Thailand Pass starts Nov 1, refunds on COE bookings allowed

webfact

9 minutes ago, Heng said:

Travel now is for those who are flexible and can handle the unexpected.  It's like (as I imagine anyway) the old days when your Pan Am flying boat might be grounded for a week because of a passing typhoon.   I think Covid just adds spice to the adventure.      

So that excludes all families with children, people with underlying diseases and the elderly, those who have jobs and little flexibility on dates. I guess thats why 80% of the landing spots in Thailand have been cancelled by the airlines next year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So that excludes all families with children, people with underlying diseases and the elderly, those who have jobs and little flexibility on dates. I guess thats why 80% of the landing spots in Thailand have been cancelled by the airlines next year.

Makes sense as to what you wrote,  and then why we may not see but 1/4 of the arrivals they expect.  The other issue is in regards to 100 M Thb they want to waste and spend for their New Years celebrations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I wouldn't say it excludes all people in those categories as you can have children, underlying diseases, be a senior citizen and still be flexible.  And yes, of course those who are able to adapt to the current hurdles and challenges of covid travel are going to be in the minority.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Heng said:

I wouldn't say it excludes all people in those categories as you can have children, underlying diseases, be a senior citizen and still be flexible.  And yes, of course those who are able to adapt to the current hurdles and challenges of covid travel are going to be in the minority.  

Not just about flexibility though is it. Still, add spice for you, perhaps not for others

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not just about flexibility though is it. Still, add spice for you, perhaps not for others

Naturally everyone will have to make their own choices as to whether they have what it takes to complete any journey.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Heng said:

Naturally everyone will have to make their own choices as to whether they have what it takes to complete any journey.  

Exactly and as I said thats why 80% of flight slots in thailand have been cancelled by airlines

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236628-international-airlines-return-80-of-their-airport-slots-in-thailand-for-the-next-five-months/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 3:25 PM, grumbleweed said:

A refund will only be granted when Venus, the moon, and the teapot on the kitchen table are perfectly aligned

Nothing like exaggeration to the point of nonsense.

I didn't have a problem getting a refund on my quarantine hotel, just half of what it should have been.

There has been very little said regarding those that may have been caught in the 15 days to 10/7 day reduction so difficult to pass judgement on refunds.

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly and as I said thats why 80% of flight slots in thailand have been cancelled by airlines

https://aseannow.com/topic/1236628-international-airlines-return-80-of-their-airport-slots-in-thailand-for-the-next-five-months/

Naturally.  Similar to the cruise industry worldwide.   On the plus side, shorter lines, fewer crowds, and nature is recovering everywhere.

1 minute ago, Heng said:

Naturally.  Similar to the cruise industry worldwide.   On the plus side, shorter lines, fewer crowds, and nature is recovering everywhere.

Oh yea shorter lines, adds spice, fewer crowds, great, you have what it takes, congratulations, unlike you the majority of people don't otherwise the airlines would not have cancelled all those slots. 

• Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, tomacht8 said:

I'm flying on November 1st with my approved COE. Costs:

7 days SHA + Hotel: 15,000 Baht

2 PCR test in Phuket: 5200 Baht

1 PCR test before departure: 2500 Baht

Corvit insurance for 6 months: 5300 Baht

Hotel transfer: 1000 Baht

Total: 29,000 Baht around 760 euros. Those who can wait 1-2 weeks can save half or more with the new regulation.

After having a look at the new "Test & Go" procedures I decided to stick with the Phuket Sandbox,  as I want to stay in Phuket for at least 7 days anyway. The new rules look vague and except Bangkok the 1 night packages are not out yet. The extra cost for me is 1 extra PCR test, but when I had a look at the Bangkok hotel prices they were inflated almost to the cost of it.

The SHA+ hotels in Phuket start from 400-500 baht pn,  there are quite a few 4 star hotels priced below 1k pn.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Wrong:

They only waste 50,000. The other 99,950.000 will be handed over to the leaders who will wisely invest the money (privately).

Come on, not possible to arrange things like this without an expensive agent, that's how it works (in Thailand) ... 

And never mind that there's many millions of Thai folks, with kids, who lost their jobs a year ago and struggle to feed their children ... 

Edited by scorecard

Still, in Bangkok, no other hotels than AQ hotel are in the programme.

I have only seen Swissotel in Ratchada and Berkley in Pratunam, which are SHA +

They struck a very profitable deal, AQ hotel managers...They charge now at least 3000 - 4000 THB per night and, provided that more tourists/thai citizens will come, they will have higher occupancy than under the Sandbox/Quarantine hotels.

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I see it that way too. For me, planning security is more important than the stress of not knowing clearly whether I can fly and when. But in both systems (COE or Thai Pass) there are additional costs and a great bureaucratic effort that discourages travelers. For example, if I want to travel in Europe, I book my flight and hotel. Then enter my travel details in an app and get my QR code immediately. That’s it.

No PCR tests, no extra health insurance. I don't have to wait for an extra Shq + confirmation from the hotel, I don't have to wait for confirmation from the insurance company that I have paid, I don't have to book my 2 PCR tests in advance and wait for the payment to be confirmed,

I don't have to wait 3 days for confirmation from the embassy, I don't have to download any tracking apps, and no duplicate forms fill in (T8 and T6). And the risk, if there is a C19 positive test, that you will then be forcibly deported for 14 days to a hospital without symptoms like a leper is far exaggerated. 

Many who are currently flying to Thailand have families or businesses and already have a permanent address in Thailand. That they are then forced into a hotel, even for just one day, is not itself dramatic, but Thailand is burdening itself with an unnecessary organizational Herculean task. There is no longer a healthy relationship between effort and benefit. And such regulations are absolutely unsuitable for dealing with large masses of tourists.

And been confirmed by most reasoned folks - the tourists and traveler types won't bother with the current designed bureaucracy in place.....even in this new modified form. And the Thai authorities continue on not getting it - if they ever will. 

Aside from their usual vacant logic, all of these measures [past and present] shouldn't apply to long time foreign residents with business and familial associations.

• Like 2

FWIW…

UPDATE: COE / THAILAND PASS 

The TP website has reconfirmed it will indeed be online on November 1st.

The MFA has posted an update today allowing those who have obtained COE pre-approval to be able to obtain final approval until November 7th. 

SUMMARY: Apply ASAP for COE pre-approval if you are arriving on the first week of Nov.

You can view additional information here: https://AQ.in.th/TP

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

FWIW…

UPDATE: COE / THAILAND PASS 

The TP website has reconfirmed it will indeed be online on November 1st.

The MFA has posted an update today allowing those who have obtained COE pre-approval to be able to obtain final approval until November 7th. 

SUMMARY: Apply ASAP for COE pre-approval if you are arriving on the first week of Nov.

You can view additional information here: https://AQ.in.th/TP

Many thanks. Just did a test COE application. The COE does indeed have the quarantine exemption added to the dropdown menu on the first page of the COE app. It reads: Exemption from quarantine or 7-10-day quarantine.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 9:13 AM, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Many thanks. Just did a test COE application. The COE does indeed have the quarantine exemption added to the dropdown menu on the first page of the COE app. It reads: Exemption from quarantine or 7-10-day quarantine.

Thanks - had I not read your post, I wouldn't have known this. Was able to print an amended version of my COE.

• Like 1