Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

7 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Just keep trying.

I've tried like 15 times with 3 different email address, the last attempt worked INSTANT, received the QR code within like 5 seconds.

Do the tricks that seem to work, what i did :

1) Converted all my PDF to JPEG (no snapshot) online, just google it
2) Added a space after my passport number

3) Chose AQ hotel instead of ASH+

4) Uploaded my 2nd vaccine QR code (EU digital covid certificate) for both 1st and 2nd dose QR codes.

When i did that i worked like magic, i now have 14 pending requests but that didn't prevent the 15th attempt to go through

Edit : why did i try so many times ? 

After reading that post and seing people getting some instant confirmation / QR code i knew that the system was automated (first i thought it was done manually).

Hence, if you do not receive that confirmation instantly it means that the system wasn't able to properly read some of your uploaded documents, and your request will be processed manually (that's why some people receive the confirmation 1-2-3 days after, there's a human being behind).

So just keep trying until the system is able to process automatically.

Thank you! I will try it that way! Fingers crossed, and I will update if any qr conf is received. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Salerno said:

There is no list of FAQs (unless you click the link at the bottom), just click the button and it walks you through.

305341122_Thailand-Pass-Registration-System-for-air-travel-only-(6).png.36292aa072715c952d94a1072fc47523.png

Hi Salerno, I have now accessed the application page by going to tp.consular.go.th and selected the 7 day sandbox, reason for travel, I am flying from South Africa, retuning to Thailand from, as I will travel on a NON Imm O visa, length of stay 90 days, I hit register. It comes up Application Error on clients side exception has occurred. what can I do now?

4 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Unfortunately no. Why would that make a difference, as I say I'm not good with computers

Could it be because I am coming from South Africa, still on the Red List. I have the double vaccination certificate, digital and Paper, so?

4 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Could it be because I am coming from South Africa, still on the Red List. I have the double vaccination certificate, digital and Paper, so?

That shouldn't be an issue.

9 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Unfortunately no. Why would that make a difference, as I say I'm not good with computers

Depending on the quality of the code (running the website) and the browser (and version of browser) things may or may not work.

What browser are you using and operating system (Apple or Windows)?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Depending on the quality of the code (running the website) and the browser (and version of browser) things may or may not work.

Windows 10

Just now, Salerno said:

Well ....

Anyways ... i agree, just try a different way / browser, but these errors codes usually don't mean anything even when properly coded, so when the whole thing has been coded with Blend 285, you know. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Understood - Does your Thailand Pass Approval / QR Code state ‘Quarantine for 10 days’ (or something similar) at the bottom ?

That could be a good ‘Plan B’ just incase the 1 night ‘Test & Go’ Approval is not received.

But, I’m wondering if the fast approval was not just a fluke or if approval was fast because there is no Vaccine Certificate and QR code to be checked by a human.

QR code at top of page and at the bottom it says Alternative Quarantine with arrival date, I scanned QR code with my iPhone and got redirected to a government Thai page with my name at top of page,in the middle of page Thailand pass id number and says Alternative Quarantine then at bottom of page it has date of both my Pfizer shots 

51 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Understood - Does your Thailand Pass Approval / QR Code state ‘Quarantine for 10 days’ (or something similar) at the bottom ?

That could be a good ‘Plan B’ just incase the 1 night ‘Test & Go’ Approval is not received.

But, I’m wondering if the fast approval was not just a fluke or if approval was fast because there is no Vaccine Certificate and QR code to be checked by a human.

QR code at top of page and at the bottom it says Alternative Quarantine with arrival date, I scanned QR code with my iPhone and got redirected to a government Thai page with my name at top of page,in the middle of page Thailand pass id number and says Alternative Quarantine then at bottom of page it has date of both my Pfizer shots 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

But, I’m wondering if the fast approval was not just a fluke or if approval was fast because there is no Vaccine Certificate and QR code to be checked by a human

Edited by flyguyryan

6 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Well ....

Anyways ... i agree, just try a different way / browser, but these errors codes usually don't mean anything even when properly coded, so when the whole thing has been coded with Blend 285, you know. 

Know?

1 minute ago, Stephanhassel said:

Thanks for the great tips!!!

I did exactly as suggested and got the QR code immediately!

I was close to give up on the whole matter and even considered cancelling the entire trip, having tried to apply multiple times since Monday.

Thanks again & good luck to everyone else

That's amazing, thanks for the feedback !

8 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Windows 10

What browser? Anyway, download one you don't have and give it a try.

