US Imported Tens of Millions of Used Medical Gloves From Thailand, Reports Say

webfact

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

personally being an American i can say i have had my day in court and successfully won all claims agains large corporations in the States and the U.S. government.  try that in Thailand., lol

The other thing to take note of is the consumer affairs offices of many businesses. Get something off the grocery shelves that turns out spoiled or no good? Call the 1-800 number and you will get several times over what you paid in coupons for free replacement items. Bigger problems? Class action lawsuits occur all the time. Insurance and bank regulators mean when one of them goes under you don't lose your money. Many solid consumer protections in the US. The critics, however, do have a point: things are getting worse and the system is crumbling. 

1 hour ago, malibukid said:

personally being an American i can say i have had my day in court and successfully won all claims agains large corporations in the States and the U.S. government.  try that in Thailand., lol

Thats great BUT did you actually  get money out  of them, you can win in the UK  courts  but  never receieve  a penny  back form the other  party

Lesson one when Internationally trading , always do your due diligence . I visited one of those mentioned in the report for a potential customer as I was on the ground in Thailand and know how things work when millions of dollars are on offer and demand is critical. The company I visited were clearly fraudulent although they had set up a good front including offices , staff , advertising etc etc... ISO Certificates "copied" from authentic glove manufacturers but unauthorised , CE letters copied , fda logo falsely applied , all of which was easy for me to discover etc.  Run by a very senior ex Thai forces member with clear links in high places  .  I am at a loss as to why people would commit millions of dollars without doing any work to validate and verify what and who they are dealing with. Buyer beware ... if the US guy wants to send me a million dollars I'll supply him nothing at all and will never answer his calls and messages but I am real and will spend it wisely. There are reputable global sourcing businesses out there who will carry out due diligence on the ground and pre inspections before shipping to ensure buyers get what they want ... for a few quid it would save potentially millions for you. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

While many of these gloves have been found their way to the US how many were also sold on the local market? I bought a box via Lazada that seemed to be very cheap at the time. I have never used them apart from a few to test them which was a failure because they tore as they stretched.

At the time I concluded I had been suckered into buying very old perished  stock which accounted for the failure.

Now I have a different conclusion to consider. The box full still sits under the kitchen sink. I wonder if I can still qualify for a refund ? lol

Have you ever considered exporting them to the US ?

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2021 at 5:02 AM, bradiston said:

I wonder how this people kidnapped the Taiwanese and than released him ? ???????????????????????? and he went straight  to Police obviously  . Did they show their faces to him ??? And released him ??? ????????????

9 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

The US company should have not trusted this business deal. Should have randomly checked/inspected boxes at the dock in Thailand b/f departure...

You just don't trust business partners in Asia whomever they are....

That's probably what the kidnap for ransom was all about - to recoup the $3m lost in this scam, but we know how that backfired

On 10/25/2021 at 1:06 PM, malibukid said:

I bet you're not from Flint

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

The video reportage on CNN is well worth watching.

Tens of millions of filthy, used medical gloves imported into the US

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/health/medical-gloves-us-thailand-investigation-cmd-intl/index.html

THX for posting, very interesting !

• Like 1