Mother and five-year-old daughter riding on motorbike nearly hung after running into loose hanging wire in Chonburi

snoop1130

VdiHWulH-768119-768x428-1-696x388.jpg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

A mother and her five -year-old daughter riding on a motorbike have sustained several injuries after they became entangled by hanging wires and fell off a motorbike in the Ko Chan district.

The Ko Chan Police were notified of the accident in the Tha Boonmee sub-district at about noon yesterday, October 28th. Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged motorbike lying on the road.

Two injured people were found by rescue workers, Ms. Chalanda Pimhong, 28, and her five-year-old daughter. The girl had wounds from a loose wire that had wrapped around her neck. Chalanda had broken her arm. They were taken to a local hospital, although Chalanda spoke to the press as she was calm and cognizant despite her wounds.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/29/mother-and-five-year-old-daughter-riding-on-motorbike-nearly-hung-after-running-into-loose-hanging-wire-in-chonburi/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 4

Guys work on the cables and leave old ones behind.... when my coax internet cable was upgraded to fibre optic of course the old one got left up there. Tell the techs to remove them and take them away. 

How about someone following the workers checking for low hanging cables...

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Happens so often; garrotted by loose wires that should frankly be underground. Dreadful. 

The irony is, this is of course an effort underway..... and in the meantime we will get people falling into holes dug into the pavement!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It will not happen but she should sue PEA of ignorance and not checking "finished" work. Even if you call them to warn about such wires = nothing happens (at least in Pattaya). 

The only thing you can see in their office on the forth floor (where I filed my loud verbal complaint) was half-finished bowl on piles of paperwork while others were preparing for a mid-afternoon snack at 3.15pm. 

As long as nobody keeps this or subsequent governments responsible for their activities under all those ministries by the people who voted them into office in the first place ............

A failed state by failed voters who simply never cared and still do not care - how sad! 

6 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

A failed state by failed voters who simply never cared and still do not care - how sad! 

Yes, and what a bright future Thailand has.  Yet, still perfectly fine to invest in business and property here.  ????  

On 10/30/2021 at 10:57 AM, Sydebolle said:

It will not happen but she should sue PEA of ignorance and not checking "finished" work. Even if you call them to warn about such wires = nothing happens (at least in Pattaya). 

The only thing you can see in their office on the forth floor (where I filed my loud verbal complaint) was half-finished bowl on piles of paperwork while others were preparing for a mid-afternoon snack at 3.15pm. 

As long as nobody keeps this or subsequent governments responsible for their activities under all those ministries by the people who voted them into office in the first place ............

The poor voters stood no chance, look what happened to Future Forward party - disbanded by a government sh!te scared of them, a Prime Minister who wasn't involved in a political party but was still voted in by 250 hand picked senators purely and simply cos it's a cushy job for a bored general or admiral etc etc, please get your facts right, the people care and want rid of them, my mrs was ranting this morning about what a bunch of goons they are and wants to see the back of them, along with millions of others.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

my mrs was ranting this morning about what a bunch of goons they are and wants to see the back of them, along with millions of others.

When covid is finished, I can see a return to large protests, and possibly violence, but unfortunately, I don't see democracy in Thailand's immediate future.  

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, jacko45k said:

The irony is, this is of course an effort underway..... and in the meantime we will get people falling into holes dug into the pavement!

I was in town yesterday......the pavement work in front of Big-CX looks to be close to finishing.....and yet, the work on the other side of Klang, which has been making the shop owner's lives over there a misery for months, is still stalled. We can see who has the clout... or paid the piper. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

The poor voters stood no chance, look what happened to Future Forward party - disbanded by a government sh!te scared of them, a Prime Minister who wasn't involved in a political party but was still voted in by 250 hand picked senators purely and simply cos it's a cushy job for a bored general or admiral etc etc, please get your facts right, the people care and want rid of them, my mrs was ranting this morning about what a bunch of goons they are and wants to see the back of them, along with millions of others.

Your input is spot on but:
- if 6+ million voters are being derived of their votes by declaring the chosen party disbanded ......... 
- if overseas Thais get their ballot box flown into Bangkok but nobody picked up the diplomatic pouch on Saturday afternoon but only Monday morning and therefore those votes were declared "too late"
- if, if, if
THEN one would expect that a (one digit) percentage of voters should stand up and fight for their rights. You can put down an uprising of 5, 50, 500 or 5000 people but once the clowns face 50,000 or half a million (which is still less than 10% of all those voters who got shortchanged with their votes) .............

All changes will have to happen from within and we can only hope that Thailand will finish the bumpy ride to true democracy with as little bloodshed as possible - in the distant future to come. This requires education which is a joke in this country and that will backfire big time over the next two generations when Thais will wake up and realize that they've been overtaken by more educated states. The present Thailand is a failed state with disintegrating "rules, laws and regulations" hindered by ridiculous social values which should have been abandoned a century ago already! 

• Like 1