Chrome https://www.google.com.au/intl/en_au/chrome/

Edge https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

Firefox https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Opera https://www.opera.com/download

Brave https://brave.com/download/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephanhassel said:

Thanks for the great tips!!!

I did exactly as suggested and got the QR code immediately!

I was close to give up on the whole matter and even considered cancelling the entire trip, having tried to apply multiple times since Monday.

Thanks again & good luck to everyone else

What country are you from? EU vaccine certificate?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

Thank you, I have been using my laptop, now tried on my phone. Same feedback, also see the browser console for more information, any idea what that means?

Just now, Alphim said:

Same feedback, also see the browser console for more information, any idea what that means?

No offence meant, but given the level of tech knowledge you say you possess that would be getting in way over your head and unlikely to help (it's basically a tool to see what's happening on a site to help trouble shoot issues etc.).

Try a different browser on your laptop first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Caggo said:

So my progress was as follows:

As soon as the TP website launched, I waited a little bit. I knew there will be bugs straight away so the first attempt was made around 9pm thai time. No spaces after or before passport number, no special tricks. I have put wrong vaccination name first, watch out for that. In Europe, or at least in Slovakia, the vaccine I got was promoted as Pfizer BioNTech. So thats what I have put in in my first try. I have put full Slovakian issued vaccination certificates and cropped QR codes where they belong (not the EU digital covid pass). Dose 1/2 and 2/2. No tricks there. I have booked SHA+ hotel for 7 nights (because i have started the whole process when CoE was still in effect) and I got Insurance that covers 100.000 USD (also was lowered to 50k now) - i uploaded just the first page which contains the general most important information. I didnt change any of that, as the hassle would take more energy than money that would be saved. On the SHA+ was neither info about paid PCR at PHUKET airport which I have. Here I also had to use the CORS extension. I got a success message after submitting but no immediate confirmation email. The confirmation email came roughly 15 hours later.

Second try, i added a space behind a passport number. Nothing else. This try was done roughly 24 hours later. I got the confirmation email immediately, but no QR code also. Here, I still used the Pfizer name. 

Last try I removed the space after passport number, switched the name of the vaccine to Comirnaty (THATS THE NAME ON THE CERTIFICATE). I still uploaded the full certificates (1/2 and 2/2) and cropped QR codes (also 1/2 and 2/2) to each. This submission was done on 3.11. at 17 thai time and here i got the confirmation also immediately. Not the QR code though. QR code came to the email adress 32 hours later. There is a correct date and when i scan it, it says that its VALID. So success i guess. I know that the last one got approved because of the name of the vaccine is Comintary.

The email adress used was the same all the time, with gmail. I found the hotel on agoda, but i booked directly with them as for hotel to send you the SHABA confirmation they need the payment to be in their account. Agoda holds it until the arrival date. I issued the PCR tests after arrival and insurance via the recommended websites on thai embassy website. 

But you don't know why attempt resulted in the QR code. 

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

No offence meant, but given the level of tech knowledge you say you possess that would be getting in way over your head and unlikely to help (it's basically a tool to see what's happening on a site to help trouble shoot issues etc.).

Try a different browser on your laptop first.

Thank you, you are probably right, and definitely no offence taken, I will try those sites you gave me on my laptop. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

3 minutes ago, Alphim said:

Thank you, you are probably right, and definitely no offence taken, I will try those sites you gave me on my laptop. Thank you so much for all your efforts.

You're welcome, the fact you got the same problem on your phone is a bit worrying, kind of suggests it's not a browser issue but you still need to eliminate that possibility.

Check the browser you have first then try Edge or Chrome (the one you don't have).

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Destined said:

I think that those who apply and get instant approval were actually already approved. They just didn't get the approval email for whatever reason.

That is not so. I applied today at 10am UTC for the very first time.
No tricks. No space in the passport number.
I got the registration and the approval mail with a valid QR-Code instantly. The software was nice to me. No human action cab be so quick.

I suppose the reason is, as someone already wrote:

The solution: I uploaded the 1st and the second vaccination certificate and then I uploaded the qrcode of the EU certificate (all alone and cropped) below the red lines of the 1st and second certificate. It is important to put it on for the 1st vaccination as well. Use the same qrcode.

At least for people with EU certificate.

Good luck for all. I feel with you.

2 hours ago, gim12 said:

35 pages of posts detailing problems, and the complicated steps required to overcome some of those problems, suggest that the title, Thailand Pass Up and Running, is not very accurate

Accurate but not complete. "into trouble" is missing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

Also guys i forgot to mention but on tops of the QR code trick + the space after the passport number + the AQ hotel instead of SHA+ :

I also got rid of my crappy PDF screenshots JPEG and went online and properly converted all my PDF to JPEG (google PDF to jpeg).

