MODERNA Vaccine only

couchpotato

Just advising that the hospital (BPH) I prepaid back in July for family doses, just gave me confirmed 'Queue numbers' yesterday for the first batch arrival (but obviously no date for vaccination yet). Anyway now having 'Q' nbrs makes me feel a bit more optimistic. 

Has anyone else had 'Q' nbr confirmation from any other Hospitals around the country?

• Thanks 1

Mrs. Shrdlu was asked to update her registration details and answer questions regarding prior Covid vaccination and some medical info for the Moderna vaccine by Medpark Hospital recently. The document did not provide a queue number but did have a "vaccination number" on it. Not sure what this signifies in terms of position in a queue. It also did not indicate a date for vaccination.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Has anyone else had 'Q' nbr confirmation from any other Hospitals around the country?

Yes, but unclear what the queue number really means. Expecting/hoping for a date today, but may not be in the first grouping. If the hospital gets 10,000 doses we should be set. But not counting any chickens until the arm hurts.

There seems to be some secrecy, unusual given the tarmac photos normally offered for these events, regarding today's shipment.

I too saw the LH reference, LH 772 FRA-BKK did land a few minutes ago. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

little bit strange, cause i was under impression that those who paid would be able to schedule and re-schedule appointments. but TIT, it's all mud

That is what I was told orally, too. I received a queue number nevertheless by SMS although I was inoculated just a few days ago by the same hospital. But I assume that as a first class medical institution they know there is a waiting time of about 6 months (depends what you got as a vaccine 1. and 2. shot) between your second jab and the booster.

For me this would be sometime in April 2022. I therefore have to contact them before they will send me the definitive date and time of the booster appointment as announced in the SMS.

THG have released the following on their Facebook page. Those with queue numbers from 1 to 31000 are going to be in the first batch for injections. Based on 1000 a day at each of the THG hospitals with timings for 500 in the morning and 500 in the afternoon. I believe they will be starting from 8th Nov.

The wife and myself have numbers in the 145000 range!! Looking to be end of Dec at the earliest based on the amount coming in each week.

I have been vaccinated with Pfizer through expatvac as I could not wait and will be keeping my 2 shots as boosters for us both. The wife meanwhile has purchased 2 shots from a friend with a shorter queue number at a different hospital and should be next week for the jab. Will be selling her 2 shots to a friend of the family. 

Sounds complicated, but all makes sense, which it should not have been if the Government had not been involved!!

Edited by worrab
Add details
  • Like 1

Availability and supply of moderna vaccines may improve now that today FDA announced it has delayed it's EUA approval of moderna for use in adolescents aged 12 to 17 years citing more time required to study risks of heart inflammation called myocarditis after vaccination.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/fda-moderna-eua-covid-shot-under-18-delayed/507-e43e2ff1-e586-4162-9843-9cf0f41f2c8d

Edited by codemonkey
  • Like 1

These 2 questions are on many peoples minds, so here is the answer from BPH.

I'm sure many of you will find it useful.

To BPH:  (using their Line account) Two Moderna questions please.
1) I think its possible to change the name of paid doses, so if I want to do that, can you tell how to do. What do you need. 
2) If I want to delay a confirmed booster shot by about 2-3 months, is that possible.
Thank you for your help.
Regards.

Answer from BPH:
19:36 รพ.กรุงเทพพัทยา

1. You can  transfer  the  queue  to  other  people  with  the  next  sms  that  hospital  will send to you to confirm appointment.  You can change the  name  by  yourself. 
2. The  Moderna vaccine can keep  about  6 months so  you can keep  it.  

I don't have any other info at this time, but it seems these two processes will be fairly straight forward.

Hope it helps...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 11:24 AM, worrab said:

Meant to mention in my post that we were dealing with THG in Chumphon. We have had our queue numbers since we purchased in July.

Just to update the situation. THG have sent us a LINE message today 25th Nov and we can book from 16.00 tomorrow for the Moderna. The actual vaccinating days will be between 6th and 20th Dec. Did not expect this to suddenly take off but possibly the fact more Moderna has arrived and the Health Minister pushing everyone to get jabbed may have helped.