Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

I just got approved for my second Thailand trip under Thailand Pass, and will be departing in 7 days.  This might be helpful for some Americans like me who have 2 QR Codes to choose from.

I first applied on Thursday November 26 in the early morning. Got my receipt email and tracking number and have been checking status way too often since. It's been stuck on "Reviewing" so on Monday November 29 I sent an email to the support email address asking for help, but nothing heard and 24 hours later still no approval. This application used my gmail address which was the one that got approved for my first trip earlier this month.  I also uploaded the cropped vaccine QR Code from my HMO Kaiser Permanente, it's called a "Smart Health Card" because someone posted they got instant approval with it.

Since I have 7 days until departure, I was starting to feel a bit stressed so just now I did a second application using my work email address. For my first trip 3 weeks ago I used that on my first application that was never approved.  The only difference is this time I used my California State vaccine QR Code from my phone app (cropped to just the code).  I hit submit and seconds later heard my email chime and looked to find both the receipt email and the instant approval.  Still showing "Reviewing" on the one I submitted back on the 26th.

Who really knows how the automated approvals work, but for any Yanks who have the California QR code, I'm at least 1 case where it worked for instant approval.

• Like 1

I applied for Thailand Pass two days ago for myself and my wife.  They were both approved immediately.  USA.  Our first two vaccinations had a document with QR codes from Salem Health (in Oregon).  My wife's third vaccination shot was at CVS pharmacy in California and she had a QR code for it.  My third shot was at Walmart in Oregon and I was finally able to get a QR code for it.  AXA 20-day insurance for 1,540 THB each.  The Athenee Bangkok Test & Go package.  Yahoo email addresses.  Just need to get the RT-PCR prior to departure now.  Planning on doing the $37 Amazon COVID-19 Test Collection Kit DTC with a local backup.  

14 minutes ago, deptrai said:

I applied for Thailand Pass two days ago for myself and my wife.  They were both approved immediately.  USA.  Our first two vaccinations had a document with QR codes from Salem Health (in Oregon).  My wife's third vaccination shot was at CVS pharmacy in California and she had a QR code for it.  My third shot was at Walmart in Oregon and I was finally able to get a QR code for it.  AXA 20-day insurance for 1,540 THB each.  The Athenee Bangkok Test & Go package.  Yahoo email addresses.  Just need to get the RT-PCR prior to departure now.  Planning on doing the $37 Amazon COVID-19 Test Collection Kit DTC with a local backup.  

Your insurance is for 20-days.  I reckon you are staying less than a month.  Do you need to submit return flight tickets?

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Your insurance is for 20-days.  I reckon you are staying less than a month.  Do you need to submit return flight tickets?

no need to provide return trip tickets, or any tickets for that matter. My trip last month was for 10 days and my 2nd trip (already approved) next week is for 12 days. There isn't even a place to upload the flight itinerary or receipt although I suppose you could on the final page where they provide that last miscellaneous document upload area.

I think what you're getting at is when you land you get the stamp for 30 days so a 20 day insurance policy is short of that, but as we do input the length of stay in the application that policy is fine.  I found the the cost between a 20 day and 30 days policy to be negligible though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, deptrai said:

$37 for an RT-PCR test is a bargain. I would have done this my last trip if I knew about it.  I ended up spending $200 for a 20 minute test at the airport on my departure day because I wasn't home within 72 hours of departure.

This trip though I'm home and my HMO gives me the RT-PCR for free so I'm just doing that. So I guess Salem Health doesn't do them for free for you. Or maybe you're not at home and in a situation like I was in.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on that Amazon test.  At $37 that should be helpful to some people.

1 hour ago, PabloSanDiego said:

$37 for an RT-PCR test is a bargain. I would have done this my last trip if I knew about it.  I ended up spending $200 for a 20 minute test at the airport on my departure day because I wasn't home within 72 hours of departure.

This trip though I'm home and my HMO gives me the RT-PCR for free so I'm just doing that. So I guess Salem Health doesn't do them for free for you. Or maybe you're not at home and in a situation like I was in.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on that Amazon test.  At $37 that should be helpful to some people.

I find the Amazon test an interesting alternative. Although I found a clinic that takes insurance, when I called my insurance provider to confirm that they will pay for the PCR test, when I said that the test was for travel, they said that won't pay for it. If I just go to the clinic and ask for the test without saying the test is for the purpose of travel, perhaps my insurance will pay for it.

The problem for me with the Amazon test is whether they consider Christmas Eve as a Holiday. They only accept tests Monday through Friday, except on Holidays. My family travels on the day after Christmas (December 26) which means I'd have to submit their tests no earlier than the afternoon of December 23 and hope that the results are provided on December 24 - Christmas Eve.

1 hour ago, Glassjaw said:

Got an instant approval for my pass and a fairly easy process all around. I am rather surprised, to be honest ????

Just using your post as a random example......

What is your intended length of stay and what length of insurance did you obtain.

Finally are you entering with visa or reentry permit or visa exempt, etc? 

On 12/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, Kopitiam said:

Yes.  17 days.  I submitted my round trip ticket details from the airline.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, PabloSanDiego said:

Salem Heath does not do them for free as far as I know.  I'm also going to have another test done at a Curative Labs location (a local church).  They are free and promise 1-2 day results.  I'm just not yet certain if the test and certification will be RT-PCR or RT-qPCR.  I've emailed them to ask, but haven't had a response yet.

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Just using your post as a random example......

What is your intended length of stay and what length of insurance did you obtain.

Finally are you entering with visa or reentry permit or visa exempt, etc? 

Entering visa exempt, intending on a few months perhaps. My insurance is provided by my bank so just showed my existing cover. Used vaccine QR codes:

On 12/2/2021 at 8:09 AM, PabloSanDiego said:

Amazon test results were back in less than 48 hours from when I dropped off the sample at the UPS Store is Salem, OR.  After I had purchased the Amazon kit, I found a place in Corvallis that does the test for free...WVT Laboratory.  You meed to sign up for a LabDash account.  That result came back (negative) in less than 12 hours.  

Now I'm just hoping two negatives doesn't equal a positive.

The Thailand Pass site now appears completely dead. I tried multiple browsers, mobile and laptop, and can't even get beyond the first page.  Clicking anything except the link to FAQ (MFA) does absolutely nothing.

Edit: check that, I decided to try a VPN and changed my location from Spain to USA.  Can now get access. Seriously? Obviously still effed up since Spain is on the list of allowed countries.

Edited by eppic

45 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

I applied for the 60 day tourist visa today. should I enter 30 days of stay for the Thailand pass, or my 60 day stay?

or best to wait for the visa (hopefully) first, then apply for the TP? 

You would put 60 days of stay.

You could wait for your visa to be issued to apply for the Thailand Pass if you wanted to.

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would put 60 days of stay.

You could wait for your visa to be issued to apply for the Thailand Pass if you wanted to.

So the Thailand pass doesn't have a field for the Visa, just put my exact dates. TP is the entry document, not Visa. Thank you

10 minutes ago, mitebbots said:

So the Thailand pass doesn't have a field for the Visa, just put my exact dates. TP is the entry document, not Visa. Thank you

If I remember correctly, the application asked for an estimated departure date from Thailand. I believe you need COVID insurance that covers you for your estimated duration.

I wonder what happens to those that declare a departure from Thailand in say 30 days, purchase insurance for 30 days, but then enter in on a 60 day visa?