Emirates' Covid insurance

I had a flight booked to Phuket with Turkish Airlines  but airline cancelled flight. Got refund within a couple of days. So no problem there. Booked another flight with Emirates but different dates. Hotel and PCR testing were very accommodating and changed dates. Problem is that AXA (for Covid insurance ) don't seem to be so cooperative.

Does anybody know if Emirates insurance meets the requirements for Thailand Pass?

If so, how do I get copy of policy?

Thanking you in advance for any information.

Edited by Emeraldisle
Typo

1 hour ago, Emeraldisle said:

Does anybody know if Emirates insurance meets the requirements for Thailand Pass?

Does for COE, should for TP ... as no one has been issued a TP yet not verified.

1 hour ago, Emeraldisle said:

If so, how do I get copy of policy?

Item 25: https://c.ekstatic.net/ecl/documents/before-you-fly/multi-risk-travel-insurance-faqs.pdf

4 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

I am assuming you are talking about asympto cases. Reports are better than nothing so I am inclined to believe them.

Yes, asymptomatic. Reports of "normal" insurance refusing but luckily they flew Emirates and that covered it - just one potential "gotcha" from memory, you have to notify them within 24 hours of getting tested positive I believe.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Salerno said:

Yes, asymptomatic. Reports of "normal" insurance refusing but luckily they flew Emirates and that covered it - just one potential "gotcha" from memory, you have to notify them within 24 hours of getting tested positive I believe.

Thanks again for your help.

Take care.

• Thanks 1

The O/P mentioned in his post that he'd not got a reply back from Emirates... I too have tried to contact them via e-mail to the links they provided, & yes, I got no replies whatsoever.   This makes me worry a little about relying on their

insurance scheme in a time-of-need.. Insurance is no damn good if the company will not get back to you!

I will however contact the isurance company Emirates use to request a personalised policy, and then check out the company covering me from there..?

Also, as a bit of a footnote... I do believe to obtain a Thailand Pass your insurance policy must state a min of 50,000

for Covid cover... So many insurance companies include Covid cover in their health coverage, but few actually highlight

this Covid coverage/$50,000 figure... Will wait to see if the Emirates policy shows this..?