That gave me some nice full size JPEG, not sure if that helps but just so you know.

Hello, Im traveling ..hopefully on the 15 november. I applied for TP on Monday the 1 , my application was received and I got a conformation but no QR code. 

Now reading all this makes me worried and confused. I chose the Exemption from Quarantine (EQ) / Test and Go from he 3 selections because Im eligible for this selection and I only booked 1 night at a SHA + hotel.  So what you guys are saying is that, if we want a QR code we should put AQ instead av EQ (Exemption from Quarantine) even is we only booked one night at SHA + hotel ?? Because for the AQ section you need to have booked 10 days in quarantine hotel. Hope somebody can give me some clarity because Im getting worried and if I need to redo everything again I should do it asap so I dont run out of time. Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Nikkii said:

Hello, Im traveling ..hopefully on the 15 november. I applied for TP on Monday the 1 , my application was received and I got a conformation but no QR code. 

Now reading all this makes me worried and confused. I chose the Exemption from Quarantine (EQ) / Test and Go from he 3 selections because Im eligible for this selection and I only booked 1 night at a SHA + hotel.  So what you guys are saying is that, if we want a QR code we should put AQ instead av EQ (Exemption from Quarantine) even is we only booked one night at SHA + hotel ?? Because for the AQ section you need to have booked 10 days in quarantine hotel. Hope somebody can give me some clarity because Im getting worried and if I need to redo everything again I should do it asap so I dont run out of time. Thank you! 

No.

Only at the like 4th step when they ask you for your hotel booking ID and confirmation, they'll ask you what kind of hotel you choose ASH+ or alternative quarantine, that's where i chose AQ.

It was NOT on the first page when you have to choose between Exemption /  sandbox / alternative.

You chose Exemption and then later on when they ask you about your hotel booking details you choose "alternative quarantine" instead of ASH+

• Like 1

6 hours ago, raptorea said:

Well I cant apply until 11/09/21 and my flight leaves 11/30/21. I hope all goes ok because I have paid a ton of $$ with hotels and flights already

Anyone, correct me if I am wrong but the time frame to apply is 7 to 30 days prior to the date of departure ( unless you are waiting for a document to submit your application)

The 7 day specification is kind of worrying though as "The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days" is the confirmation we receive after submitting successfully.

8 hours ago, Caggo said:

So, i called the embassy in Vienna. I have been told that if I got the confirmation email, and not the QR code instantly, I should wait for 7 days as is mentioned in the email. If i dont get the QR code in time, then i have to postpone the flight (this got me mad as hell, because I did everything right, it is not my fault that I wouldnt have it). Then the lady told me that if i dont have it a day before my flight, I should contact them again. This thing is pissing me of so much. Especially the attitude. Thai located embassies (as far as I know) are not providing ANY official information, about the API errors, no emails coming through, QR codes not coming through. People are figuring it out like Sherlock Holmes. And when you get in touch with your local Thai Embassy, they tell you its not their fault

That is what is mentioned in the email: "Thailand Pass system has received your registration.

The result of your registration will be sent to this email within 7 working days."

1 hour ago, Pepper9187 said:

Just keep trying.

I've tried like 15 times with 3 different email address, the last attempt worked INSTANT, received the QR code within like 5 seconds.

Do the tricks that seem to work, what i did :

1) Converted all my PDF to JPEG (no snapshot) online, just google it
2) Added a space after my passport number

3) Chose AQ hotel instead of ASH+

4) Uploaded my 2nd vaccine QR code (EU digital covid certificate) for both 1st and 2nd dose QR codes.

When i did that i worked like magic, i now have 14 pending requests but that didn't prevent the 15th attempt to go through

Edit : why did i try so many times ? 

After reading that post and seing people getting some instant confirmation / QR code i knew that the system was automated (first i thought it was done manually).

Hence, if you do not receive that confirmation instantly it means that the system wasn't able to properly read some of your uploaded documents, and your request will be processed manually (that's why some people receive the confirmation 1-2-3 days after, there's a human being behind).

So just keep trying until the system is able to process automatically.

Yes it didn’t work. Only the email conf:( guess I’ll have to wait it out and see. I can’t reschedule the date of flight or hotel booking. Hotel was non refundable and I used my vacation days at work. I’ll let know if anything changes. Thank you for the suggestion. 

• Like 1