Thailand Pass starts Nov 1, refunds on COE bookings allowed

webfact

screenshot_15527.jpg

The Thailand Pass website will launch on Nov 1. Screenshot: Thailand Pass / Ministry of Foreign Affairs

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The ‘Thailand Pass’ system that will replace the Certificates of Entry (COE) required to enter Thailand will open for registration from Nov 1, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced.

“Those wishing to travel to Thailand who are scheduled to arrive in Thailand from 2 Nov 2021 onwards, can register in the Thailand Pass online system to travel to Thailand at https://tp.consular.go.th/ “, said an announcement posted last night on the “Phuket COVID-19 & Phuket Sandbox (Official Phuket information Center)” official Facebook page, operated by the Phuket office of the Ministry of Interior.

“Those registered in the new system will receive a Thailand Pass QR Code to display to the airline and screening officers at the immigration checkpoint,” the announcement read.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/thailand-pass-starts-nov-1-refunds-on-coe-bookings-allowed-81788.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-10-23

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sandboxer said:

So do we still have to go to https://thaievisa.go.th/  to get the visa approved online (this is how it is done if coming from South Korea) visa or will TP replace this???

Embassy here won't reply to any inquiries nor answer phone, and website of course outdated...

i'm in perth australia waiting for clarity from TIT and oz.  australia is ineligible to access online evisa's and i'm loathe to post my passport to canberra embassy for TR60 visa so it looks like visa exempt for me, but only when oz borderforce allows me international travel AND when i don't have to do 14 days hotel quarantine on my return to perth - what a debacle! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bvor said:

i'm in perth australia waiting for clarity from TIT and oz.  australia is ineligible to access online evisa's and i'm loathe to post my passport to canberra embassy for TR60 visa so it looks like visa exempt for me, but only when oz borderforce allows me international travel AND when i don't have to do 14 days hotel quarantine on my return to perth - what a debacle! 

You are encased in bubble wrap over there, I cannot see you going anywhere just yet, you can apply for TR visa with sydney embassy online, but after approval you still need to post your passport for the stamp, give that 2 weeks with xpress post, the delay is not their fault it is ozpost.

it will be very difficult to register on the 1st and arrive already on the 2nd. Even if you are already packed, ready to travel, there is a need for pcr test (usually results in 24h - I would not dare journey with unknown yet results) and travel itself takes on average 25h from leaving home to arrival, with most flights through transit airports (very few direct flights from europe, bar unreliable thai airways) 

They have mentioned earlier registering is expected to be 3-5 days time frame. Registrants should not apply more than 7 days in advance.

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Polaky said:

You are encased in bubble wrap over there, I cannot see you going anywhere just yet, you can apply for TR visa with sydney embassy online, but after approval you still need to post your passport for the stamp, give that 2 weeks with xpress post, the delay is not their fault it is ozpost.

i've been stuck here for 20 months now so another few months i can do (GRRR!) . i'm more worried about ozpost losing my passport than the 2 weeks. i wonder why oz is not eligible for evisa.   

4 hours ago, Bvor said:

Remember.. The visa has nothing to do with the thailand pass.. What visa you have is your own decision. Most people can travel for example on exemption stamp which is technically not a visa.. That doesnt matter.. But you need to pre register online to get the qr code like in many other countries.. USA for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Have a look at this head smacker from the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand. It mentions in column 2, item 3. Certificate of Entry. Hasn't someone told the CAAT that Thailand Pass replaces the COE? Posted by Richard Barrow in the last couple of hours.  Un-bloody-believable.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1451885689490972672?s=20

FCYiVY6UUAQAf1k.jpeg

You beat me to it.

Also getting the bus to your hotel.

It was reported you could stay anywhere within a 2 hour radius, like Pattaya.

Are you free to book a taxi from the airport?

Note the body temperature checker as the first step and what happens if your test comes back positive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

You beat me to it.

Also getting the bus to your hotel.

It was reported you could stay anywhere within a 2 hour radius, like Pattaya.

Are you free to book a taxi from the airport?

Note the body temperature checker as the first step and what happens if your test comes back positive.

Hopefully, by early next week, the various ministries sing from the same song sheet. So frustrating and so little time left since I want to return in the first week of November.

As I and others have found out, the COE application asks the applicant to choose either doing full quarantine or the Sandbox program. Nothing about quarantine exemption in the dropdown menu. So we can't even fill it out. And the COE is supposed to expire Nov., 1 except for those who are already approved.

Wake up CAAT!

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Okay, I pushed back my flight date to November 10. Let’s hope that’s enough time for the Thailand Pass system to be operational.

Yeah, I'm now thinking the same thing. The more pronouncements from the competing ministries, the muddier things get. Rhetorical question: How is it the aviation authority decides what the requirements are for foreigners? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Yeah, I'm now thinking the same thing. The more pronouncements from the competing ministries, the muddier things get. Rhetorical question: How is it the aviation authority decides what the requirements are for foreigners? 

You mean the staff at check in at the departure airport ? They are probably confused as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

They don't, they just publish misleading graphics.

…..and the likes of Barrow who loves to be first with the bad news, which others then copy and before you know where you are everyone is making up their own rules again. 

• Like 1

I'm flying on November 1st with my approved COE. Costs:

7 days SHA + Hotel: 15,000 Baht

2 PCR test in Phuket: 5200 Baht

1 PCR test before departure: 2500 Baht

Corvit insurance for 6 months: 5300 Baht

Hotel transfer: 1000 Baht

Total: 29,000 Baht around 760 euros. Those who can wait 1-2 weeks can save half or more with the new regulation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a few days ago another website mentioned that the Thailand pass was available at 2nd of November and the CoE was not available anymore.....So 1 st of November opening and the website opens 2nd November ?? will be  a very quiet week I think

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-pass-website-launching-accepted-from-november-2

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Me, too. Pushing my flight to the end of November due to such a high level of confusion and nonsense.