Non B extension to Non O retirement extension working to end of Non B.

I would like to know how to change my current Non B extension (ends March 22nd 2022) to a Non O retirement extension that will allow me to work up to the last day, March 22nd 2022. I am currently working in Pathumthani and want to retire in Korat. Pathumthani immigration stated that I could go to Korat immigration 45 days or less and apply for the extension but I keep reading from others that I have to cancel my work permit and Non B extension before applying. I am lost. 

Edited by Nawanakorn1
for clarification

Your current extension of stay based upon working has to be canceled before you change the reason for your extension to one based upon retirement.

You will still have your original non-b visa entry since a non immigrant visa categories cannot be changed while in the country.

43 minutes ago, Nawanakorn1 said:

So, I will have to leave Thailand and come back on a tourist visa? Or is there any other way to handle this? I just checked and my original visa of entry is a tourist visa.  Does that matter?

i did not write you had to leave the country. 

Apparently you entered the country and changed it to a non-b visa. That will not be a problem to change the reason for your extension.

As I wrote you will need to cancel your current extension of stay (jt is not visa) before you can apply for your new extension based upon retirement.

Your work permit can be canceled just before you cancel your extension at the immigration office that issued it. You will need a termination letter to cancel it. If you gon to immigration before the date on the termination letter they will post date the cancelation to the date on the letter to give your more time to apply for your new extension.