matter what nationality, just because their country allows it. Just adds to the overall unpleasant experience and has the potential to cause infection to others who are coming here on holiday or returning.

• Like 2

Dear @ThaiAirways do you insist on every passenger, regardless of nationality, producing a negative RT-PCR test before the flight? I will be flying from London to Bangkok next week and I would like to be assured of my safety. Yours sincerely. A worried passenger. #Thailand

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1452872269496086530

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, gearbox said:

That depends also on the airline you are flying with. Etihad requires that all travellers have a negative PCR test,  it doesn't matter whether the destination requires it or not.

Yes, I believe it is only for Thai Airways as most airlines insist on a negative test. Thai Airways is the one he is flying on from London to Thailand and hence the concern.

Edited by Bkk Brian