Teen shot during Bangkok protests in August dies

webfact

2921F892-90A8-48A5-AA0E-5ECBEA0A9917.jpg

The 15-year-old boy, shot during an anti-government protest by hardcore “Talugas” anti-establishment protesters at Bangkok’s Din Daeng intersection on the night of August 16th, has died after two and a half months in the ICU of at Rajavithi Hospital.

The boy died in the early hours of yesterday (Thursday) and his body was moved to nearby Ramathibodi Hospital for an autopsy, before being handed over to his family and taken to a Buddhist temple in Samut Prakan’s Muang district for thefuneral.

According to the police, the bullet was lodged in the spine of the victim, his brain was swollen due to lack of oxygen and he was in coma.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/teen-shot-during-bangkok-protests-in-august-dies/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

detailed article from an independent source

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9521

one akapit is interesting:

"Pol Maj Gen Chavalit noted that a video clip, filmed from inside an apartment building in the alley next to Din Daeng Police Station, shows a group of men walking out of the alley and repeated fire guns toward the alley entrance. At least 15 shots, in all likelihood coming from two guns, were heard on the video clip. The footage also shows that the group of men subsequently remained in front of Din Daeng Police Station."

today's vigil outside police station (where he and his friend were shot), was dispersed, with 2 arrests.

2 hours ago, thaicookingchef said:

and what about the cop who was shot ?

is the ball in the middle now ?

that were royalist paramilitaries, associated with police, but police denying accusation.

However, in order to cover their backs, police were able to identify this group and made arrests.

As to police officer shot at apartment block at 1 am - some 14 year kid, resident, was arrested and looks like forced to confess. He was denied legal aid before interrogation. That shooting happen when police entered estate in the middle of nigh and searched from door to door without legal right.  

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

thaicookingchef - I see you used the Laughing emoticon for the OP.

What aspect of the boy being shot and ultimately dying did you find "Ha ha"?

I think you can use @ to tag someone by username in your comment: @JimmyJ, that way they should get a notification.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Very little effort seems to have been made to find the murderer and he/she still roams free to kill again.  ????

RIP Young 'un.

They have a 28 yr in custody and STILL looking at the bullet they removed, no details seem to have be given on the forensics of that yet, we can only wonder why.

• Like 2

since thursday, when autopsy was conducted, not any official reports about bullet.

That is intriguing.

Police has found gun.

There were 10 bullet holes on the wall opposite police station. Probably they retrieved those bullets from the wall and collected bullet shells from the road (there were some 10-15 shots).

So the story goes back to the original one - police has shoot them.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/teen-shot-in-head-at-bangkok-police-station-dies-after-two-months-in-coma

• Like 2

increasingly looks like police shooters.

Vigil for the murdered ends up with death threats and torture

"Then he and another protester were taken inside the police station where he was subjected to beatings in an effort to obtain information that he said he did not know. The police reportedly told him that if he died during the beatings, they would make his death look like an accident. 

"A police officer senior to the others said 'Let me have him. I want this one.' Then he started the beating, asking me if I knew the shooter. I said I didn’t but he kept on hitting me.”

"They beat me a lot. They kicked me.  They punched me. They smacked my head into a wooden chair. They use a baton on to hit the ribs on my right  side. Then, they choked me to get my phone password... I told them but it was wrong.  I couldn’t remember. They squeezed my neck so hard that I almost fainted."

https://prachatai.com/english/node/9533

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1