Trying to fly to USA Nov 7

So confusing.......all these rules and changes.

I am trying fly to the USA with my "wife" to the USA.

She is Thai and also has a German Passport. 

Only one Pfizer vaccine 2 weeks ago.

I interpreted the rules that the fact she has been in Thailand since our last USA trip in 2019.... Not coming from one of the banned countries listed.... That she could travel with a negative covid test 72 hours before the Nov 7 flight.

That flight also arrives in San Fran on Nov 7.  Only a brief layover on Korea..not leaving the airport.

I know Nov 8 you have to be fully vaccinated.

I bought these tickets before they reported this Nov 8 rule change.

She will fly under the German Passport. 

I am really trying to figure out if she is going to be allowed to enter the USA.

Based on what I have read .... It is just under the previous rules and Thailand is not on that banned list.

Anyone able to decipher all this?  I  sure would appreciate your knowledge.

I work for the airline, and best I could do was enter the information as if she was a United employee, but I think this is pretty comprehensive;

I entered her as a resident of Thailand holding a German passport and not travelling as an employee

Summary

Conditional. The traveler will need to hold travel documents as detailed below.

USA

Passport

Passport required.

Passport Exemptions:

Passengers with an Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512).

Nationals of Germany with a temporary passport.

Document Validity:

Passports issued to nationals of Germany must be valid for the period of intended stay.

When nationals of Germany travel with a temporary passport, it must be valid for the period of intended stay.

When passengers travel with an authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512), it must be valid on arrival.

Minors:

Children younger than 16 years and who are nationals of Germany are not allowed to enter the USA on their parents passports.

Minors traveling unaccompanied, or accompanied by one parent or a person other than parent/legal guardian, can prevent possible delays if holding a notarized letter of authorization signed by absent parent(s). For more details refer to https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/3643/kw4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg.

Warning:

Passengers entering or transiting through the USA must have a negative COVID-19 test taken at most 3 days before departure from the first embarkation point. Tests accepted are: antigen, NAAT, RT-LAMP, RT-PCR or TMA. Passengers details (e.g., name and date of birth) in the certificate must match those stated in the passport or other travel document; and the test result must specify "negative" or "not detected". If marked "invalid" it is not accepted.
This does not apply to passengers younger than 2 years.

This does not apply to passengers with a medical certificate with a positive COVID-19 test result. The test must be taken at most three months before departure from the first embarkation point; and
- a letter issued by a health authority stating that the passenger has been cleared for travel. The test result must specify "positive" or "detected", if marked "invalid" it is not accepted.

Passengers must complete a disclosure and attestation form before departure. The form can be obtained at https://tinyurl.com/58nw6t8v4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg

Passengers are not allowed to enter and transit if in the past 14 days they have been to or transited through Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China (People's Rep.), Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or the United Kingdom.

Below listed passengers are allowed to enter the USA, even if they transited or have been in Austria, Belgium, Brazil, China (People's Rep.), Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom (excluding overseas territories outside of Europe) or Vatican City (Holy See), in the past 14 days:
- nationals of the USA;
- permanent residents of the USA;
- the spouse of a national of the USA. They must have a marriage certificate;
- the spouse of a permanent resident of the US. They must have a marriage certificate;
- the parent/legal guardian of an unmarried and younger than 21 years national or permanent resident of the USA;
- the unmarried and younger than 21 years brother or sister of a national or permanent resident of the USA, who is unmarried and younger than 21 years;
- the child/foster child/ward of a national or permanent resident of the USA;
- passengers with an IR-4 or IH-4 visa;
- passengers with a C-1 or D visa;
- passengers with an IR-1, CR-1, CR-2 visa;
- passengers with an IV, K-1, K-2, K-3, K-4 visa;
- passengers with an A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3, E-1 as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee's immediate family members, G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 visa;
- passengers with a C-1/D visa traveling to join a ship or aircraft in the USA;
- passengers with an H or L crew visa;
- passengers with a DV visa issued between 1 October 2019 and 30 September 2020;
- members of the U.S. Armed Forces, spouses, and children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces;
- passengers with evidence of traveling at the invitation of the USA government for a purpose related to the containment/mitigation of the Coronavirus (COVID-19);
- passengers with documents issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, or U.S. Department of State indicating that the passenger is exempt from the restriction;
- passengers with an NIE exemption.

Passengers are subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures set by the state/territory of their final destination. More information can be found at www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/healthdirectories/healthdepartments.html4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg

Passengers entering or transiting through Virgin Isl. (USA) must have a travel certification obtained at https://usvitravelportal.com/4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svgat most 5 days before departure from the first embarkation point. This will generate a green QR code which must be presented before boarding.
This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years.

Passengers entering or transiting through Virgin Isl. (USA) must have a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular test taken at most 5 days before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be issued by an approved laboratory, details can be found at https://usviupdate.com/4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg.
This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years.

DV visas issued in September 2020 that expired are accepted for entry.

Visa

Visa required.

Visa Exemptions:

Nationals of Germany with a biometric passport (with an electronic chip symbol on the cover) and an Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). They must travel as a tourist, on business or in transit, for a maximum stay of 90 days.
This does not apply to nationals of Germany with a child's passport (Kinderreisepass).

This does not apply to nationals of Germany with a temporary passport.

Passengers with an Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States (Form I-512).

Passengers with a Boarding Foil issued by the USA.

Additional Information:

A passenger may enter the USA with a valid visa in an expired passport, if also holding a valid passport of the same nationality. Transfer of a valid visa to a valid passport is highly recommended in all cases.

The following applies to those traveling under the US Visa Waiver Program:
Passengers must have a biometric passport (with an electronic chip symbol on the cover).

Detailed information on ESTA restrictions can be found on https://www.cbp.gov/travel/international-visitors/esta4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg#

A return/onward ticket (or electronic ticket record) must be to a final destination country other than Canada, Mexico or contiguous (adjacent) countries or territories situated in or bordering the Caribbean Sea . If a passenger holds proof of residence in Canada, Mexico or a contiguous (adjacent) country or territory and is transiting the USA to that country or territory, then an onward/return ticket to that country or territory is accepted.

Passenger can make side trips to Canada, Mexico or Caribbean countries/islands if they first enter the USA on a carrier participating in the VWP. No additional time is given (extension) based on the departure to contiguous (adjacent) territory .

Warning:

Passengers must obtain an ESTA authorization at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/4b66ce5d2cb18a5140bc79b13c886521.svg.
This does not apply to nationals of Germany with a child's passport (Kinderreisepass).

Visitors must hold a return/onward ticket to qualify for a visa exemption.

Health

Vaccinations not required.

Warning:

Those entering on a K-1 or K-2 visa must hold a medical form FS398 and X-ray plates of chest (full size not necessary).
Edited by GinBoy2