1st Lot of Moderna Vaccine Arrives

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Canada, UK and Australia are not providing Sinovac! ????????

Here is the rub I think!

These vaccines are not the best, but are safe and effective, and are most definitely better than nothing.

Somehow you seem to have been guided by other factors.  

The Moderna vaccine like all the vaccines is associated with a number of serious adverse effects albeit they are uncommon. 

18 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Canada, UK, and Australia for sure all advised taking the vaccine that is offered. I don't know about the USA, but I'm sure that would have happened when people started to express disquiet over the JJ vaccine.

It is blindingly obvious that mortality is strongly linked to age.

By declining a vaccine (even passively) we endanger our own health and to a lesser extent those around us, although probably not that much if you are under 50.

Link to WHO advice, but really this the advice I have seen from every recognized health board https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/science-in-5/episode-35---which-vaccine-should-i-take-and-what-about-side-effects

I agree with the concept but unfortunately I believe there are many who want to avoid sinovac or even a mixed vaccine because there is still a lot of confusion when it comes to any desired international travel. While many countries have "recognized" Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines some also still consider them inadequate for non quarantine entry eligibility. Similarly with a combo with such as AZ as a second shot which on medical opinion mostly confirms efficacy also advises an extended wait time before a booster of matching vaccine which delays averting quarantine free eligibility. Further complications arise even within countries .

The following recent link illustrates the issues outside of personal preference of any particular vaccine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/travel/travel-vaccine.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

You need to approach the hospital itself or the local Public District Health Office.  I thought that Expatvac was exclusively Pfizer, so I don't know what happened there.  

Honestly, I wouldn't refuse a vaccine.  Where do you live?

Expatvac was exclusively Pfizer - NO!!  When I went for my Pvac there was another guy that had organised to have AV (which was an option on the for for me too)

The organises told him  over and again to insiste on AV which he did depite one all wise nurse loadly saying they are only doing Pziser that day... so he insisted, saw the bottle and got what he wanted....  once again, dont beleive anything, and even then things can be "adjusted"

• Like 1

Interesting events 

From the very first original registration and payment many months ago supplying Thai id and my passport. 

Our daughter was the only one to receive a cue number 163394 

Someone lost / deleted 6 members of my family's information including me 

We had to re register quickly AGAIN yesterday after finding this out  

So will be interesting to see what cue numbers we eventually get.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Seeall said:

Expatvac was exclusively Pfizer - NO!!  When I went for my Pvac there was another guy that had organised to have AV (which was an option on the for for me too)

The organises told him  over and again to insiste on AV which he did depite one all wise nurse loadly saying they are only doing Pziser that day... so he insisted, saw the bottle and got what he wanted....  once again, dont beleive anything, and even then things can be "adjusted"

Honestly, I'd set my mind on the Sinovac vaccine as being the best option for me. I've heard really good reports about from the medical profession in Turkey where it's been a success, and it appears to have only mild side effects. In the end, only Pfizer was available to me, and it was a struggle to get anything.  Ultimately, I did not have any side effects of note.

I suppose if you live in a remote or not very densely populated area the mRNA vaccines are not possible because of logistics.

My view is that the mRNA vaccines have been overhyped, whereas Sinovac and AZ have been unfairly criticized.  hence, I say get anything you are able to.

22 hours ago, Seeall said:

If you are going to quote, then at least use my words, ie 'I think'.

3 hours ago, Kirb46Lam said:

Interesting events 

From the very first original registration and payment many months ago supplying Thai id and my passport. 

Our daughter was the only one to receive a cue number 163394 

Someone lost / deleted 6 members of my family's information including me 

We had to re register quickly AGAIN yesterday after finding this out  

So will be interesting to see what cue numbers we eventually get.

Yes, I had the same type of experience.  I really would recommend staying within the Thai Public system if possible.  Some institutions in the Intervac system have got their act together though.  Very frustrating for you.  My experience is that once the mistake is made, there is a very good chance it will happen again, again and again.  So, I would really keep on the case.

Actually, in this instance you might well consider a complaint to your District Public Health Office who could expedite matters on your behalf, after all this is not like waiting for a new sofa to arrive.

Since perfectly adequate vaccines have been available you might want to reflect on your vaccine strategy imo.

Edited by mommysboy

Yes, I had the same type of experience. 

Will be interesting to see if we even get a cue number this round 

We have a local doctor/nurse couple that we know well in our area 

They were informing us of the Moderna arrival the other day. 

i wonder a cue number in this first batch or perhaps the next batch because of this F Up 

i am thinking 7 double shots of Moderna sold to an Army officer and his family ????

My Thai niece thinks the same ????

interesting how there was just one cue card number from our family of 8 

Anyway our daughter is very lucky ????

On 11/2/2021 at 7:36 AM, thesetat2013 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Of all the Moderna that has arrive. Only 10% will be given to hospitals. The government will procure the rest for their program. In the hospital I paid and registered for many months ago. They claim they will only get 70k doses with the next 10 days. But reading this news is misleading to say the least. In Thai news I'm told they this other pertinent information. So don't quote me on it. Because I can't read Thai to know sure if my information is 100% accurate. 

It's 77% not 10% given to private hospitals.

Khaosod English

On 11/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, Seeall said:

AV ? Is that a new vaccine? When did it come in? 

Okay, I won't believe anything I read here... ????