Any thoughts on this CoE situation ?

Help ! My CoE was submitted 12 days ago and I received 'pre-approval' about a week ago. After a couple of quick queries from the Embassy, I re-submitted the ASQ details and I now presume it's OK.  I fly on Nov 4th, or not ! When I check progress I'm told, 'waiting for approval. Your application is under consideration.

IF I don't hear today I intend to turn up at the London Embassy 8am for 9am on Monday and see if I can get the CoE pushed through.

When I try to ring the Embassy, even bang on opening time - there's 20 plus in the queue - last time I held on for 2 hours and gave up.

Any thoughts Guys ?

Edited by TorquayFan
adding a point

Just now, TorquayFan said:

Well done Lavezzi - moving on, any thoughts Guys ?

No thoughts, I'm same situation as you, waiting for UK consular to issue COE. Can't get through on phone,  I'm due to fly out on the 4th Nov as well. So it could be right that they issue 48hrs before

I think it would be a waste of time and effort going to the embassy. It is still almost locked down and appointments are mandatory for what few services they provide 

Have you tried emailing them about the COE?

I think you will get the COE early next week in plenty of time to board you flight.

• Like 1

Thanks Ubonjoe - most helpful on several counts ! And I'm very happy to say you were right in saying - "I think you will get the COE early next week in plenty of time to board you flight."

Happily my torment was ended with a 'CoE' approval 23.55 last night !

Uakari - I wish you similar - I'm on Finnair on the 4th - you ?

• Like 2

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I think it would be a waste of time and effort going to the embassy. It is still almost locked down and appointments are mandatory for what few services they provide 

Have you tried emailing them about the COE?

I think you will get the COE early next week in plenty of time to board you flight.

if he does not get the coe . he just threw away an airline ticket .  a mandatory hotel room and insurance.  thats alot of money to spend , to not get the coe

• Like 2

to be honest im wondering if the coe might actually be easier than the travel pass. at least with coe u can get a human to help push it thru.  the travel pass is totally a computer program .  no human is involved? if a problem occurs with travel pass . you will permanently be on under consideration

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

the travel pass is totally a computer program .  no human is involved?

The travel pass is the same as COE - no computer program can check the diverse paperwork that will be uploaded.

• Like 1

Waste of time going there in person. Monday morning get on the phone , get in line , put it on speaker and wait as long as it takes , if it drops your call try again. Also send an email and if necessary do it all again tuesday , carry the phone around with you the whole time. Good luck

You didn’t mention Torquay on your application did you , that could only go wrong , too much information.

19 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

if he does not get the coe . he just threw away an airline ticket .  a mandatory hotel room and insurance.  thats alot of money to spend , to not get the coe

I arrived in Thailand 22nd October, the ASQ hotel stated that if COE wasn't issued I could re book  and Emirates change of booking was free.

• Like 1

Zyte - didn't understand your last comment. Never mind.

The point about attending the Embassy was already made clearly - no chance.

As for phoning and waiting all day for it to be picked up - no way for me. You might wait all day and never get an answer. I wondered if the phones were manned at all with Staff redeployed !

Salerno - IMO good to allow 2 weeks before flight when applying for a 'Thailand Pass' but actually, the ONLINE part of the process is OK IMO, if you are smartphone adept !

BritTim - very funny. ATB.  I used 'Tune Protect' for insurance and they were spot on !

1 hour ago, TorquayFan said:

Salerno - IMO good to allow 2 weeks before flight when applying for a 'Thailand Pass' but actually, the ONLINE part of the process is OK IMO, if you are smartphone adept !

Personally I don't see what smartphones have to do with anything nor did I imply there was an issue with the online side of things, was merely correcting a misconception that somehow has grown legs on here.

Edited by Salerno

5 days for pre-approval, 2 hours for final approval! I was panicking a bit on tuesday, but pre-approval at lunchtime, and final approval at 4 p.m. There was an issue with the filling in flight information, got to confirmation and details of airports missing, Just typing in the information didn't actually load it, you had to collapse the options back to minus or something, took me 3 or 4 attempts to get it right. Just edit again until it is. Have just had PCR back, so i fly tomorrow!

• Like 2

Had flight booked to Phuket and applied for COE. but not finally approved.

Flight was cancelled (got refund already)

Booked another flight with Emirates on different dates so have to apply for Thailand Pass.

I asked AXA Thailand to change policy dates for Covid insurance but they are not co-operating so I may have to buy new insurance..

Emirates include insurance cover in their prices.

Has anybody used this insurance to enter Thailand and is it accepted by Thai Embassy?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tourist Visa. I have a return flight

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

What visa are you coming in on? If one way flight it only covers 31 days so watch out for that.

Tourist Visa. For personal reasons I can only stay 16 days. Normally I would stay longer but flight options are  a bit limited . Dates, flight duration, no of layovers etc. I have a return flight. 

Edited by Emeraldisle
  • Like 1

I travel on 3rd November and arrive in Thailand on 4th Nov. Applied for COE on Mon 25th October. Pre-approval on Thursday 28th. COE issued 29th October by RTE London.

HOWEVER: My COE states: 

"Period of Quarantine: No less than 7 days eligible to enter Thailand on the following scheme; (1) Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result) or (2) Sandbox Programme."

I submitted SHA+/AQ Hotel booking for only 1 day and that was approved.

A friend received his COE on 30th October and his simply says; " Period of Quarantine: Exemption from Quarantine (after receiving negative RT-PCR test result).

I'm alarmed by the bit that say's "No less than 7 days" period of quarantine. I have emailed the embassy.

Thoughts anyone?

11 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You're welcome, one last thing if you haven't already seen it, see point 25 re getting a personalised policy to upload for TP.

https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance-faqs.pdf?h=_4vFoemLSIMxG_zq0fsk6g

Thank you again. I saw that already and Emirates kindlly sent me  a copy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Thoughts anyone?

They just hadn't updated properly, they had by the time your friend got it (when rules changed previously times where updated on arrival).

Edited by Salerno